Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedfogs front and back

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote screamingflat6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fogs front and back
    Posted: 26-October-2007 at 18:32

Hi All,

I have tried the search button,but the only thing I found might not suit my car!I have just picked the car up from the garage and the feedback was all good so happy motoring ahead.I got home removed the dirty finger marks and had a look around the car the way you do to see everything was in order. I started working around the car and turned my lights on first on side lights next on full beam pressed the front fogs button in and out then the one next to it the same way which is rear, no lights!I looked in the fuse box nothing at a quick look blown please inform me on the fuse number or relay for the fog lamps 1989 e30 m3 german import.Sorry just adding this 29&30 is the fuses I cannot hear a relay click is it k7 relay.

Regards Gaz.

Edited by screamingflat6
Sponsored Links

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-October-2007 at 17:14

Fog light relay is K8, 29 & 30 are the fog light fuses for left and right.

K7 is Uploader Relay.

HTH

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
screamingflat6 View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote screamingflat6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2007 at 10:09

Thanks again Mr helpful,

I haven't had a pc since last Saturday so sorry for this late reply.The internet gremlins got the two pc's down so lap top fixed now so I can reply.The car had everything working before its £600 trip into the garage so I was gutted when it came back with a problem it didn't have before?I had a live at the switch and had to take the front fogs out to get at the wiring, well I found no power at the lamp units,the switch caput!!! well being tight with money I thought dry joint syndrome so gave it a WD40 bath and all is good.I suppose with the car being stored for two years I'm going to become conversant with the electrical system and dry joint syndrome,so I've unplugged all the electrical connections and coated them with wd40 before re-connecting.

Regards Gaz,,

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic