Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedwestender’s meet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: westender’s meet
    Posted: 21-April-2007 at 22:28

who's up for a meet within the west end of scotland?

not a nice drive in the country type meet, just a park up in a car-park meet (with a McD's or KFC in sight) just so we can .... ehh! meet each other and know who we are talking to on the forum and maybe even have a look over each other's car's  over a cuppa coffee? 

ive met a few folk but no-where near the amount that use this site (from the west)

if anyone's interested please post here and we'll see what we can arrange

i'm free, most night's and sunday afternoon's

2003-530i SE
Sponsored Links

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2007 at 23:21
Originally posted by 523 iAN 523 iAN wrote:

who's up for a meet within the west end of scotland?

not a nice drive in the country type meet, just a park up in a car-park meet (with a McD's or KFC in sight) just so we can .... ehh! meet each other and know who we are talking to on the forum and maybe even have a look over each other's car's  over a cuppa coffee? 

ive met a few folk but no-where near the amount that use this site (from the west)

if anyone's interested please post here and we'll see what we can arrange

i'm free, most night's and sunday afternoon's

Troon on the 6th is West enough?

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2007 at 10:20
name the date and i'll be there( as long as am no working )
NOISUFNOC View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOISUFNOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2007 at 11:50
What about Loch Lomond shores matey, loads of car park space, nice scenery and a Mcds and a chinese close by
528 for now
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2007 at 12:32

yip Loch Lomond shore's has plenty of room, and if folk want a wee trip we could meet there and then take a trip along loch Lomond and cut of and go (slightly) cross country over the "old hall road" which was purpose build for army lorry's carry'n war head's trident/faslane & coulport (abit like a roller coaster road for car's) there's a good big car park half way across it with amazing veiw's of the clyde valley then from there we could go in to helensburgh which is full of quality chip shop's and chinese places and more than enough car park's  

as there is a monthly meet already planned for Troon 6th may then maybe this could be a sort of in between monthly meet? maybe set this up for either sunday 13th or 20th May?

Edited by 523 iAN
2003-530i SE
shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2007 at 12:46

yip Loch Lomond shore's has plenty of room, and if folk want a wee trip we could meet there and then take a trip along loch Lomond and cut of and go (slightly) cross country over the "old hall road" which was purpose build for army lorry's carry'n war head's trident/faslane & coulport (abit like a roller coaster road for car's) there's a good big car park half way across it with amazing veiw's of the clyde valley then from there we could go in to helensburgh which is full of quality chip shop's and chinese places and more than enough car park's  

as there is a monthly meet already planned for Troon 6th may then maybe this could be a sort of in between monthly meet? maybe set this up for either sunday 13th or 20th May?

Hi Ian just give me a wee shout if you want it put in the "Meet Diary" ? All i need is the time & date

gav m coupe View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gav m coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2007 at 13:20
Originally posted by NOISUFNOC NOISUFNOC wrote:

What about Loch Lomond shores matey, loads of car park space, nice scenery and a Mcds and a chinese close by
Loch Lomond's a good shout, The A82 is one of my favourite roads to drive, with loads of spots for photo opportunities.
bluebro View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2007 at 13:58
I'd be up for a wee run Lomondside.

F22 Estoril Blue M235i
invisible_kid69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote invisible_kid69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2007 at 17:38
i'd be up for this aswell since it aint 2 far from me
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2007 at 18:03

can we pencil something in for May 13th?

if this is OK with folk i'll type out a meet point and a wee tour .... taking in some of Loch Lomond and maybe Luss (stop of for a cuppa T?) then across the military road in to Helensburgh? nothing to "out the way" just a 15-20 mile drive with decent photo taking areas and like ive said above i think stopping in Helensburgh for a good chat a nosey and if folk want there's place's for eat's  then back across to the origonal meet point where folk can find there way back home from?

like i said not a lot of mile's will be covered between leaving and returning to the meet point but good veiw's and good road's and good company to be had  and i'm sure it'll be a long enough time for folk travelling from other area's .. not to mention all the chit-chat that might come about

PS, if folk want we could also head in to Arrochar and travel back to Helensburgh along Loch Long ....  not a great road though for low car's..

Edited by 523 iAN
2003-530i SE
tong328icab View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tong328icab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2007 at 22:04
i d be up for this too as i seem to be working every time a meet comes round
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2007 at 22:43

SHORTY: if all's well with other's you might beable to use this date & route

OK folk's how's this look?

Sunday May 13th

meet point: Balloch Loch Lomond Shore's (outlet's car park)

Time: 1pm

have a meet N greet and then leave for 1.30-1.45

travel 10 mile's to Luss  (large car park with a T-room/carry out) where folk can have a cuppa and a natter.

leave Luss and double back toward's Balloch for 2 mile's then take the millitary road which lead's to Faslane/Garelochead (8 miles) stop of at a car park with a veiw (i know which one) camera's at hand  (or travel a further 2 mile's to a picnic spot with a veiw at the top end of Garelochead, whistlefeild) then from here head in to Helensburgh (6 miles, passing the peace camper's) for food, ice cream, refreshment? have a natter (a walk along the peir ) and a look round folk's car's

then from Helensburgh go back across to the meet point/Balloch (8 mile's)

maybe not thee best but all in about a 30 mile round trip (excluding your get there/get home mile's) on good smooth road's .. which will have the odd visitor from other countries and the odd police car .. with a couple of stop off's (if wanted?) for pic's, food and banter  

(if needed balloch, luss  and helensburgh all have fuel station's)

if this is a go'er and it work's well and if folk want maybe we could do a longer run in the summer, maybe a trip to invarary or Oban?

please add your thought's to this wee outing so we can get it posted in the event's area,

thank's

this pic was taken at the "car park with a veiw" ... a while back, when my E39 had it's 4X4 look!

Edited by 523 iAN
2003-530i SE
stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-April-2007 at 23:21
count me in this one Ian,

can't miss a wee run on my doorstep and into the bargain that military road is a hoot, was up there last weekend being harassed by a couple of sports bikes

stevie
///2000 E39 M5 Imola Red/// NO MORE

una volta lei ha avuto l'italiano lei non andrà mai tedesco di nuovo haha
kev106 View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kev106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2007 at 21:18
i'll be up for that deffo.
dont supose anybody has the post code for Balloch Loch Lomond Shore's.

as i'm not 100% on the other side of glasgow, & would use the AA auto route.

cheers

looking forward to it
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2007 at 21:49

Originally posted by kev106 kev106 wrote:

i'll be up for that deffo.
dont supose anybody has the post code for Balloch Loch Lomond Shore's.

looking forward to it

try here: http://www.lochlomondshores.com/openingtimes.asp

2003-530i SE
kev106 View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kev106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2007 at 22:01
cheers buddy

shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2007 at 23:52

SHORTY: if all's well with other's you might beable to use this date & route

OK folk's how's this look?

Sunday May 13th

meet point: Balloch Loch Lomond Shore's (outlet's car park)

Time: 1pm

have a meet N greet and then leave for 1.30-1.45

travel 10 mile's to Luss  (large car park with a T-room/carry out) where folk can have a cuppa and a natter.

leave Luss and double back toward's Balloch for 2 mile's then take the millitary road which lead's to Faslane/Garelochead (8 miles) stop of at a car park with a veiw (i know which one) camera's at hand  (or travel a further 2 mile's to a picnic spot with a veiw at the top end of Garelochead, whistlefeild) then from here head in to Helensburgh (6 miles, passing the peace camper's) for food, ice cream, refreshment? have a natter (a walk along the peir ) and a look round folk's car's

then from Helensburgh go back across to the meet point/Balloch (8 mile's)

maybe not thee best but all in about a 30 mile round trip (excluding your get there/get home mile's) on good smooth road's .. which will have the odd visitor from other countries and the odd police car .. with a couple of stop off's (if wanted?) for pic's, food and banter  

(if needed balloch, luss  and helensburgh all have fuel station's)

if this is a go'er and it work's well and if folk want maybe we could do a longer run in the summer, maybe a trip to invarary or Oban?

please add your thought's to this wee outing so we can get it posted in the event's area,

thank's

this pic was taken at the "car park with a veiw" ... a while back, when my E39 had it's 4X4 look!

Ian :-Sunday 13th May is now in "the book "  

Edited by shorty
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-April-2007 at 00:08
 cheer's Shorty
2003-530i SE
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-April-2007 at 09:01
Have added it to the website too - Events Page
alun View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-April-2007 at 10:29
Originally posted by stevie53 stevie53 wrote:

count me in this one Ian,

can't miss a wee run on my doorstep and into the bargain that military road is a hoot, was up there last weekend being harassed by a couple of sports bikes

stevie

hehe, did you win?         
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic