Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEvening Run

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Evening Run
    Posted: 05-April-2007 at 09:11
Troops,

Shorty / Gary will be posting up shortly with some more info but for those of you in the Glasgow-ish area, Gary has recce'd a wee route for a midweek run.

The date chosen is the 16th of April. Numbers will be limited for the time being as this is the first time for a while that the region has experimented with runs.

Hopefully it will be a success and we can roll these out in other areas of the country where we have pockets of members - west coast, Stirling, the NE, etc.

Thanks to Shorty / Gary for sorting this out
Sponsored Links

Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2007 at 12:37

Great idea especially as the weather is lovely. I would love to attend an evening drive if its successfull and any of the Edinbuirgh crowd are interested.

Issy

vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2007 at 17:44

Cambell was on bout a mini meet and run at some point but he didn't say any more about it!? But I'd be up for that tho!!

Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2007 at 18:47
Sounds good to me , can someone PM me details and I can see if it is suitable for me , if I get in quick enough.
I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2007 at 21:11

I was thinking about one night next week for maybe a wee run over the Lammermuirs stop for pics with Cheviot in the background, through Duns and over towards Berwick for a bag of chips or something.

Hey what about if I maybe posted something on the forum for the Newcastle area and see if maybe they fancy a half way meet.

What do we think Edinburgers ??

shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2007 at 22:52

Ok Chaps & Chapett's !!! Here is the route that Gary has worked out :-

Strathhaven onto the B7086 for Kirkmuirhill , onto the A72 through Lanark to Carstairs , then right onto the A721 through Newbiggin until it crosses with the A702 , turn right towards Bigger , on through the village of Coulter , then onto Abington where there is a petrol Station if you require fuel.

We would then head North on the B7078 (the old A74 ) through Douglas & on towards Kirkmuirhill then back onto the B7086 back to Strathhaven .

It has also been arranged for a stop at the Beautiful "Waterside Inn " either before or after the run for a wee chat & a bite to eat . As Dunc has pointed out "this is not a race " therefore "Safe Driving " is of utmost importance  . Numbers will be limited to 10-12 cars but you can bring along passengers as you need !

The date as posted is 16th April ( time to be determined ) If this is your "bag" please post here a.s.a.p as we need to contact the Waterside Inn with numbers . Also as said if this is a success then other mid - week runs to various locations will be organized through the Summer months.

Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-April-2007 at 23:49
Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

I was thinking about one night next week for maybe a wee run over the Lammermuirs stop for pics with Cheviot in the background, through Duns and over towards Berwick for a bag of chips or something.

Hey what about if I maybe posted something on the forum for the Newcastle area and see if maybe they fancy a half way meet.

What do we think Edinburgers ??

Great idea im up for that its a lovely run especially now its not getting dak till about 9!

Issy 

muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2007 at 08:58
Yes , put me down ........ I mean count me in

Edited by muppet 2
I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-April-2007 at 13:35
Put my name down Shorty and I'll speak to mikey about food and a time.

What time do we want to start at?
Vikerin View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vikerin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2007 at 10:07
Sounds like a great idea guys Can you put my name down for this too please.

John and my sis would like to come in the E30 too if there's room for another car, if not they'll both be in mine.

Thanks,

Stuart.

Edited by Vikerin
mramage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-April-2007 at 15:16

So long as it's not too early (i.e. before about 6-6:30PM) I should be able to make it.

gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2007 at 16:06
Meeting at The Waterside Inn Strathaven at 7pm heading off about 7:30pm and hopefully be back at the waterside for about 8:30pm.

My mate has said he will put on a wee something for us for £5 ahead. i'll find out more nearer the time.

I need numbers for firday
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2007 at 19:39
Gaz I don't remeber  much parking near the Waterside , any suggestions or is it a free for all

mramage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2007 at 22:48

Excellent, put me down. I'm a fussy git on food though

gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-April-2007 at 18:25
Muppet I think after 6 its free on the main St

GAry
Muppet
Mramage
Vikern
John
Alan?
Boyd?

Edited by gary
shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-April-2007 at 16:15
For those with sat nav address is :- Waterside Inn , 31 , Waterside Road , Strathaven , ML10 6AW .
alanross View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-April-2007 at 19:58
Originally posted by gary gary wrote:

My mate has said he will put on a wee something for us for £5 ahead. i'll find out more nearer the time.

Being Gary's mate I dread to think what he means by 'putting on a wee something'!! 

Stick me down for this, as long as work goes smoothly that day i'll be there.  Cheers.

Alan.
m3Cecotto View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3Cecotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-April-2007 at 21:18
Though I'm firmly in support of meetings on other than a Sunday, I doubt if I'll make it.  It depends on work, if I'm there, I'm there.  I'm only 10 minutes away from the Waterside

Just a note for those planning to go through East Kilbride.  Don't.  The East Kilbride - Strathaven (A726 I think) road is closed about Chapelton.
The official diversion - through Hamilton - is  pants.  The unofficial diversion is superb roads, but takes about 15 minutes.  After the Torrance Roundabout, turn first right into the small country road, follow that to a T Junction.  Turn right. Follow the road through Leaburn and pick up the signs for Darvel or Strathaven, turning left - there's a few options that get you to the same place.  Up and over the hills and on hitting the main road turn left for Strathaven.  You can turn left earlier - when it seems you are about 2 thirds of the way back down the hill and it gets you into Strathaven.

Enjoy.

1981 E23 735i
1989 E30 325i Motorsport Cabrio
1989 E24 635CSi Motorsport Edition

Bavarian Retro Cars
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-April-2007 at 07:26
Cool hope youy guys can make it
Welshy View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Welshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-April-2007 at 16:55
I'll join you guys as well.
BMW 330 Ci
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic