Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 5 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE60 Haynes Manual

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E60 Haynes Manual
    Posted: 04-October-2007 at 08:19

After having just become an E60 owner, I thought I would write to Haynes to ask them if they were ever going to publish an E60 manual.

E-mail I sent to Haynes

Dear Sir/Madam

Can you tell me if Haynes are going to publish a Haynes Manual for the current BMW 5 Series?

I have just purchased a 2003 53 plate 545i SE Automatic (E60 chassis) and I would like to carry out some of my own maintenance. 

I purchased a Haynes Manual for my 1998 S plate 523i SE Automatic (E39 chassis) which I traded in to buy the above vehicle. Using your manual for the E39 I was able to change a water pump, thermostat, thermostat housing, front brake discs and pads, replace brake fluid and change the rear anti roll bar links. 

I would look forward to reading a Haynes Manual for my new BMW.

If you could also cover a V8 engine that would be great.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks

Andrew Rolland

Reply received

"Dear Andrew

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding a Service and Repair Manual for your vehicle.  Unfortunately, we do not produce a Manual for this particular model and have no plans to do so within the foreseeable future.

However, all customer requests are recorded and used in the decision making process of future Manual publications/updates.

You could try contacting your local dealer to see if he can be of assistance.Assuring you of our best attention at all times."

Hmm so that will be a no then.  Bummer

Although if I can get enough E60 owners to write to Haynes, they may publish a book, so come on all E60 Owners put a request into Haynes please?

http://www.haynes.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContactVie w?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001

The point is not going to the Dealer to ask for assistance, the only thing he asks for is your credit card and they won't tell you how to do anything on the car yourself.  I asked a BMW mechanic for any tips on how to remove a water pump on my E39 with regards to loosening the left hand thread of the viscous fan hub.  He told me that they "use a special tool" but wouldn't tell me what it was or show me it.  Not very helpful!  But I got there in the end via t'interweb.

Andrew

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic