Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe run for chips pics and story

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The run for chips pics and story
    Posted: 12-April-2007 at 17:58

Well, Both Issy and I arrived at the pre-determined departure location for our run to Berwick for chips. Both cars sparkling after having enjoyed a clean and blow dry down the A1.

Come time to leave, and we were the only particicpants so a choice was made to dump one of the cars and go in the other one, so Issys Coupe was left at my house. (only cos I had more petrol)

We left my house and went towards the Lammermuir hills and through Gifford.

The scenery was lovely

Time for gratuitous car shots

You can see The Bass Rock at North Berwick and Traprain Law at East Linton behind the car here. We are about 1300 feet above sea level

As I said nice scenery and a cracking night, neither Issy nor I had seen this wind farm before

As there was only 2 of us and in the same car, we decided to deviate from the planned route and not head over the Longformacus / Duns route and head past the Whiteadder reservoir.

We did think about taking some more car shots against the reservoir but this blooming huge midgie wouldn't let us out the car, the place was swarming with them.

The road got a bit more bumpy but still very picturesque.

Heres the wind farm from the other side of the hill and sun going down behind it

The race is on now cos its 8:15 and we're both starving

But we had to stop and show you guys the only other BMW we saw between Edinburgh and Eyemouth (where we decided to go for the chips)

Its starting to get dark as we got to Eyemouth. We chose to go there cos it has a sit in chippy. I parked up next to a new 535i at Eyemouth harbour, I didn't take any pics of that cos, well, I didn't know who'se it was. He could've been huge and hurt me !!

Anyway, we got into the chippy at 8:33pm only to be told that they stopped serving at 8:30pm. Were we happy, no we bloomin weren't,we were starving. It was decided that we'd take a quick blast up the A1 to my house again and get a bite to eat from my local chippy, which is no bad thing, its a good one, that and the fact I had loads of ice cold Grolsch in the fridge.

Issy took all of the pics on the trip and I think the poor girl must've been starving. Here's a picture of Torness nuclear power station. Dunno if she's hungry or its a bumply road.

All in all it was a fun evening even though the turnout was poor, the trip was a hoot and the Grolsch even better. Maybe a Sunday afternoon jaunt may be a better idea to get more people to come along. Maybe next time eh ??  

Edited by Cambell
Sponsored Links

Bigian View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2007 at 18:09
Cracking pics even with Issy with the starvation shakes
If you can't be good don't get caught
--------------------------
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2007 at 18:23
nice pic's, and the motor's looking good  
2003-530i SE
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2007 at 18:25

It was really a lovely night and the views were stunning from up there. But best of all................the chips when we eventually got them!!! 

Good thread Cambell

Rossi View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2007 at 20:41

I'm working down there near the windfarm atm, nice scenery down there..I also really like this pic of your car Cambell, she looks better every time I see her.  ..almost looks black but, very shiney

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2007 at 21:37

Thanks mate, you're very kind !

The car had a quick wash an hour and a bit earlier but was still showing signs of a re wax required. As it was a nice day today that's exactly what I did. Maguires Gold Class finishing wax and she's gleaming again !! 

Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2007 at 21:46

Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

Thanks mate, you're very kind !

nah, just honest

Another weekday run planned soon?

alun View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-April-2007 at 22:31
Yep, the cars lookin good in the photo rossi mentioned cambell! :-) the black grill looks great... really mean looking.        
vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-April-2007 at 09:46

The wee run looked ace Cambell, sorry I couldn't make it, couldn't change my shifts!!

Ace pics, looked banter!!lol

Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
East Anglia BMWCC Regional Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-April-2007 at 12:18

Car looks good cambell - and excellent choice of wheel

Paul

95 E34 530i V8 Auto Maldives Blue
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-April-2007 at 15:27
Excellent phots mate. Pity the turnout was a bit light though
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-April-2007 at 16:44
nice pics, good chippy in eye mouth too.
I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic