Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDriving day of a different kind?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Driving day of a different kind?
    Posted: 26-December-2007 at 22:32

Has there ever been a Golf outing organised yet for the BMWCC Scottish region?

i.e. Golfer/ non-golfer day oot in the sun?

After all, we do have the best golf courses in britain

Was thinking of an event sometime in the spring/ summer to coincide with nice long sunny days (although that can't be guaranteed on the day)

Location: Central Scotland where the courses are scenic and not too expensive.

Duration: Ideally a nine hole course (and only play nine holes) lunch/ chat and then perhaps a drive (in our cars on rural roads).

Your thoughts..

Sponsored Links

stephenperry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-December-2007 at 22:37

good idea, unfortunately i hate golf so i won't be attending

don't you have to be a member of most of these courses before they let you play?

2007 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Auto

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1994 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1990 Honda Concerto 1.6 EX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL
    1989 Ford Fiesta 1.1 Firefly
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-December-2007 at 22:41

Stephen most courses will accomodate visitor parties nowadays as, all golf clubs need the reddies..

Actually come to think of it, Moffat has a Golf Course

m3Cecotto View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3Cecotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-December-2007 at 23:15
Moffat has an OK course. 9 hole course at Rigside and I think there's one at Biggar as well.  There's 9 holes down by Girvan too - not Girvan, just before you get there I think.  Maybole?  There's a par 3 course at Lanark too.

I'd maybe be up for this depending on time and place.  Prefer 18 holes though.
1981 E23 735i
1989 E30 325i Motorsport Cabrio
1989 E24 635CSi Motorsport Edition

Bavarian Retro Cars
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-December-2007 at 23:29
If you fancy sorting one out then have a word with Shorty, pick a day and then get organising. Might be on to something there...

Cheers,

Duncan
shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-December-2007 at 21:22
Originally posted by Rossi Rossi wrote:

Has there ever been a Golf outing organised yet for the BMWCC Scottish region?

i.e. Golfer/ non-golfer day oot in the sun?

After all, we do have the best golf courses in britain

Was thinking of an event sometime in the spring/ summer to coincide with nice long sunny days (although that can't be guaranteed on the day)

Location: Central Scotland where the courses are scenic and not too expensive.

Duration: Ideally a nine hole course (and only play nine holes) lunch/ chat and then perhaps a drive (in our cars on rural roads).

Your thoughts..

Hi Rob , when you have a look at prices & dates give me a shout & i will put it in the book. Think it might be a good day out for those into a game of Golf.

Me i , like Stephen won't go as its "not my cup of tea" but will give you any help you need  

Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-December-2007 at 22:14

Thanks Shorty

[It'll probably end up like the previously arranged karting days anyway ]

Edited by Rossi
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-December-2007 at 23:55

leading on from my previous comment on this thread..

see here

Jack735 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-December-2007 at 01:23

Originally posted by m3Cecotto m3Cecotto wrote:

Moffat has an OK course. 9 hole course at Rigside and I think there's one at Biggar as well.  There's 9 holes down by Girvan too - not Girvan, just before you get there I think.  Maybole?  There's a par 3 course at Lanark too.

I'd maybe be up for this depending on time and place.  Prefer 18 holes though.

There is a course near where we meet in S Queensferry, can't remember the name though

Still celebrating Christmas - practicing for New Year blummin’ armatures’

Oooh, The machine of a dream, such a clean machine With the pistons a pumpin', and the alloys all gleam, When I'm holding your wheel, All I hear is your gear, With my hand on your grease gun, Mmm it's like a disease son, I'm in love with my car, gotta feel for my automobile, Get a grip on my .......
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-December-2007 at 12:57

Take it you don't actually want to organize this Rob? apologies if i have read it wrong on other posts

I would be up for a wee bit of fun around a course and don`t mind helping getting it off the ground

An idea:

a central course that does not require membership

Players:

3 teams of 3 (or more if interested) Plus 1 person per team to take scores cards

You will need 3 tea off times (1 AFTER THE OTHER)

Lowest overall score at end of 9-18 holes wins a prize (Or lowest buys the dinner)

Lets get some names,then look for a location

Mid May would be a good time as courses wont be too busy and Event calender quite then also

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
m3Cecotto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3Cecotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-December-2007 at 20:51
Originally posted by Pete330 Pete330 wrote:

An idea:

Don't discount private clubs.  Most will take visitors midweek at least and are always better maintained and run than municipal courses - with catering facilities as well. However, if there are absolute beginners in the group - i.e. no chance of getting it round in under 120 blows - we maybe better to stick with municipal or pay as you play courses.

Members can also get very attractive rates for visitors.  Myself and my 3 series convertible owning playing partner could get 6 bodies on to our course for £6 a skull.  The bad news is 3 would have to play with him.

However, most have dress and on course behaviour rules, but these really shouldn't trouble anyone.

Players:

3 teams of 3 (or more if interested) Plus 1 person per team to take scores cards

Lowest overall score at end of 9-18 holes wins a prize (Or lowest buys the dinner)

Four balls are better i.e. four players in each game - makes a better game.  4 is the maximum for each group.  Card marking can be sorted out within the group.

Consecutive tee times should be easy enough.

Format?
Stableford is probably best:-

Handicaps?

Mid May would be a good time as courses wont be too busy and Event calender quite then also

Courses are actually busy in mid May as a lot of the club match play competitions kick off in May so there are lots of club ties to be played.  Most clubs restrict visitors to before 5 p.m. in May.

I'll volunteer to take a lead role in the organisation, I might as well, I do nothing on here, but moan and slag people off so it's payback time, but it'll be nothing to do with the BMW Car Club.

Let's have some names and locations and an idea of ability so that I can try to find somewhere:-

Username         Location              Ability(Handicap if you have one)
M3Cecotto        Glasgow                5

1981 E23 735i
1989 E30 325i Motorsport Cabrio
1989 E24 635CSi Motorsport Edition

Bavarian Retro Cars
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-December-2007 at 23:25
Originally posted by m3Cecotto m3Cecotto wrote:

An idea:

Don't discount private clubs.  Most will take visitors midweek at least and are always better maintained and run than municipal courses - with catering facilities as well. However, if there are absolute beginners in the group - i.e. no chance of getting it round in under 120 blows - we maybe better to stick with municipal or pay as you play courses.

Members can also get very attractive rates for visitors.  Myself and my 3 series convertible owning playing partner could get 6 bodies on to our course for £6 a skull.  The bad news is 3 would have to play with him.

However, most have dress and on course behaviour rules, but these really shouldn't trouble anyone.

Players:

Four balls are better i.e. four players in each game - makes a better game.  4 is the maximum for each group.  Card marking can be sorted out within the group.

Consecutive tee times should be easy enough.

Format?
Stableford is probably best:-

Handicaps?

Courses are actually busy in mid May as a lot of the club match play competitions kick off in May so there are lots of club ties to be played.  Most clubs restrict visitors to before 5 p.m. in May.

I'll volunteer to take a lead role in the organisation, I might as well, I do nothing on here, but moan and slag people off so it's payback time, but it'll be nothing to do with the BMW Car Club.

Let's have some names and locations and an idea of ability so that I can try to find somewhere:-

Username         Location              Ability(Handicap if you have one)
M3Cecotto        Glasgow                5

superb a man who knows his stuff

over to you to sort something out then and since it aint club related i wont need to help,but will come along

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic