Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General BMW & Bavarian-Board Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNice looking 328ti in TBMW..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nice looking 328ti in TBMW..
    Posted: 08-October-2007 at 20:51
Just read about a compact on 318ti.org and thought I'd post a link to it.
Anyone on here?

V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
Sponsored Links

Rossi View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-October-2007 at 21:10

Aye Rhys, yumm.. that eisenmann rear box.  The guy has done some really nice subtle mods which keeps it 'original' looking sleeper.  Except whats under the bonnet, a nice 328i with M50 325i inlet manifold and big bore throttle body, pushing 215bhp..to give the boy racers a fright

oh, I also love the colour of that Ti too

alym786 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alym786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2007 at 20:05
Must admit I like this one!
E46 328ci now sold :(
Peter Fenwick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2007 at 11:55
It's a nice car that's been done well, but I don't understand why he didn't just buy a 328. After all the saloon and the coupe look better than the compact and he must have spent a fortune on it.
Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2007 at 19:29
Got a point Peter, but there is a strong following in the US for compacts (on that site there is anyway). Also there is the point that the compact is lighter than the other models so will give more oomph per bhp.
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
G.T. View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G.T. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-October-2007 at 22:39

I have both a coupe (M3) and compact (318ti). I've supercharged the ti and even though it still doesn't put down the same power as the M3, it is very much fun to drive. I've often thought that if I were to get a ticket, it would be in the ti. It's so easy to control and feels much lighter than the M3 despite the actual weight difference (1275kg for 318ti vs. 1310kg for my M3).

Maybe it's the E30 rear suspension on the ti, maybe it's something else. Whatever the reason is, Rhys is right; the ti does have a strong following in the US. I liked mine enough to bring it across the pond to here.

Glenn
somafm.com/play/lush
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic