Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - No association with the seller, etc. but this is v. nice!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNo association with the seller, etc. but this is v. nice!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukeduke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2007 at 18:29

Originally posted by llatsni llatsni wrote:

Buy car, drive car; hard.

Feck collecting, whats the point.
i suppose its everyone to there own!!!

Previous:
2001 M3
2004 M3 CS.
Current:
2007 318D SE SALOON.
Sponsored Links

nn_dd View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nn_dd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2007 at 18:44
At that price they're obviously not in a rush to sell, so will hang on and maybe they just might get the money for it, but it would be closer to €20K than the 25 asking. If somebody is in the market for one, in this condition, they will know the value and will travel for the right car, just because it's in the auld' sod already will make no difference. Although these stupid prices will just keep pushing the VRT up. As previously said by Eamo the side skirts are painted in the wrong finish, which detracts from its originality and a big telltale of the resray, although if its been so well kept, why did it need one in the first place ?
E39 530d Touring

Bayerische View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bayerische Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2007 at 19:48
Originally posted by llatsni llatsni wrote:

Buy car, drive car; hard.

Feck collecting, whats the point.

Each to their own I suppose, some people just like to tinker with a car in a garage or get pleasure out of showing cars at shows, either way if it wasn't for collectors none of these old cars would ever survive.
Eamo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2007 at 20:09
The thing about it as well is that although (from what I can make out) its a Europameister 1 of 148, the Europameisters are just not as sought after as say the likes of the Sport Evo, Cecetto, Evo 2 etc.

Dont get me wrong - Im not trying to run the car down but facts are facts.

And I am so blessed to have owned both a Cecetto and an Evo 2!!
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2007 at 20:09
...and sold them both!

Edited by kbannon
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Eamo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2007 at 20:13
Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

...and sold them both!

for 2 e36 m3's!!

dont want to say too much but watch this space - Im returning to the bmw fold!!

Edited by Eamo
m3sport View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2007 at 22:35
LADS THATS A NICE CAR. OVERPRICED A LITTLE I THINK, BUT HELL IN A FEW YEARS IT WILL BE WORTH MORE AGAIN.  IF I HAD THAT KIND OF LOOSE CASH, & A PLACE TO KEEP HER DRY IDE GET IT RIGHT AWAY NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!!!
I miss my m3.......
635CSi View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 635CSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2007 at 23:26
I suppose investment wise it's not that bad value. The only problem is I would be afraid to park it in the city considering some little jealous scumbag might vandalise it. For 25k though, alot of nice cars can be had for that money if your buying used that means. If you looked hard enough you could get an E39 M5 which would be a much more useable everyday car and will still manage to entertain you on twisty backroads. It isn't very original obviously because with 75k on it it would have been used as a daily driver by at least one of it's 4 owners in it's life. If it was a 1 owner car with 20k on the clock and in concourse condition it would definitely be worth 25k or even more. It would be ideal for a person on a company car scheme as a weekend toy though!

Edited by 635CSi
Joey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2007 at 16:26
its a sweet motor but at the end of the day its an e30 m3 with a limited edition badge big deal its worth a few quid alright but whoever hands over 25k for it needs to be beaten with a big stick and sent to bed with no supper
its not what you drive its what drives you
(INITIAL D)
E36 M3 Cabrio Cosmos Black
Howard View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Did I say thaaaat?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-July-2007 at 01:15
For reference, here is a bit of information about BMW M Cars from an old web site that I used to run. Some of the photos are missing and the odd link no longer works.
Information originally supplied by the MPower section of the BMW Car Club GB.

Click on model types/E30 for the full info.

http://www.635csi.co.uk/sections/mpwr/index.htm
1963 700 LS
1988 635 CSi
1990 M635 CSi no longer!
2001 E38 728i Individual

http://www.tyneships.co.uk
Dergside View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dergside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-January-2010 at 21:04

Dusting off an old topic here.

This car seems to have reappeared at a more reasonable price than the €25k that was being asked back then:

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C129619/

Interesting to follow the discussion with 2 1/2 years of hindsight.  Sport Evo's are now hitting Ł35k in the UK and this is a lot cheaper than it was then.  What does that do to the whole desirability/value thing?

Now: BMW 523i SE '00, 318i SE - e91 '07, 325i Coupe '93.

Prev:
e46 328i SE Touring, 330Ci, 318Ci.
e39 523i SE.
e36 325i Coupe *2, 323i SE, 316iSE.
e30 325iSE 2dr, 320i Conv, 320i 2dr, 316i.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic