FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUneven Tyre Wear

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uneven Tyre Wear
    Posted: 14-December-2007 at 17:51
Don't know what car your running but wear on the outside could be due to positive camber, 4 wheel alignment may sort this if it is adjustable, if it's not adjustable or it's outside the parameters of adjustment then you could have a bent lower arm.  

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
Sponsored Links

The blue bullet View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
Surfs Up!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The blue bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2007 at 16:04

Cheers Rossi, I've been putting off a major service and renewal of the suspension parts for a little while. I think this is the kick up the arse I need to look after the auld girl

Rossi View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2007 at 15:07
Symptoms sound a bit like the n/s rear spring is broken, which often causes uneven n/s rear tyre wear. Time for new rear springs maybe..
The blue bullet View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
Surfs Up!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The blue bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2007 at 14:15

I just noticed my tyre on the rear passenger side is very badly worn. The thread is down to next to nothing on the outside of the tyre. I put on 4 new Goodyear Excellence in July about 7k ago and all the other tyres are wearing evenly. The wheel in question has loads of thread on the inside but the outside is almost bald.

Anyone want to venture a guess? Suspension maybe? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Did a quick search but didn't really get the answer I need

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic