Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > General Motors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWaxoyl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waxoyl
    Posted: 08-October-2007 at 01:42
I am just looking for some advice on waxoyling the underbody of a car. I've done inside the doors, bonnet, bootlid etc and now I want to do the underbody with the black waxoyl. My query is this: everytime I wash my car I always hose under the body, wheel arches etc. but I'm just wondering if I could do this once I've waxoyl'd it? Would I wash it off or weaken/thin it and will road dirt stick to it? I have the stuff here ready to go on but I'd like to know first. It doesn't say anything about hosing it etc on the box. Any help/thoughts would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links

Eamo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2007 at 11:25
Personally I would use the clear stuff. the black stuff is like schutz which is used by panel beaters to repair cars.

if i seen a black like substance under the car i would walk away from it
keithc View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2007 at 23:31
Cheers for the advice Eamo but it still doesn't answer my question on hosing it!! Anyone any ideas?
mmm-five View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmm-five Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2007 at 07:10

High-powered jet washing may dislodge some of it, but a general rinse with a hose won't budge it.

It starts to solidify on contact with air - otherwise you wouldn't be able to spray or brush it on.

Normal road muck will impact it and stick to in—but that's normal and you can wash much of that off if you need to—as the waxoyl also creates a semi-solid barrier between gravel and your underbody.

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2007 at 14:01

Originally posted by Eamo Eamo wrote:

Personally I would use the clear stuff. the black stuff is like schutz which is used by panel beaters to repair cars.

And ideal for covering up 'dodgy' brake-lines

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Bayerische View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bayerische Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2007 at 17:18
Originally posted by thepits thepits wrote:

Isn't that an NCT or MOT in the UK failing point.

Current: 1989 E24 M635csi
        1996 E36 323i coupe

Previous: 1989 E24 635csi
           2001 E46 330ci
           1987 E28 M5
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2007 at 19:56

Originally posted by Bayerische Bayerische wrote:

Originally posted by thepits thepits wrote:

Isn't that an NCT or MOT in the UK failing point.

Yep......

if they spot 'em

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
keithc View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2007 at 16:34
Thanks mmm 5! All I need now is the time to put it on. I'm not bothered about it being black or clear as I have had the car nearly 8 years and have no intention of selling it!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic