Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General BMW & Bavarian-Board Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMust be catching, here’s another £9K M3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.seed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Must be catching, here’s another £9K M3
    Posted: 18-August-2007 at 08:44

Has the world gone mad or am I a bit thick.

M3 2004  58k miles £9k  where's my cheque book for the bank of Noddy.

M3 no2

1998 E36 318iS Saloon   
1989 E30 318i. Coupe
2000 E39 520i Touring

Sponsored Links

540 V8 View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-August-2007 at 10:40

I have emailed the seller to enquire as to why so cheap. I'll let you know the reply, if I get one!

Mike

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2007 at 17:10

Here is the chaps answer, not too sure, could be very genuine or a very clever deception.......

Hello,

The car has never been damaged.It runs and drives excellent .I am selling this it for £9,000.00 including delivery anywhere in UK.I set at a "very, very low" price to guarantee a sale. The only reason is that I need cash for a family emergency. I have to tell you that I'm currently out of town with some major problems so pick up/view isn't an option. If you want to buy this vehicle email me back with your full name and address to start the official procedure trough eBay. They will send you a notification with ALL the info regarding delivery, purchase protection and refund policy so please provide your details before more questions. You will find 90% of answers in that notification from eBay!
Unfortunately, I am not able to use the phone, as I'm wearing a hearing device (sound signal amp) as a result of a car crash I've experienced a couple of months ago, so let's keep it this way (contact via e-mail). Email me back with your details to start the transaction.

Respectfully, 

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
E28 525e auto-Standard
Peter Fenwick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2007 at 17:13

It is a scam.

He could get more by walking into any dealer/garage and asking them to buy it off him.

According to glasses price guide the PX value of a 2004 M3 with 58k on the clock is anywhere between 17 and 22k depending on condition. So if this seller is so short of cash why doesn't he just walk into his local car dealer and ask them to give him £16k

Anyone with a brain would snap his hand off.

Edited by Peter Fenwick
Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2007 at 22:12

Or snap his head off for being such a t***

Mike

E28 525e auto-Standard
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2007 at 23:21
Originally posted by Peter Fenwick Peter Fenwick wrote:

It is a scam.

and reported as such to flea-bay

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-August-2007 at 22:18

Once again, thanks for cleaning up the scum Mr Pits!

It's people and scams like that which give ebay a bad name.

Mike

E28 525e auto-Standard
french View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote french Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2007 at 22:58
E bay is a bad name
540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-August-2007 at 15:42

Originally posted by french french wrote:

E bay is a bad name

Not necessarily, if you are vigilant and only buy from people with good feedback (i.e. this guy was on 0, how many would spend more than a few quid with him?!!) then you can't go far wrong.

My boss is a medal collector and recently sent £170 through paypal without reply for 2 weeks. After some time passed and several emails to the guy and paypal/ebay he got the answer he dreaded. The guy had been murdered! (retired copper in Burghfield, check it on Google!) Paypal paid him back in full after the solicitor told him he'd have to go to court to try and claim. Good service in my book.

remember "Caveat Emptor" - Buyer beware

Mike

E28 525e auto-Standard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic