Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 3 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedYour thoughts please!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sj wales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your thoughts please!
    Posted: 26-May-2007 at 20:34
Hi im currently looking at 320td es on a 54 plate with 63000 miles. he wants 9900 for it , just wondering if theres plenty of life left in it and wether its a good buy or not any comments appreciated many thanks!
Sponsored Links

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2007 at 20:46

Anything (just about) with 63,000 miles on it has plenty of life left.

I'm not keen on that engine though, it sounds like a taxi.

Best Wishes

Nigel

fozzymandeus View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fozzymandeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2007 at 20:49
It'll lose value fairly quickly IMO, but it'll be a nice car.
Beating around the bush.
sj wales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sj wales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2007 at 21:06
lose value !!! think i should leave it then ?
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2007 at 00:18
There are always better cars round the corner, usually you find them after you've shelled out. Like anything really - there's always something better. Do a search on autotrader, I have always done a full nationwide search as I believe a decent car is worth travelling for - after all you'll have it for many years hopefully so a couple of hundred miles is nothing. to look for one. Besides, you'll enjoy the drive back
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
sj wales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sj wales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2007 at 12:35

thanks for the replies but , no-one has yet commited to saying wether its a good buy or not !!

The blue bullet View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
Surfs Up!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The blue bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2007 at 13:04

Hi SJ,

Welcome along. Having recently bought a 2003 320d I can tell you how I have found it. Assuming of course that they have the same 1995cc 150bhp diesel engine.

Mine, even with 72k on it is very smooth and buckets of power. It's right at home on the motorway and will cruse at 80mph with the engine just ticking over. It is excellent on the juice also, getting around 40mpg with a lot of town driving and short runs. In short, great car, built like a tank, goes like a bullet and is great fun in general.

Only thing to watch out for is the turbo, very expensive to replace and could be a concern on older models but a 2004 should be fine.

Highly recomended!!!

sj wales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sj wales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2007 at 17:44
Thanks for the advice guys , been to see it and well in short it was shagged , and try to give me an absolutely stupid part ex price for the mrs 307 pug , and this was a so called `respected` dealer in south wales !!! yeah right!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic