Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > Alpina, AC Schnitzer, Breyton, etc.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSchnitzer F2 Turbo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Schnitzer F2 Turbo
    Posted: 09-June-2007 at 06:49
Does anybody know if the tuning firm Schnitzer ever made a 1400 cc Turbo engine for use in Formula 2? I recently came across a reference to this, when I was looking in relation to BMW touring car racing in the seventies, but had never heard of it before and cannot find any other info on it.

Can anybody help?
Gus van Riessen.

A Batmobile is for life...
Sponsored Links

maxfield View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-June-2007 at 14:01
Not sure if it was Schnitzer but there was a 1500hp engine used for racing, based on the M10 block.
30CSL View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30CSL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-June-2007 at 21:13
Thanks for your reply, but I believe that that was the Brabham BMW Formula 1 car in the 1980's, that was 1500 cc with 1500 bhp. I get the impression that this Schnitzer one is much earlier. Mid- to late 70's. Any idea's anybody?
Gus van Riessen.

A Batmobile is for life...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic