FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPics ..todays meet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jim-beamer View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim-beamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pics ..todays meet
    Posted: 13-October-2007 at 10:32
i knew i should've drawn the raffle from a hat,,

E53 X5, 2003 318i SE, Suzuki GSXR
www.jgrecovery.com
Sponsored Links

jim-beamer View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim-beamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-October-2007 at 10:05
great meet guy's, and what supertastic weather,,(global warming,, yippee,,) (kidding),,cars awesome as ever,,crackin bunch of people,,great laugh,,oh ,and before i forget,!! alan, have you checked pistonheads yet,,i told you i'd put it on, HEHE,,,,had a couple of  E/mails, but nothing definate yet,,cheers for a good day folks,,,JIMBO

E53 X5, 2003 318i SE, Suzuki GSXR
www.jgrecovery.com
fluffnik View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fluffnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-October-2007 at 01:55
I've been faffing with HDR - high dynamic range - still got a few wrinkles to work out, not least washing the car first...

..but here goes...

ALPINA B10 V8 Touring #36
Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coasting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2007 at 23:53

No, no, no, we ploughed on.

Literally.

We managed to do the full tour as planned, all 900+ miles for many.

We're hoping for a bit more sun in 2008.

Now with FREE HPI CHECK and FREE GLASSES GUIDE VALUATIONS for all members!

bassmancampbell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmancampbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2007 at 23:47

Coasting, saw the vids on youtube looking for info on the Crois Ecosse Tour. weather looks lovely when the snow came down.  did you turn round or wait for it to thaw ?

Campbell - 645ci

Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coasting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2007 at 09:47
Originally posted by bassmancampbell bassmancampbell wrote:

Coasting, I totally agree with bluebro on this one, wish i could keep mine in this condition, although i'm looking to bring it back up to scratch a bit at a time with maybe a few mods thrown in. I've done over 10k and counting in mine already.

I do prefer the rear window line on the coupe though and wouldn't want my hair blowing about....haha.  I've got my panoramic sunroof open full-time so get plenty of light in otherwise it does feel cramped.

Whereabouts you located and will you be going to Aberdeen?

I'm in Newcastle Upon Tyne, so I'm afraid Aberdeen is a bit far for me at short notice.

That said, I do get up there occasionally.  In March next year we'll be doing our second Crois Ecosse Tour (18 cars, 900 miles around Scotland, overnight on Skye) and a few guys from here are signed up to it.  Last year the car looked nothing like it does in the pictures above - because we caught the two days of blizzards in March.  Twas' fun!

I do keep the car clean and there is a lot of coats of various products to get the sort of glaze/shine on it that it has.  I use Pinnacle Souveran on mine because it's more suited to dark colours, but Pinnacle Signature would look stunning on yours - it's perfect for lighter shades and the arches on the 6 in particular lend themselves to superb effects because of the shapes.

I've started using CG Ultra Wet Mirror Glaze as a final coat these days too - and it's very impressive stuff.  Very easy to apply and very easy to buff off - with immediate results. 

The fact that car has been with me since new 2 years ago is testament to how good I think it is.  It's been nigh on faultness (the most major item being a new Central Information Display module when it went haywire) and the noise (particularly with the hood down or rear window open) continues to bring a smile to my face.

Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coasting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2007 at 09:40
Originally posted by bluebro bluebro wrote:

Gorgeous car Coasting, stunning example.

Just out of curiousity, do you have a spare wheel or emergency tyre foam/air compressor kit in your car?

No, there's nothing, but you can get home as I discovered in July.

I was at our National Meet in the Lake District when a rear alloy split (only discovered that the next day) and my Tyre Pressure system went ballistic.  The run flats (Bridgestone RE050A) got me over 100 miles home without a single issue, and at more than the stated 50mph recommended speed.

They really do seem to do what it says on the tin.

derek2 View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote derek2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2007 at 08:54
Car looks good on the road Campbell, looks mean when it squats down when you accelerate. good day around,
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmancampbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2007 at 00:32
Originally posted by bluebro bluebro wrote:

Just out of curiousity, do you have a spare wheel or emergency tyre foam/air compressor kit in your car?

Had a good look round Campbell's car on Sunday and could find nothing to get him home in the event of a puncture!

Coasting, I totally agree with bluebro on this one, wish i could keep mine in this condition, although i'm looking to bring it back up to scratch a bit at a time with maybe a few mods thrown in. I've done over 10k and counting in mine already.

I do prefer the rear window line on the coupe though and wouldn't want my hair blowing about....haha.  I've got my panoramic sunroof open full-time so get plenty of light in otherwise it does feel cramped.

Whereabouts you located and will you be going to Aberdeen?

Campbell - 645ci

bluebro View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2007 at 23:57

Had a good look round Campbell's car on Sunday and could find nothing to get him home in the event of a puncture!

F22 Estoril Blue M235i
Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coasting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2007 at 23:43
Originally posted by bassmancampbell bassmancampbell wrote:

Originally posted by Coasting Coasting wrote:

Who's is the 6-series with the M6 wheels on?

Hi mate, it's mine. 2004 645ci got it in April and glad to be part of the action.

..here was I thinking I was still on my own here.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it.  I've had mine since August 2005, though it's still only done 16,500 miles (largely due to the crap summer!) and it's now well and truly my longest period of car ownership (beating the nearest to it by a year!).

Blatant picture whoring moment coming...

Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2007 at 22:33

Another great meet with good turn out as usual. My fav car was the 645........ 

Enjoyed the food (OMG i was starving!!) and the chat was good too.

Great photos guys

Hope to make the Aberdeen one that should be good too!

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassmancampbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2007 at 20:59

Hi mate, it's mine. 2004 645ci got it in April and glad to be part of the action.

It was a great day on Sunday and met lots of cool bmw boffins.  Looking forward to Aberdeen just hope the Mrs lets me go....

Love the photos and may even use a few if thats ok guys?

Cheers

Campbell - 645ci

fluffnik View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fluffnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2007 at 20:57

It belongs to  bassmancampbell, he's called Campbell.
curnrik View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curnrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2007 at 20:26

Hi

It was a great day yesterday, couldn't have asked for better weather.  I couldn't belive how many cars turned up, was suprised at that and what did turn up was very nice, i couldn't pick the one that i liked the most, i liked each one for different reasons so i just couldn't pick, oh and it was nice meeting the owners of those fantastic cars.

Cheers

Richard

Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coasting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2007 at 20:25

fluffnik View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fluffnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2007 at 19:38
Originally posted by stephenperry stephenperry wrote:

is that another estoril blue alpina b10 or is it the light?

It's my ALPINA Blue one. 

The sky was very big, blue and bright on Sunday and my paint does change quite dramatically in different light...

...especially since Paul polished it. 

I was using flash fill too, but I think the WB looks reasonable...

stephenperry View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2007 at 18:38

is that another estoril blue alpina b10 or is it the light?

Edited by stephenperry

2007 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Auto

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1994 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1990 Honda Concerto 1.6 EX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL
    1989 Ford Fiesta 1.1 Firefly
Tomski View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2007 at 17:53
Looks like it was a great meeting,and weather as well.
I spent all weekend in Fort William with my wife.
Romantic one for a change ...
fluffnik View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fluffnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2007 at 17:29
A grand day in every way...

A few more photos:

For more, and bigger - clicky!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic