Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > North East Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnother Newbie From Teesside

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Newbie From Teesside
    Posted: 12-June-2007 at 13:36

Hi All,

Just a quick post to introduce myself. My name is David (as you can probably tell from my username) and live in Teesside. I have owned my '99 Black M Coupe for nearly just over a year now..........and in the words of Ronald: I'm Lovin' It.

Its my first BMW after owning various other cars from MK1 Golf GTI's and Alfa's all the way down to a little C Reg 1.1 Fissy Pop. (last car before my Coupe).

I have noticed that a fellow M Coupe owner is member here also. Hi Petecossie.

Anyway,I'll get back to reading through some old post.

Hopefully see you guys at a meet sometime especially since there seems to be plenty of local ones to choose from.

Cheers

David

Sponsored Links

AndyS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
The Last of the Few

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-June-2007 at 20:17
Welcome to the Bavarian Board.

There are indeed meets in the area. BMW Club NE meet on the first Wednesday of the month at the Lakeside just off the A19 & A1. See our website below for more details.

Our next event is this Sunday with a run up to Cragside in Rothbury. Again, details on the website & posted on this forum.

One of our members (from Teeside) has a black M Coupe too.

Come along & we'll be pleased to meet you.

AndyS
Live each day as if it's your last - one day it will be.

E46ACS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E46ACS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-June-2007 at 21:54
Welcome on to the board....!!!
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavours last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
E46ACS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E46ACS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-June-2007 at 21:59
Originally posted by David1975 David1975 wrote:

I have owned my '99 Black M Coupe for nearly just over a year now..........and in the words of Ronald: I'm Lovin' It.

Let me be the first to say........

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavours last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
David1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-June-2007 at 08:33
Originally posted by E46ACS E46ACS wrote:

I have owned my '99 Black M Coupe for nearly just over a year now..........and in the words of Ronald: I'm Lovin' It.

Let me be the first to say........

Sorry mate,

I have some photos on my computer at home but have always been unable to upload them on other forums due to the file size. As you can tell, i am totally computer illiterate. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

I know Petecossie who has a Black M Coupe in Teesside. He was very helpful when i was looking for mine. He met me at a local service station and let me had a good look around his car, pointed out problem area's to look out for and even took me out for a spin in it.

Will check out the forum and website regarding this sundays run but I'm off to portugal for a couple of weeks on the 19th so this weekend may be a little hectic.

Thanks for the warm welcome and i'll hopefully get some photo's very soon.

Cheers Guys

David

PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
East Anglia BMWCC Regional Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-June-2007 at 09:27

David,

I have the same problem with my new digital camera as it's 6mp and as a consequence I upload my pics onto www.photobucket.com which is free to register to. Once uploaded, you can then click on each picture and hit the re-size menu and set for message board which will reduce them to the correct size for forum use! Then its a case of clicking on the link underneath the pic, which automatically copies the link and then paste it into your post. Then job done!

Welcome to the forum!

Paul

Edited by e34silver530i

95 E34 530i V8 Auto Maldives Blue
David1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-June-2007 at 10:32

E34silver530i: Thanks for the advice mate, I'll check out photobucket.com as soon as i get chance.

Regards

David

AndyS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
The Last of the Few

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-June-2007 at 21:42

I know Petecossie

He's the member I mentioned.

I'm assuming you have Windows XP - if you hover the cursor over the picture file in Explorer it will give you the size, eg. 2048 x ???. You can resize using any photoshop type program. For forum posting 600 x ??? will be enough. Use "Save as" when saving to keep the original pic.

You will still need to host somewhere until you have passed a certain number of posts when you can upload direct from your pc.

AndyS
Live each day as if it's your last - one day it will be.

PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
East Anglia BMWCC Regional Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2007 at 09:25

No probs David!

Paul

95 E34 530i V8 Auto Maldives Blue
David1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2007 at 16:10

Ok Guys,

Finally got this resizing thing sorted :dunce:

Anyway, here are a few photos of my car.

Thanks for the tips re:photobucket.

David

graham325isport View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graham325isport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2007 at 21:10
Wow! you must be very proud bud
E60 M5 Silver Grey

<
petecossie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petecossie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2007 at 22:31

Hi Dave,

Just posted message earlier this evening on Z3M coupe forum regarding the pics of the MC.  Looks brilliant and puts mine to shame really.  Amazing what a bit of polishing will do for the finish to a car.

I won't be available for the 4th July Lakeside meeting but if you fancy going to the 1st August meeting let me know we can have a blat up the A19, maybe even grab marklambo, rageover etc for a mini meet.

Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe, Cosmos Black
Previous E28 528i Alpina, E28 M5 & M635
David1975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2007 at 11:04

Petecossie,

Read your post on Z3MCOUPE. 1st of August Sounds good to me. I'll mention it to EVER88 too. Off on holiday tomorrow for two weeks in the sun...cant wait.

I'll try and remember to pass on the valleters No. before i go but as you can guess, running round like a headless chicken today with a million things to do before i go.

Thanks again.

Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coasting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2007 at 16:06
That's a very nicely kept M Coupe indeed, by the look of those photo's.

Now with FREE HPI CHECK and FREE GLASSES GUIDE VALUATIONS for all members!

falkster View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote falkster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2007 at 19:14

Welcome mate!

Nice M coupe....especially in that colour!

Z3M Roadster (gone....just...but not forgotten...yet)
E30 M3 (Toy)
Alfa 147 (just gone)
BMW 330d (new work horse)
Daimler Double 6 (no idea yet)
Carpetbagger View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
BMW the road is not enough

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carpetbagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2007 at 19:56
 Hi David  nice car , I live in Middlesbrough  and regulary go to Lakeside meetings   my BMs a little older than your  .

Regards Alan 

Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2007 at 20:01

Welcome to the forum david 

stunning M coupe! congratulations..

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic