Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > Detailing & Car Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOne of the cleanest E36 around??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2008 at 22:21

Originally posted by Clark@Polishedb Clark@Polishedb wrote:

and you're basing this on what? fluff on the door rubbers?

for a start yes......

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Sponsored Links

Clark@Polishedb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark@Polishedb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2008 at 22:22
go on then, what else did i miss?
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2008 at 22:27

go on then, what else did i miss?

TMH I haven't bothered to go through all your advertising pictures so cannot be specific - but the comment was 'perfection does not come cheap'

obviously not - as £500 didn't cover it.

But don't care.
m3Cecotto View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3Cecotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2008 at 22:29
For £1150, I'd be wanting an E36 328i.
1981 E23 735i
1989 E30 325i Motorsport Cabrio
1989 E24 635CSi Motorsport Edition

Bavarian Retro Cars
Clark@Polishedb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark@Polishedb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2008 at 22:30

lol at advertising pictures.

Fair play to you mate - you're obviously trying to get me to bite but i'm not going to. If you're going to pick holes over a bit of fluff then you're obviously missing the bigger picture.

And with a 6 month waiting list, i wont lose any sleep over it as we're obviously doing something right 

Cheers

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2008 at 22:31

Originally posted by m3Cecotto m3Cecotto wrote:

at the very least

But don't care.
Rossi View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2008 at 22:32

Originally posted by m3Cecotto m3Cecotto wrote:

ROTFLMAO

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2008 at 22:36

Fair play to you mate - you're obviously trying to get me to bite but i'm not going to. If you're going to pick holes over a bit of fluff then you're obviously missing the bigger picture. And with a 6 month waiting list, i wont lose any sleep over it as we're obviously doing something right  Cheers

Good luck to you -there obviously is a market for your talent.

My point was that for £500 I wouldn't expect you to admit to 'perfection' and then that you'd 'run out of time' and would rectify next time.

Free of charge - of course?

Edited by thepits

But don't care.
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2008 at 10:11

LMFAO at the rubbish you guys are coming out with

The car went in for a paint correction detail and came out 100% to the owners satisfaction

Alek has chosen to put it on a plan so he can keep it up to scratch over the year for showing it at shows ect

To whats the problem with that?

Is it your money?

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2008 at 11:05
Originally posted by Pete330 Pete330 wrote:

The car went in for a paint correction detail and came out 100% to the owners satisfaction

Alek has chosen to put it on a plan so he can keep it up to scratch over the year for showing it at shows ect

Is it your money?

maybe it's to do with the amended title of the thread..

It wasn't 'the best e36 around' and it's not 'one of the cleanest E36's around'  It is 'one of the most highly polished E36's around' tho.

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2008 at 11:33
Originally posted by Rossi Rossi wrote:

Originally posted by Pete330 Pete330 wrote:

Alek has chosen to put it on a plan so he can keep it up to scratch over the year for showing it at shows etc

Is it your money?

maybe it's to do with the amended title of the thread..

It wasn't 'the best e36 around' and it's not 'one of the cleanest E36's around'  It is 'one of the most highly polished E36's around' tho.

It was in Scottish region and was aimed at the Scottish region

No matter how the topic is worded

Freshest,cleanest,best whatever the definition

BTW cleanest did not mean that is had just been cleaned it was the only pics that were available and the owner wanted them posted

I have seen the car,have you?

So how do you know its not one of the cleanest (or whatever)?

The paint work is spot on (Only 1 bit that does not look original on a 12 year old car)

The interior is Mint with no wear on leather ect

Underneath is like new

All the tool kit is there ect

Under the hood is very clean (and was before the detail)

Credit to the previous owner who was a genuine enthusiast who must of loved his car to keep it this good

Edited by Pete330
Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv

Current:
116i Sport F20
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2008 at 12:15
Originally posted by pete330 pete330 wrote:

No I haven't seen the car but, neither have the majority of this forum other than the photos posted.
There is no need to carry on like a brat either, why you directing this at me!!

Think before you post!
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2008 at 13:00

Nice work Clark!

I like the engine bay result, I would like mine to look like that, provided of course I had an engine bay to detail!

Andrew

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2008 at 14:08
Originally posted by Rossi Rossi wrote:

Originally posted by pete330 pete330 wrote:

No I haven't seen the car but, neither have the majority of this forum other than the photos posted.
There is no need to carry on like a brat either, why you directing this at me!!

Think before you post!

You keep coming back for more and it was you that quoted my last post

Edited by Pete330
Previous:

Current:
116i Sport F20
Allan320 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Obsessive Detailer!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allan320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2008 at 15:17

LOL

"You keep coming back for more "

That line gave me the image of Pete standing with a big stick :D

Nice work Clark, dont pay attention to Pits.  He only likes old dirty cars cos hes a Lazy so and so. 

(awaits the ban hammer from the pink one :D)

coupe king View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coupe king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2008 at 16:02
Originally posted by Allan320 Allan320 wrote:

dont pay attention to Pits. 

Couldnt agree more

curnrik View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curnrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2008 at 16:16

I was there and the car looked bloody fantastic inside and out, way better than my E36, i just wish mine looked as good as that one did.

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2008 at 16:32

Blooming heck, what a post !!

To Alek, I saw your car yesterday mate and even though E36s are not my thing, I thought yours was stunning. I'm sure Clark and the guys will train you up on how to keep it tip top between visits. Its obvious you're proud of it and so you should be.

Look forward to meeting you again and having a longer chat. I hope this post hasn't put you off the forum or coming to any of the meets, its a friendly place really !! 

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2008 at 17:35
Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

Look forward to meeting you again and having a longer chat. I hope this post hasn't put you off the forum or coming to any of the meets, its a friendly place really !! 

Alek's been along to a fair few gatherings now. Top chap so he is - just not on t'internet much. Good to hear the original alloys are on the way

As for PB's work - I think it's value for money at less than £18 an hour for a passionate, professional company to correct all that good 'ole BMW paint. A maintenance contract may not be to everyone's taste, but the sheer detail, professionalism and effort involved in 28 hours worth of the full correction detail has to be seen to be appreciated and many of us up here have seen it and been talked thro it by PB at the Aberdeen mega meet.
m3Cecotto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3Cecotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2008 at 18:03
Originally posted by Webdunk Webdunk wrote:

As for PB's work - I think it's value for money at less than £18 an hour for a passionate, professional company to correct all that good 'ole BMW paint. A maintenance contract may not be to everyone's taste, but the sheer detail, professionalism and effort involved in 28 hours worth of the full correction detail has to be seen to be appreciated and many of us up here have seen it and been talked thro it by PB at the Aberdeen mega meet.

Fair enough, as somebody else said, it's his money he can do what he likes with it.  Car does look superb.  But I still can't get my head round paying £1150 to have somebody wash and polish you old E36 every couple of months, but good luck to him.. Each to their own.

Must open a car wash (refuse to use the "det@il" word). 

Courtesy of www.sniffpetrol.com:-

There was anger this week in one of those bland new-build houses with a criss-crossy brick driveway that all people who post photos of their cars on the internet seem to live in as a tedious car geek annoyingly overused the word ‘detail’.

Spip Misby, a 27-year-old IT consultant who lives with his mum and dad, has long been obsessed with ‘detailing’ his Audi A3 but sources close to the Misby household say his irritating habit of using a strangely meaningless word to describe what is essentially the act of washing and then polishing something has now reached unacceptable heights.

‘Frankly it was bad enough when he just crapped on about “detailing” his bloody car again,’ said his father, Jennifer. ‘But when he announced that he was going to reward his mother’s dinner-making efforts by “detailing” the dirty dishes that was the final straw’.

Spip’s sister, David, was quick to add to her father’s ire. ‘My brother seems to mistakenly believe that the word “detailing” is a synonym for “really cleaning something” . Except I’ve checked in the dictionary and as far as I can work out, “detailing” actually refers to small decorative features on a building, work of art or other object and in no way means spending all pissing weekend rubbing a sponge and some cloths over your stupid t**tting car’.

Spies in the Misby camp say that following the “detailing” of  dirty pans and crockery, Spip retired to the bathroom to spend a typically suspicious amount of time in the shower, probably ‘detailing’ his cock.

Edited by m3Cecotto
1981 E23 735i
1989 E30 325i Motorsport Cabrio
1989 E24 635CSi Motorsport Edition

Bavarian Retro Cars
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic