Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 6 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedwhat do you all think?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3.0csl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what do you all think?
    Posted: 27-May-2007 at 17:15

I have put my m6 up for auction on ebay. It is a 1985 chrome bumpered car and this guy comes on asking why the rear spoiler is incorre3ct and not the later two part one. I told him it was the correct spoiler for a chrome bumpered car and the reply i got is below.

'actually the spoiler is definetely incorrect.
it should be larger and have a body colour panel on it for ALL m635csi's - similar in design to the m535i and tech 1 325i sport of the same age.

this can be confirmed on realoem

further to this the highlines arent that much heavier, its more down to options chosen (especially extended leather) they do however have less power due to the engines being universally cat ready for all markets.

hope this information helps'

Rohan Murphy

3.0 csl 2285146
3.0 csl 2275522
Sponsored Links

fozzymandeus View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fozzymandeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2007 at 17:30
Does he want to buy the car?

If not then his opinions are just his opinions...
Beating around the bush.
bmw1066 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
GOOD OLD E23

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmw1066 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2007 at 17:40
Sounds like a snob, I have seen another m6 with the same rear spoyler and the Highlins are a lot hever look at all that plastic thay have to carry around? Good luck if its the red one she look good
Mark 735 se 1982
RED BARON A E23 is for life not just for x-mas
BMW e34 530 v8 Sport kit
Spelling always Bad
Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2007 at 18:02

The first few M635CSis (chrome-bumpered) had the same all-rubber one-piece boot spoiler as mine, Rohan, so your eBay know-it-all is unfortunately ill-informed. A pic of the engine bay should silence him.

I take it the dog is not included in the auction.

Edited by Horsetan

Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coasting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2007 at 19:06

Why do these people bother?  Annoys the hell out of me.  All the time in the world to waste other peoples time and their own, but probably no inclination or intention to seriously enquire or actually have the the money to buy it.

Tell him to, well, you know what.

Now with FREE HPI CHECK and FREE GLASSES GUIDE VALUATIONS for all members!

m3Cecotto View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3Cecotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2007 at 22:18
Originally posted by bmw1066 bmw1066 wrote:

Sounds like a snob...

No, he sounds like a knob.

The duck spoiler is correct for an early M635. e.g. here
and here.

Certainly later chrome cars had the Highline 2 part spoiler - it wasn't exclusive to the Highline cars

Extended leather wasn't an option for the Highlines - it was standard.

The kerb weight of the '84 - '88 MY cars was 1505 kg, the herb weight of the '88 MY on cars was 1570 kg - just the 65 kgs (or an Ivan or thereabouts) extra.

Point out how to spell "definitely" as well.

Don't let these idiots away with it.  Nice car.  Hope it sells well for you.

Edited by m3Cecotto
1981 E23 735i
1989 E30 325i Motorsport Cabrio
1989 E24 635CSi Motorsport Edition

Bavarian Retro Cars
Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2007 at 22:42

Originally posted by m3Cecotto m3Cecotto wrote:

....65 kgs (or an Ivan or thereabouts)...

I need to lose about 5 kgs of that by September....

3.0csl View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3.0csl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2007 at 00:43

Well lads, I directed him to this thread. I do find it amazing though how often on ebay people come on there trying to 'inform' you about your item!

I plan to add an engine bay shot as I have had a few requests for one.

Kills me to sell her but I will no doubt be back in the e24 fold once circumstances allow.

Thanks for the replies.

Rohan Murphy

3.0 csl 2285146
3.0 csl 2275522
AndyS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
The Last of the Few

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2007 at 00:52
Originally posted by bmw1066 bmw1066 wrote:

Sounds like a snob, I have seen another m6 with the same rear spoyler and the Highlins are a lot hever look at all that plastic thay have to carry around? Good luck if its the red one she look good

I think you'll find the "all that plastic" is quite light, it's the electric seat motors & bumpers that actually work that add the weight. Even so, they are only a passengers weight heavier. The standard CSI has a whole 2bhp more to compensate (+ another 11bhp with a re-chip!) so it's still a head!

The M635 did lose quite a bit of power with a "Kat" fitted - power was down from 286bhp to 258bhp (or thereabouts). Don't know that many UK cars had a cat but I may be wrong . . .

As far as the anorak's concerned, he shouldn't believe everything he's read in a book as I've seen plenty of contradictory stuff bandied about as gospel.
AndyS
Live each day as if it's your last - one day it will be.

Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2007 at 12:53

Originally posted by 3.0csl 3.0csl wrote:

....Kills me to sell her...

Not at £2750 you won't!

Edited by Horsetan

bmw1066 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
GOOD OLD E23

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmw1066 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2007 at 23:11

Yes I fogot about the seats god there hevey old things dun my back many a time with e23 ones on my rebild, seet in seet out seet in seet out but worth it just to play with the buttons when its all working.

Red is the best coler for a BM 

Mark 735 se 1982
RED BARON A E23 is for life not just for x-mas
BMW e34 530 v8 Sport kit
Spelling always Bad
3.0csl View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3.0csl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-June-2007 at 09:50

Well I'm sad to say the m6 is gone. Sold to a gent from Dover. He has owned various uber coupes in the past and plans to put new wings on and pain the m6. I will continue to hang around and one day in the future when circumstances allow I will be back behind the wheel of an m6!

Rohan Murphy

3.0 csl 2285146
3.0 csl 2275522
Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-June-2007 at 23:25
Originally posted by 3.0csl 3.0csl wrote:

Well I'm sad to say the m6 is gone. Sold to a gent from Dover. He ....plans to put new wings on....

He'll have to. The salt-laden air of Dover will have extra-special corrosive effects.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic