Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > Detailing & Car Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMicro Scratches

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbbaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Micro Scratches
    Posted: 21-August-2007 at 09:35

I was washing the car at the weekend and noticed a lot of micro scratches on the bonnet and front bumper. Has anyone used the colour wax on these type of scratches? Is there any one in particular that’s most effective?

My car is  met carbon black so Im quite fearful to get it polished/buffed for fear it will turn out patchy/fade.

E46 M3
Sponsored Links

fozzymandeus View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fozzymandeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2007 at 09:47
You'll be forever re-applying colour wax. It's like pan stick make up to cover wrinkles on an old granny.

If the car hasnt been machine polished before you shouldnt go through the lacquer... unless you're really heavy handed (or use a dremel).
Beating around the bush.
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2007 at 14:54

I would say by some Menzerna Final Polish from Polished Bliss and a german applicator

Use the white side and apply the Final Polish

If its only minor scratches they will easy come out via this method

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic