Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > General Motors
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Difference between pre-facelift and facelift 7 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDifference between pre-facelift and facelift 7 Series

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Starting a Collection

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeemaBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Difference between pre-facelift and facelift 7 Series
    Posted: 22-May-2007 at 11:19

Hi All

As the subject says, what are the differences between a 1999 Pre-Facelift E38 and a 2000 Facelift E38?

It looks to me like all they changed were the exterior lights? Can anyone add anything more?

Many Thanks

BB

87 E30 320I
95 E34 525I Auto, Executive Package, Arctic Silver
98 E38 740I Steptronic, Silver
Sponsored Links

Jack735 View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2007 at 17:59

Chatting to chums on another site about this and the consensus is there was never a single date when the E38 was face-lifted, things started happening in Sept '98 when Vanos was added.....after that, the lights were updated (along with the front wings), illuminated door handles (outer) followed by the inner handles etc etc........

Full thread about the upgrading of the E38 can be found here;

http://www.the7seriesregister.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtop ic=7735&hl=

If you're reading this cheers Timm!

Oooh, The machine of a dream, such a clean machine With the pistons a pumpin', and the alloys all gleam, When I'm holding your wheel, All I hear is your gear, With my hand on your grease gun, Mmm it's like a disease son, I'm in love with my car, gotta feel for my automobile, Get a grip on my .......
BeemaBoy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Starting a Collection

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeemaBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2007 at 08:20

Cannot seem to get into this website???

I found another one...

http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/17971

Is this at all accurate? They have a nice pic of the last E38 to role of the production line too...

Seems that if I want the car without the scalloped headlights, I will have to buy one that is no newer than mid 1999...

I should be able to get all the stuff I want aslong as I hold out for one that had all the optional extras fitted? That seems to be the main difference...the later cars have everything as standard that was optional on the earlier cars?

BB

87 E30 320I
95 E34 525I Auto, Executive Package, Arctic Silver
98 E38 740I Steptronic, Silver
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic