Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
28 [87.50%]
1 [3.13%]
3 [9.38%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bodyguarduk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-July-2007 at 23:15

How about Harrogate where the Great Yorkshire Show is held its one hell of a size plenty of parking, plenty of b&bs & hotels not forgeting PUBS  see link

http://www.bctf.co.uk/pdf/map.pdf

May be worth seeing if they can help how much they will charge ect and take it from there. Surely people would pay a little fee to get together for a few days  .

Sponsored Links

523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2007 at 23:37

Kendal

looks most central for most, inc: the guys coming over from Ireland

i'd be up for this to with enough notice  

2003-530i SE
mikw View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Short by about 148 bhp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2007 at 11:10
Originally posted by 523 iAN 523 iAN wrote:

Kendal

looks most central for most, inc: the guys coming over from Ireland

i'd be up for this to with enough notice  

Kendal sounds good Ian, some great roads down there, eg A595...travel there quite often to see family.

Michael.

'06 C220 Sport - '88 E30 325i Convertible

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-September-2007 at 11:55

I'm happy with Kendal or York to be honest,

Are we looking to stay over ??

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-September-2007 at 13:31
Coupla thoughts :

Why not see if you can piggyback onto an existing meet or show?

See if you can get regional reps to organise runs which could then meet at the central location?

Possibly stay away from more populated tourist areas to minimise cost / parking issues?

I know it defeats the 'central' part of your brief, but the Ben Nevis hotel have been in touch with the club and are more than willing to host car club events. Major trip for most folk but scenery and driving roads would be cracking.
Exharper View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Dont let the misses drive it!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exharper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-September-2007 at 21:43

Im up for that, it would be nice to meet up somewhere and get a BMW convoy going on!!

Lets hope it can happen!! Best of look.

Beemer dan 523i SE 1997 (184K) Canyon Rot Red, auto. 330 CI Msport Convertible, blue 51K.
stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-September-2007 at 10:34
If we're looking to piggy back with another show we could look at York Raceway (1/4 mile Drag Strip) events list.

I know it's not everyones cup of tea, but if you're looking for plenty of parking space and away from tourists area, this could be another option.

///2000 E39 M5 Imola Red/// NO MORE

una volta lei ha avuto l'italiano lei non andrà mai tedesco di nuovo haha
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2007 at 17:17
Have been out in York, its ace !! plenty of hotels but to be honest, didn't see many with huge parking facilities. I suppose that'll be the same wherever tho.
RedOctober View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedOctober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2007 at 16:25

Yes, York is great, and 'central', and a very sensible venue.

However, when Webdunk says that a specific hotel (Ben Nevis Hotel) has been in touch with the club and offered to host car club events, this is also an appealing proposition, as someone else is doing a fair chunk of the organising for us

The Ben Nevis hotel will be a very long trek for most owners, but from my own personal experience of driving up there, the North-West Scottish Highlands are the 'Driving Mecca' for any BMW enthusiast.

Honestly, it's a different world up there, away from the traffic congested regions of Central Britain, amidst stunning scenery and wide open spaces, great driving roads-it is truly God's Own Paradise for BMW drivers. In my own experience, nowhere else in Britain compares to the Scottish Highlands-the further North West you go, the emptier the roads become...

The route along the A82 to Fort William, through Glencoe, takes you through some great scenery, and being based round Ben Nevis/Fort William means you can take a great drive along the A82 to either Loch Ness, or branch left onto the A87 to the Kyle of Lochalsh, Skye etc, which is another great road through stunning scenery.

I've driven up there many times, and have never wanted to come back South again-it's than good up there.

Only the unpredictable weather can cause problems-when it rains up there, it really rains! May is a reasonable month, not too cold, and just before the main holiday period.

It would be a long trip (I live near Liverpool, and it's around 6 hours to Fort William), but well worth it once you get up there-I''d be up for it!

Alex

"I was just clearing out the cylinders, Officer"
stephenperry View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2007 at 16:49
i like the fort william idea, they're great roads and relatively local to me - i'd definately attend if there was a meeting round there

2007 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Auto

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1994 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1990 Honda Concerto 1.6 EX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL
    1989 Ford Fiesta 1.1 Firefly
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2007 at 10:50

While I agree that the roads round there are ace, I wonder if it would attract an enthusiast from say Eastbourne, that would be a hell of a drive.

I thought that the idea of this thread was got have a central point in the UK to meet up with the maximum number of 5 series cars as possible.

Its still Kendal / York / Harrogate for me.

There's a very good chance that the Scottish forum team will take their offer up at some point and ofcourse all BMWs would be welcome, keep a beedy eye on the Scottish forum. 

daddy cool View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddy cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2007 at 12:34
 just a note that  york is still 6 or 7 hours away from us down here in sussex . getting past london is the killer .  i'd still be up for going but i cant vouch for anyone else in the area . especially those down in the west corner.  gettin the old club to travel up to birmingham was hard enough. admittedly we were all driving lowriders
e30 2.7 cab
e30 325i
e30 325 sport
e30 318 touring
e28 m5
e28 m535
e34 m5
e39 540
e36 318ti (green)
e36 318ti (mauve)
B9 #200 View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B9 #200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-September-2007 at 09:44
York is favourite with me; only problem is which 5 to bring! 

Edited by B9 #200
Pete
1983 Alpina B9 3.5 #200
1985 528i
2002 530i Sport Auto
stephenperry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-January-2008 at 21:00
the alpina of course, we connoisseurs need to stick together

2007 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Auto

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1994 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1990 Honda Concerto 1.6 EX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL
    1989 Ford Fiesta 1.1 Firefly
MICKBMW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICKBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-January-2008 at 18:05

York or harogate sounds good to me as work in weatherby live in s/yorkshire

Edited by MICKBMW
Ashy1of1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashy1of1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2008 at 14:44
I'm from the Cheshire area and regularly travel to yorkshire, so, Harrogate, York or surrounds would be fine. Plenty of wonderful 'traditional ales' abound in this area also as well as, good friendly Yorkshire hospitality.  It's not the most central area of our island though, hmmmm....
Bill- View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2008 at 17:22
hut humm Hi
Hayabusa
Carpetbagger View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
BMW the road is not enough

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carpetbagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2008 at 21:10

Hi people if this  if five meeting is to run  we need to get some comitment .   I  will be the first to come  , any where central  yes it is a log haul from top of Scotland and southern Cornwall , but it will be  a terific event 10 or 50 or 100 BMW 5s in one place lets get a date and see who s  willing to committ 

Regards Alan

ps other BMW welcome ?  bmwclubne.co.uk

MICKBMW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICKBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-March-2008 at 21:38

im cumming where ever it is should be good

PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
East Anglia BMWCC Regional Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2008 at 12:51

I'm coming as well, hope something concrete soon, but Ian is stepping down as % register chairman, so don't know who will sort something out

Paul

95 E34 530i V8 Auto Maldives Blue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic