Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMclaren’s Groundhog Day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2007 at 22:32

Is it just me who feels a little sorry for Hamilton?

ok, fairs fair, sh1te happens and Hamilton did mess up on the first lap but if it wasn't for his gear change problems, we'd have a british champ by his own merit. After poor england football team (along with other british nations set to fail too), and a gallant but vain attempt in rugby, was it just british luck he was destined to fail!? Must be something in the english water (bloody scots have peed in it! )

Mike

Edited by 540 V8

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
Sponsored Links

Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2007 at 23:01
Originally posted by 540 V8 540 V8 wrote:

Must be something in the english water (bloody scots have peed in it! )

Mike

Nah, you would have won something if we had

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2007 at 09:38

Errmmmmm..... NO.

....fairs fair, sh1te happens and Hamilton did mess up on the first lap but if it wasn't for his gear change problems, we'd have a british champ by his own merit.

If he'd finished in China in the top 5 we'd have a British World Champion but someone was getting involved in battle they shouldn't have and ended up making a rookie mistake in the pits of all places....and he started the same was in Brazil, getting involved with his team mate at first corner which could have ended very differently.

It was his for the taking and he didn't take it.

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2007 at 09:54

In a sense Im glad Kimi won as it seems to have been done fair and squarely. However, LH's talent has been shown and he will be #1 several times in his F1 career!

Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
dryle View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2007 at 10:00
I would have liked to see him win it, he seems a lot more level headed and down to earth than other british drivers recently.
Dave Ryle

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -- George Bernard Shaw
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2007 at 10:09
Originally posted by Sporty1 Sporty1 wrote:

Errmmmmm..... NO.

....fairs fair, sh1te happens and Hamilton did mess up on the first lap but if it wasn't for his gear change problems, we'd have a british champ by his own merit.

If he'd finished in China in the top 5 we'd have a British World Champion but someone was getting involved in battle they shouldn't have and ended up making a rookie mistake in the pits of all places....and he started the same was in Brazil, getting involved with his team mate at first corner which could have ended very differently.

It was his for the taking and he didn't take it.

Spot on there Sporty1 

Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2007 at 10:38
Ironic really the way it's turned out.
1. A Mclaren ex-driver steals the drivers' championship from Mclaren in a Ferrari.
2. No points for Mclaren in the constructors championship due to stealing/spying Ferrari Technical data.
3. Mclaren up in arms about fuel irregularities of BMW-Sauber and Williams cars which cost them the drivers' championship in the Last race. (so they state)
4. Mclaren used 2 sets of New wet tyres in Practice, when the rules state, they can only use 1 set! (got off lightly with a fine but, no grid position penalty)
It's a shame Lewis Hamilton was caught up in all of this for his first season.
To sum it up, 'what goes around, comes around' springs to mind.

Edited by Rossi
Peter Fenwick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2007 at 11:18

After poor england football team

Poor England Football team!

They lost because they didn't play well engough in that game and previous ones. Nothing to do with luck.

Hamilton did have some bad luck but he's also made some silly mistakes. He will be back though. 

Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2007 at 20:37

Originally posted by Rossi Rossi wrote:

No points for Mclaren in the constructors championship due to stealing/spying Ferrari Technical data..

At least this means that next season we'll have Ferrari at one end of the Pit-lane (in three garages ) wearing No.1 & 2

And McLaren at the other...far-end... - you know the other side of Spyker  - of the Pit-lane (in only two garages ) wearing - I suspect - No. 22 & 23.

So any more spying will involve a l...o...n...g walk

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2007 at 21:10

Originally posted by thepits thepits wrote:

Alonso will be back at Renault next year in a swap for Henry () Kovalainen - the other charasmatic Finnish chap  
Is this fact? Or JYO.
The Fact that this Will happen can't be announced yet - but trust me it will be soon........

Won't be long now ..........

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2007 at 21:16
Wonder who will be next to BMW? Wouldn't want to be a pit crew in case some Jap chappy decides to come in.. Ey up! Who's ran over me foot? 
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-October-2007 at 22:05
Originally posted by Peter Fenwick Peter Fenwick wrote:

Hamilton did have some bad luck but he's also made some silly mistakes.

so it seems...
1997 E39 523i
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-October-2007 at 10:20
Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

so it seems...

If that is true then...........

...yes he's got talent but lets not forget he is in one of the fastest cars on the circuit...I wonder what Rosberg/Kubica/Kovalainen (we may see this one) would be like in the same car.

Edited by Sporty1

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-October-2007 at 10:23

Alonso will be back at Renault next year in a swap for Henry () Kovalainen - the other charasmatic Finnish chap  
Is this fact? Or JYO.
The Fact that this Will happen can't be announced yet - but trust me it will be soon........

Something about this was mentioned over the weekend on the ITV coverage. IIRC

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-October-2007 at 10:27
1997 E39 523i
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-October-2007 at 17:49

Is this fact? Or JYO.

Something about this was mentioned over the weekend on the ITV coverage. IIRC

Yes that's right, Kovalainen wasn't giving a definite answer tho. IMO I think it will be a swap for alonso, since no-one else is interested in having an ex-two time world champion brat in their team.

Flavio will sort him out tho..   

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-October-2007 at 18:43

Flavio will sort him out tho..   

[/QUOTE]

He sure will.....he'll just give him the 'number one' seat........Ron could have done the same and not lost the constructors and probably had a triple world champ for next year. 

540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2007 at 21:49

After poor england football team

Poor England Football team!

They lost because they didn't play well engough in that game and previous ones. Nothing to do with luck.

Hamilton did have some bad luck but he's also made some silly mistakes. He will be back though. 

I didn't mean poor as in I felt sorry for them, I eamnt poor as in played awfully!

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
E28 525e auto-Standard
540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2007 at 21:57

Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

so it seems...

If that is true then...........

...yes he's got talent but lets not forget he is in one of the fastest cars on the circuit...

....except when he switches it off lol!

Well I suppose given the season overall it was a fitting result and one that will teach McLaren and Hamilton some valuable lessons. Roll on next year when McLaren will be top along with Hamilton!

One funny thing, my boss ordered some McLaren Hamilton caps for our merchandise cabinet because he was confident of a win. I doubt we'll sell 'em now!

Mike

P.S. *FOR SALE, GENUINE McLAREN CAPS WITH WORLD CHAMPION LEWIS HAMILTONS NAME....... ER, I MEAN POTENTIAL WORLD CHAMPIONS NAME : RRP 20 NOW ONLY 1.95 TO CLEAR!*

E28 525e auto-Standard
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-October-2007 at 18:07

Lewis is off....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/70680 01.stm

....all because the local ASDA took away his priviledged parking spot.

Seriously....... hear what he's saying but funny how he's going to a tax haven........

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic