Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Scottish Region Nurburgring Trip: 26th - 30th June 2008
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedScottish Region Nurburgring Trip: 26th - 30th June 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sailorbaz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
(Former) Scottish Region Wean

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sailorbaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2008 at 21:57

Now we're talking. Car a bit quieter now since I put the standard middle box on, still loud right enough, according to the neighbours.

E-mail sent Steve, myself and possibly one! yay!

My Car

2004 M3 CSL and 2009 E90 M3
Sponsored Links

Steve Gill View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2008 at 19:55

Originally posted by mark csl mark csl wrote:

Hi steve
I might be up for July but i cant go june as i am in florida for the month
are you driveing over or is your CSL over there ??

Mark

My CSL is over there Mark, but I'll be there in July as well for sure - not sure exactly what weekends though. Shame that you can't make June though

mark csl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark csl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2008 at 19:27
Hi steve
I might be up for July but i cant go june as i am in florida for the month
are you driveing over or is your CSL over there ??

Mark
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2008 at 13:59

Update: if you come on your own with your car, but share a room with someone else in the same position, its £245 instead of £389!

I've updated the first page.

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2008 at 13:42

I've edited the first post on this topic, please have a look

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2008 at 13:23

Originally posted by Webdunk Webdunk wrote:

Originally posted by Steve Gill Steve Gill wrote:

Baz - as long as you dont rev the nuts off the CSL coming up to the barriers, you'll be fine. An average of about 5 or 6 CSLs there every weekend and I've never heard of a CSL getting kicked off.

ROFL You've never heard Baz's CSL with mods have you..?

Admittedly not  but as long as he keeps it quiet coming up to the barriers (where the marshalls stand) and just beyond it, he'll be fine  If he is noise tested tell them it only revs to 7000 that'll ensure you're under

You coming Dunc, with car or as a pax?

Edited by Steve Gill
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2008 at 13:09
Originally posted by Steve Gill Steve Gill wrote:

Baz - as long as you dont rev the nuts off the CSL coming up to the barriers, you'll be fine. An average of about 5 or 6 CSLs there every weekend and I've never heard of a CSL getting kicked off.

ROFL You've never heard Baz's CSL with mods have you..?
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2008 at 13:07
Originally posted by sailorbaz sailorbaz wrote:

Oh dear, can't believe I am doing this but I 'might' be up for this once I checked with her indoors. Are there any noise restrictions at the 'Ring?

As above really, how do I get pennies to you Steve?

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2008 at 13:04

A bit more information.

The £389 is for a twin bunk on the ferry, and a twin room in the hotel.

If 1 person goes in a car, and they want their own twin berth on the ferry and their own room in the hotel its £389.

If 2 people are in a car, they share the twin berth and share the twin (or double if required) room at the hotel, meaning the £389 is shared which is £194.50 per person.

3 people in a car is slightly more expensive, because the 4 berth rooms on the ferry are expensive, and an extra hotel room is required. The total becomes £699, which is £233 per person.

4 people in a car is the cheapest, all 4 share a 4 person berth and get 2 twin rooms in the hotel - still £699 which is £174.75 per person.

I will ask the price for 2 cars with 1 person in each car, sharing a twin berth and twin room. I expect the £389 per car will then come down, obviously not as much as the 2 person in 1 car price because you still need to pay for the 2 cars on the ferry.

Can you also quote SCOTBMW in the group code box when you get the booking form - keeps us all together on the same ferry :)

I'll be taking the 320d on this trip, I'm guessing we'll meet somewhere central Scotland wise and convoy down to Hull. The CSL will be out there already, everyone is obviously more than welcome to as many passenger laps as you like in the CSL, although I intend for the 320d to earn its ring sticker as well

MrBroon View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrBroon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2008 at 00:33

E-mail duly sent mate for Mish and Me :-)

Jim.

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-April-2008 at 00:00

Thanks for all your hard work with this Steve

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-April-2008 at 22:55

Love n kisses back Jim, but I didn't think we were going public incase Gary got upset?

OK, please can everyone email Darren from Ringweekends on info@ringweekends.co.uk, stating that you're attending the BMW Car Club Scottish Region Event, and give your name, mobile number, car and car registration number. He'll then send you an invoice from paypal, he will ask for cheques if possible, but you can also pay using a link in the invoice.

Post here once done  (btw the ferry is a bunkbed for the night)

Remember this trip is going ahead regardless of numbers, so we might have 3 cars or we might have 15, either way whoever goes will have a fantastic time I can assure you. I'll ask Darren about the costs for a 3rd and 4th person in the car right now

MrBroon View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrBroon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-April-2008 at 17:58
any update Steve. Really looking forward to this now and need to know if
its on to get the car prepped.

Love an kisses ;)
graham325isport View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graham325isport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-March-2008 at 12:40
Originally posted by sailorbaz sailorbaz wrote:

Oh dear, can't believe I am doing this but I 'might' be up for this once I checked with her indoors. Are there any noise restrictions at the 'Ring?

Yes and they are being pretty strict at the minute.
95db is the limit
E60 M5 Silver Grey

<
sailorbaz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
(Former) Scottish Region Wean

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sailorbaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-March-2008 at 17:33

My Car

2004 M3 CSL and 2009 E90 M3
alex morris View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex morris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-March-2008 at 20:36

hi stevie alex from aberdeen would like to go on that dates

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2008 at 12:16
Will get some answers tonight guys
MrBroon View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrBroon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-March-2008 at 15:59
Might be
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-March-2008 at 20:07
Might be cool then
MrBroon View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrBroon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-March-2008 at 20:57

Might be a 330Cd, might be getting it chipped, might be getting some AP action up front ;-)

All will be revealed in the fullness of time!!!!

Love and kisses

The bald eagle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic