Forum LockedEvening Run

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Evening Run
    Posted: 25-April-2007 at 11:20
Guys - I've stuck together an article for the BMWCC mag but they NEED a photo to go with it. If anyone has a high res piccie of any of the cars involved in the run or of scenery similar to that seen on the run or a multi-purpose 'cool' Scottish Region picture could you get it to me please so that we get the article in.
Sponsored Links

muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2007 at 21:02

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTvjRyv0c5M

off topic but goes with ians sig pic

I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

Bigian View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2007 at 17:32
Sounds like you guys had a good run nice 1

Edited by Bigian
If you can't be good don't get caught
--------------------------
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2007 at 15:24

Originally posted by mramage mramage wrote:

Another run sounds good. Please tatto the date to my head so I don't get the wrong date this time.

Back to front so you can see it in the mirror... I need it as well

I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2007 at 14:09
Will do mate.
mramage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2007 at 13:42

Another run sounds good. Please tatto the date to my head so I don't get the wrong date this time.

Edited by mramage
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2007 at 12:39

If you think that is bad they hada 2.0L Cortina as well

gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2007 at 11:34
I remeber my grandfather telling me about them
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2007 at 10:54
In my days at Motherwell traffic( just a try out) it was just the A74. No motorway back then. Ah the 2.8 Granny what a car

gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2007 at 10:36
Originally posted by muppet 2 muppet 2 wrote:

The abington services lap on this thread would make an interesting detour ... currently my favourite run out

http://www.bavarian-board.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=36163&am p;PN=3

Muppet, I'm thinking of another run as in part 2 of this one, as we never took in the old A74. But looking at your link it brings back memories when i was at traffic Motherwell and we used to go along that road, what a drive and the scenery was awesome.

Might just take your detour for part 2.

Any ideas from anyone when we would want to do this agian, maybe at a more sedate speed and earlier start time so as to take in the scenery and get some pic's.

mramage no money required we just ate from the main menu. hopefully you can make the next one

Edited by gary
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2007 at 10:31
Originally posted by Webdunk Webdunk wrote:

Good words Gary - can I steal 'em and edit into a mag submission please?

Who's got pix?

D

Batter in mate
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-April-2007 at 10:18

The abington services lap on this thread would make an interesting detour ... currently my favourite run out

http://www.bavarian-board.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=36163&am p;PN=3

Vikerin View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vikerin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2007 at 23:39
I did take a couple of pics when we stopped but to be honest they weren't up to much in the dark. I really need to learn to use this camera  properly This ones the best of a bad bunch .....

Welshy View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Welshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2007 at 22:59
Thanks for the rundown Gary, I missed all the scenery due to concentrating
on not taking a nosedive into any fields!

I really enjoyed the run, once we got off the bumpy stuff the roads were
fabulous and the weather was just right to let us really enjoy the cars, just a
pity the light didn't hold out and some folks were keen to head home as
time was pushing on.

A smaller meet was good as well I thought, I'd be up for a few more of these.

Dunc, I believe Stuart took a few photos when we got to Abington but the
light was fading so I don't know how good they'll be, I'm sure he'll be along
shortly to let us know.
BMW 330 Ci
mramage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2007 at 15:48

Waaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

Apologies, for some reason I thought this was tonight, was just on checking all was well. Burger, sorry. Gary, if your mate needs the needs the money to square up the numbers for the meal I'll settle up at the next meet.

Sorry about that. I was really looking forward to a run...

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2007 at 14:08
Good words Gary - can I steal 'em and edit into a mag submission please?

Who's got pix?

D
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2007 at 11:36
Vikerin, John, John's wife, Shorty, Welshy, Gav my oldest son and I all made the run.

We met at the Waterside Inn at 7pm and had a wee bite to eat. (looks like a cracking place for a monthly meet in future, given the driving roads in and around Strahaven) and headed off for the run about 7:30pm.

The road out to Kirkmuirhill was a bit bumpy but a cracking road to test your cars handling and your steering.

Then a gentle drive through Kirmuirhill until we met up with the other end of the B road and off to Lanark via the A72, taking in Hazlebank and Rosebank along the Clyde valley floor, with the Clyde river to your nearside.

Another gentle drive through Lanark where we then took the A70 towards the A721, with some sweeping left and right hand bends mixed in with some nice wide open straights to really open up the cars.

From there we took the A721 taking in the hamlet of Newbiggin, which had a lovely looking wee Inn where if we were to have another drive we could stop and have a bite to eat.

This eventually took us onto the A702 which is a fantastic road, taking us through biggar and a lovely wee hamlet called Coulter, which also has an Inn where we could stop for more refreshments, if this is to become a regular thing. The A702 is similar to the A721, with a mixture of fast flowing bends and tight twist and turns, during the daylight you can see whats coming from about 2 miles away, which allows you to attack some of the more challenging pieces of road with confidence, but what makes this road stand out for me is, near the end as you approach Abington Services you run parallel with the railway line to you offside and if your lucky and can time it right, you can test your driving skills against the high speed trains to London. Let me tell you some of the passengers in the past have been beaten by a good few cars on their way south. Unfortuantly we never found a train last night.

By this time it was fast approaching 9pm and darkness had fallen as we reached Abington Servies, so we all decided that the second part of the journey, the old A74, and arguably the best part would be continued as in all good sequels.

Not much time for pics as it was all driving, but if we make this a regular thing and earlier, say about 6pm then there are some fantastic areas for pics.

Like just before we came to Lanark on the A72 there is a viewpoint on another B road which is only 1 and a quarter miles off route and shows the clyde vally floor from an elevated postion.

Anyway, thanks to all those that joined us, I think I speak for everyone, when I say that it was a most enjoyable evening and one which i think should continue given the later nights etc....

John's old 320 convertible certainly didn't disgrace itself through some of the twisty's.
Vikerin View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vikerin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2007 at 11:34
Originally posted by Webdunk Webdunk wrote:

So who actually remembered? Was a good run had?

Thanks for organizing this guys, it was a great night .

Excellent food, great company and a relaxing drive in the country, what more could you ask for .

Looking forward to the next one already

Stuart.

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2007 at 08:43
So who actually remembered? Was a good run had?
bluebro View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2007 at 21:06
Sorry i couldn't make it either, damn nightshift!

F22 Estoril Blue M235i
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic