Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedmega meet polished bliss photos 4th nov 2007

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2007 at 00:02
Originally posted by vpricey vpricey wrote:

A fantastic drive up, even with some of Pete's dodgy directions that took us a slight detour on the way there!lol.

Nothing wrong with my directions

You boyz are to used to motorways

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
Sponsored Links

Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2007 at 00:11

Another great meet guys thanks to everyone envolved in the organisation. The photos are all really good as usual.

Weather was kind and all the cars looked fab. The CSL was stunning well done to Polished Bliss very interesting display our cars will never be cleaned the same again

The puppy was very cute and well done for the money raised.

A fantastic drive up, even with some of Pete's dodgy directions that took us a slight detour on the way there!lol. 

I was totally stressed by the time we got there as I seemed to end up navigator with no map just Petes dodgy directions  but we got there in the end thanks pete  

Was a good drive up and a quicker drive home

vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2007 at 07:12
Originally posted by Pete330 Pete330 wrote:

I'm not use to motorways, I'm use to blasting along narrow country lanes!!  At one point you said turn left and it'll lead on to the B9444 or something....so we did and we got lost, had to turn round and then 20mins later we eventually found the B9444!!lol.

Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2007 at 07:33

I'm not use to motorways, I'm use to blasting along narrow country lanes!!  At one point you said turn left and it'll lead on to the B9444 or something....so we did and we got lost, had to turn round and then 20mins later we eventually found the B9444!!lol.

It was indeed an interesting detour up that farm track scattering landrovers that wouldn't go in a puddle to let us past and demon cyclists who similarly wouldn't budge. Still we got there and bang on 1pm too.

Pete, thanks for all of your organisation, it was clear to see that a lot of effort went into the day and you were rewarded with an absolutely bumper turnout.

We had a nice drive down and met up with Ono who followed us for 40 or so miles, we also picked up a stray E36 driven by a woman who followed (kept up) for a good part of the way. There was an interesting few miles playing with a Supra all covered in Castrol livery which was very quick and equally as noisy.

We only stopped for a fuel and coffee break, I am choked with a flu at the moment and my throat was killing me all day so I really needed a hot drink

Thanks again to Pete and to all of the attendees for bringing their lovely "pride and joys" for us to drool over.

My favorite car of the day was was the grey / brown ( light angle dependant) E39 Alpina, I think it belongs to Chas. Wow, that is stunning. 

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2007 at 09:26
Originally posted by curnrik curnrik wrote:

I wish i was there looking at all those shinny bms, if theres a next time i'll be there for sure.

No 'if' about it. Check out http://www.bmwccscotland.co.uk/e2008.html!
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2007 at 09:31
Nice one on the day Pete - was well impressed by the quiet professionalism of the PB staff.

Was even more impressed by the 38 car turnout!

Nice to run into the prize winner and his E39 M5 equipped wingman on the run home too. Looks like the wee back road route was a smidge faster than the thro-town route... or they had been 'enjoying' the back roads 'cos they had left after me.
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2007 at 10:14

well would love for you to show me where you got those directions as it aint from me that`s for sure 

Edited by thepits
Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv

Current:
116i Sport F20
Chas C View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Nothing new under the sun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chas C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2007 at 14:02

Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

My favorite car of the day was was the grey / brown ( light angle dependant) E39 Alpina, I think it belongs to Chas. Wow, that is stunning. 

Thanks for that Campbell.  I didn't get a chance to speak to some of the new faces yesterday as I had a 3 year old to contend with most of the time.

The car is Scarab green and Nero's picture earlier in this thread has caught the colours perfectly - it usually can't be captured by a lens.  I'm not a fan of the grey/brown side of it but the green is gorgeous!

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2007 at 14:06
Originally posted by Chas C Chas C wrote:

The car is Scarab green and Nero's picture earlier in this thread has caught the colours perfectly - it usually can't be captured by a lens.

I claim credit for that I reckoned it'd be even harder to reproduce than Rory's Velvet blue and challenged Neil. He totally nailed it with that shot
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2007 at 14:11
BTW what was the spec on this wee sleeper?

vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2007 at 18:50

well would love for you to show me where you got those directions as it aint from me that`s for sure 

Funny that cause they came from your "Directions to Polished Bliss thread", Anyway way a bit o banter and stubborn cyclists, and damn country folk in their landrovers who dont budge over!!!

Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2007 at 19:51
I've started a web page on BMWCCScotland for the meet.
At the moment I've only got Derek's car being done - more will be added

Polished Bliss - Polishing Demo

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2007 at 20:53

Originally posted by nero nero wrote:

I've started a web page on BMWCCScotland for the meet.
At the moment I've only got Derek's car being done - more will be added

Great pics

Have posted the link on the detailing world forum

Previous:

Current:
116i Sport F20
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-November-2007 at 21:38

. There was an interesting few miles playing with a Supra all covered in Castrol livery which was very quick and equally as noisy.

was it this one?: http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/2389/

2003-530i SE
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-November-2007 at 21:52
All my pics from Sunday now on the BMWCCScotland website

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-November-2007 at 23:44
Originally posted by 523 iAN 523 iAN wrote:

. There was an interesting few miles playing with a Supra all covered in Castrol livery which was very quick and equally as noisy.

was it this one?: http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/2389/

I think it was, the elderly gentleman driver wasn't holding back. Acceleration from 50Mph was awesome, we didn't go over 70 so I cant comment further

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-November-2007 at 12:13

Originally posted by nero nero wrote:

All my pics from Sunday now on the BMWCCScotland website

Amazing pics Neil

All the cars look stunning

I have emailed PB and told them to contact us if they want to use any

Previous:

Current:
116i Sport F20
mayesom3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayesom3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-November-2007 at 15:00

pitty i missed it..had football comp..

cars look sweet..gonna get mine done from pb..for the summer..they still got waitting list?

bmw individual m3 cab 2005 /54 with hard top
estoril blue
miltek exhuast, superchip, kn induction kit, 20 inch khans

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-November-2007 at 15:24
Originally posted by mayesom3 mayesom3 wrote:

they still got waitting list?

7 months as at Sunday
Daz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-November-2007 at 16:59

Originally posted by Webdunk Webdunk wrote:

Originally posted by mayesom3 mayesom3 wrote:

they still got waitting list?

7 months as at Sunday

Something tells me there's a market there then!  For any budding entrepreneurs out there...

2009 E92 M3 - Milltek
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic