Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > BMW Related Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBimmerfest 2007 at Stoneleigh

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Spangle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bimmerfest 2007 at Stoneleigh
    Posted: 05-October-2007 at 11:18
Quite frankly I'm amazed, stunned, shocked well not that strongly

There doesn't seem to be ANY mention of this event in this or the "other" forum and the club are supposed to be organising it.

I phoned the club this morning for a ticket, bought one, discounted price, I'm not a member. Plus I'm getting a "privileged parking pass" as well - oooohh!

Is anyone else going to this event?

14th Oct, Stoneleigh showground near Coventry.
Sponsored Links

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2007 at 12:06

I didn't even know it was on (mind you I'm still not going lol)

I attended one a few years ago with the Porshe club, that was a good day.

Best Wishes

Nigel

Jeff Spangle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Spangle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2007 at 12:10
Yes I went to the 2005 one, an Andrew Greenwood organised one. Very good too.
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2007 at 14:39
It is oddly quiet in terms of publicity. I know it was mentioned briefly in the club Mag. As a Region Chairman I got nothing particularly informative ahead of the event other than an explanation that space was limited and cars were going to be selected rather than just turn up as per Gaydon. I also know form recent comms that the allocated indoor space has all been filled which has given rise to the outdoor privileged space which is meant to be immediately beside the entrance.

Due to the slightly muddy comms / advertising and the relative proximity to Gaydon then I didn't particularly push it on here or to the region. I think a couple of the troops contemplated going down. Based on the level of regional activity this year, we might pencil it in for 2008 and split the travelling troops so that some of us do Gaydon and others do Bimmerfest - all to be discussed at our upcoming AGM and 2008 planning meetings.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic