Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMclaren’s Groundhog Day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mclaren’s Groundhog Day
    Posted: 07-October-2007 at 15:14

Hmmm.. it seems Mclaren haven't learnt anything regarding tyre wear issues, which cost Kimi the win at nurburgring in 2005...ouch!

What were they thinking of..

F1 Championship still now between three..Bring on the Interlagos GP in 2 weeks..

Sponsored Links

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2007 at 15:31

Yeah.... it was all rather strange that... makes it a bit more exciting for Brazil though....

It would also seem that young Mr. Hamilton only knows one speed, that's flat out, if he hadn't come into the pits so 'hot' he would probably be the Champion,as he only had to finish 6th regardless of where anyone else finished.

I maybe eating my words this time in two weeks but I don't think me will do it.

Edited by Sporty1

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2007 at 21:12

I reckon he will. Did you see the program on his life in motorsport since being a kid? They had a phsycologist watching his body language and his attitude even as an 8 year old racing a radio controlled car the woman said he had a winning drive back then and he is a determined character. He has won every single championship in the first year of joining since his early karting days.

Come on Hamilton!

Mike

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2007 at 21:33
The best thing about Lewis is the fact that he has managed to get Alonso to show his true colours!
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2007 at 22:00

Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

The best thing about Lewis is the fact that he has managed to get Alonso to show his true colours!

Yeh, I get the feeling Alonso will be back at Renault next season, regardless of this seasons championship result..can't take away Hamilton's skills and determination to win tho.

IMO, I think the whole thing has shrewdly been set up years ago by Ron Dennis. He obviously seen the potential in Lewis Hamilton as a Formula 1 championship contender. Michael Schumaker was never going to leave Ferrari so Ron Dennis had to wait until his title was won by someone else...

Then his plan was to draught in the two time reigning world champion into the Mclaren team at the same time as Hamilton's introduction to F1, so Hamilton and Mclaren could pick his brains, learn his moves, strategies and steal his title.

Alonso has been caught in Ron Dennis' web, and there's nothing he can do about it other than win the last race and sabotage Lewis' car...lol  

...or Raikonnen could win with 2 Mclaren DNF's (sabotage revenge for spying on Ferrari)

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2007 at 10:10
Originally posted by Rossi Rossi wrote:

Alonso has been caught in Ron Dennis' web, and there's nothing he can do about it other than win the last race and sabotage Lewis' car...lol  

...or Raikonnen could win with 2 Mclaren DNF's (sabotage revenge for spying on Ferrari)

We could see a McClaren of old battle et la Prost and Senna....where they take each other off.

Let's not forget the Ferrari McClaren differential at Interlagos last year, but then McClaren KNOW what the Ferrari is capable of this year.

Edited by Sporty1

Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2007 at 10:20
Originally posted by Sporty1 Sporty1 wrote:

Let's not forget the Ferrari Mclaren differential at Interlagos last year, but then Mclaren KNOW what the Ferrari is capable of this year.

I suppose a safety car call out during the race won't assist anyone..
Pit lane tactics and the weather will play a huge part in this race...bring it on

540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2007 at 21:23

Let's not forget the Ferrari Mclaren differential at Interlagos last year, but then Mclaren KNOW what the Ferrari is capable of this year.

I suppose a safety car call out during the race won't assist anyone..
Pit lane tactics and the weather will play a huge part in this race...bring it on

Funny that, the pit cars are Mercs! hmmmmm, very sneaky thinking Rob!

IMO though, Hamilton is a natural, no need to copy alonso, if you'd have seen the documentary I saw, a phsycologist predicted him as a future champion at the age of 8 as he said he had a unique ability to focus during competition and the burning desire to win. Two of the main things which made Schumacher what he is/was though I think Hamilton is much less arrogant. My money is on this man to be the finest world champion Britain has ever offered, even if he doesn't win this year, the next few years will be his time for sure!

Mike

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
E28 525e auto-Standard
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-October-2007 at 08:39
well, my prediction has been confirmed....

Alonso
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-October-2007 at 09:12
It seems Mclaren are under scrutiny again for the final race at Interlagos...
Trust?
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-October-2007 at 09:49

Alonso

"According to that most unreliable of sources, Bild newspaper,"........guess that's the German version of 'The Sun'.

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-October-2007 at 09:52

It seems Mclaren are under scrutiny again for the final race at Interlagos...
Trust?

If your previous post is true I wouldn't blame McClaren for backing Hamilton.....

Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-October-2007 at 10:04

Alonso

"According to that most unreliable of sources, Bild newspaper,"........guess that's the German version of 'The Sun'.

Like our local radio station, as it was announced on the news..

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-October-2007 at 17:04
1997 E39 523i
540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-October-2007 at 22:10

The best thing McLaren can do after the season is bin Alonso, he's been nothing but trouble for them and infact the whole of F1!

Mike

E28 525e auto-Standard
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2007 at 15:55
1997 E39 523i
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2007 at 16:12

Originally posted by planet-f1.com planet-f1.com wrote:

"There are another 10 or so teams that are interested in me."

I'm sure Spyker, Torro Rosso or Super Aguri are beating at his door

Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2007 at 16:18
Originally posted by nero nero wrote:

and not forgetting...Ferrari's Legal team
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2007 at 17:42
Alonso will be back at Renault next year in a swap for Henry () Kovalainen - the other charasmatic Finnish chap  
Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-October-2007 at 10:43

Originally posted by nero nero wrote:

and not forgetting...Ferrari's Legal team

Not if Swiss reports are correct and he has signed a letter of intent with them, although Kimi won't be going anywhere and Massa has another year on his contract................

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic