Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > Detailing & Car Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked7.5 hours later...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tong328icab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2007 at 12:07

Originally posted by fozzymandeus fozzymandeus wrote:

Coasting, when you're applying the sealant to the roof, how do you prevent getting spray all over the glass/bodywork?

The only solution I've had is to apply it only sparingly to the roof edges.

have a bottle of quick detailer or megs last touch, or something similar and nice micro fibre cloth handy and wipe clean immediatly,

hth

Bill

Sponsored Links

Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coasting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2007 at 14:53

Indeed, a very good point.  I use AG Fast Glass on the windows straight away, because it's a nightmare to get off if you leave it.

Intensive Tar Remover will actually get rid of anything you miss, after the event, but of course you have to go back and polish and wax that area again because it removes anything and everything!

Now with FREE HPI CHECK and FREE GLASSES GUIDE VALUATIONS for all members!

Jack735 View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2007 at 15:12

Wash, cut and blow dry - an hour and a half!!!

Don't laugh - that's as long as it's ever taken me to wash a car

Actually it was Chemical Guys 'cirtruswash+gloss' followed by 'xxx Hard Core Paste' (pure 3x Carnauba + Advanced Polymer)

Oooh, The machine of a dream, such a clean machine With the pistons a pumpin', and the alloys all gleam, When I'm holding your wheel, All I hear is your gear, With my hand on your grease gun, Mmm it's like a disease son, I'm in love with my car, gotta feel for my automobile, Get a grip on my .......
Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coasting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2007 at 16:32
Bloody hell, you did well to get that amount of metal covered in 90 minutes!  It takes me 30 minutes to do the wheels!!!

Now with FREE HPI CHECK and FREE GLASSES GUIDE VALUATIONS for all members!

Jack735 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2007 at 17:41

Originally posted by Coasting Coasting wrote:

Bloody hell, you did well to get that amount of metal covered in 90 minutes!  It takes me 30 minutes to do the wheels!!!

My wheels are no great shakes anyway, they're as good as they're going to be if I spent 5 minutes on each or 50!

BTW still resting!!!

Oooh, The machine of a dream, such a clean machine With the pistons a pumpin', and the alloys all gleam, When I'm holding your wheel, All I hear is your gear, With my hand on your grease gun, Mmm it's like a disease son, I'm in love with my car, gotta feel for my automobile, Get a grip on my .......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic