Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > Detailing & Car Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOne of the cleanest E36 around??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2008 at 18:52
Originally posted by m3Cecotto m3Cecotto wrote:

Originally posted by Webdunk Webdunk wrote:

As for PB's work - I think it's value for money at less than 18 an hour for a passionate, professional company to correct all that good 'ole BMW paint. A maintenance contract may not be to everyone's taste, but the sheer detail, professionalism and effort involved in 28 hours worth of the full correction detail has to be seen to be appreciated and many of us up here have seen it and been talked thro it by PB at the Aberdeen mega meet.

Fair enough, as somebody else said, it's his money he can do what he likes with it.  Car does look superb.  But I still can't get my head round paying 1150 to have somebody wash and polish you old E36 every couple of months, but good luck to him.. Each to their own.

Must open a car wash (refuse to use the "det@il" word). 

Courtesy of www.sniffpetrol.com:-

There was anger this week in one of those bland new-build houses with a criss-crossy brick driveway that all people who post photos of their cars on the internet seem to live in as a tedious car geek annoyingly overused the word detail.

Spip Misby, a 27-year-old IT consultant who lives with his mum and dad, has long been obsessed with detailing his Audi A3 but sources close to the Misby household say his irritating habit of using a strangely meaningless word to describe what is essentially the act of washing and then polishing something has now reached unacceptable heights.

Frankly it was bad enough when he just crapped on about detailing his bloody car again, said his father, Jennifer. But when he announced that he was going to reward his mothers dinner-making efforts by detailing the dirty dishes that was the final straw.

Spips sister, David, was quick to add to her fathers ire. My brother seems to mistakenly believe that the word detailing is a synonym for really cleaning something . Except Ive checked in the dictionary and as far as I can work out, detailing actually refers to small decorative features on a building, work of art or other object and in no way means spending all pissing weekend rubbing a sponge and some cloths over your stupid t**tting car.

Spies in the Misby camp say that following the detailing of  dirty pans and crockery, Spip retired to the bathroom to spend a typically suspicious amount of time in the shower, probably detailing his cock.

2007 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Auto

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1994 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1990 Honda Concerto 1.6 EX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL
    1989 Ford Fiesta 1.1 Firefly
Sponsored Links

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2008 at 19:30
Originally posted by Allan320 Allan320 wrote:

Nice work Clark, dont pay attention to Pits.  He only likes old dirty cars cos hes a Lazy so and so. 

(awaits the ban hammer from the pink one :D)

Nah - I love a wind up with the rest of them and I can take a bit of personal abuse (ask Rhys )

I try and keep both of my 'classic' cars clean - but they both get regularly used, so that's a bit difficult. However anyone that has seen my E30 M3 at Gaydon, (or Rockingham, or Stoneleigh) over the last few years knows that I try my best.

If it was a dirty old shed the BMWCC wouldn't have kept asking me to display it now would they?

The point I was trying to make is that if I'd spent 500 to get my car cleaned then I would have expected the cleaner to have finished the job, and not run out of time, with a promise to finish it off next time.

But maybe that's just me?

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2008 at 21:19

I have to be honest here guys, I have made a request that this thread be closed. I dont care if this makes me unpopular, I honestly believe that the way it is / has been going can only be damaging. I find it most distastefuL.

Pete only posted this thread to show a cracking motor, which indeed it is. If some people have a problem with the way the car was prepped and really have apoint to make, I recommend they make these points on another thread and give the detailer the chance to reply there.

I really feel for Alex and the way this thread has been hijacked. If this thread showed my car in this condition I'd take the comments personally and would not be impressed with the forum in itself.

I ask that people who have the power to moderate, do so responsibly, please remember this forum is for everyone and not just those who have "the power" I am a moderator on other forums and to be honest, I'd have deleted this thread unreservedly !!!

Cambell

shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2008 at 21:49
Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

I have to be honest here guys, I have made a request that this thread be closed. I dont care if this makes me unpopular, I honestly believe that the way it is / has been going can only be damaging. I find it most distastefuL.

Pete only posted this thread to show a cracking motor, which indeed it is. If some people have a problem with the way the car was prepped and really have apoint to make, I recommend they make these points on another thread and give the detailer the chance to reply there.

I really feel for Alex and the way this thread has been hijacked. If this thread showed my car in this condition I'd take the comments personally and would not be impressed with the forum in itself.

I ask that people who have the power to moderate, do so responsibly, please remember this forum is for everyone and not just those who have "the power" I am a moderator on other forums and to be honest, I'd have deleted this thread unreservedly !!!

Cambell

I agree 100% with you Cambell   We are a PUBLIC forum & this "bicker" type posting ( which i see becoming more & more prevalent !!! ) can only harm the forum & chase people away in my opinion.

I also saw Alex car Yesterday & agree with Pete & yourself it is a very good example of an E36 whether it has been "Professionally " cleaned or not  ( i hope mine looks that good at that age !!!)

Having spoken to Alex myself yesterday he feels that the people at "Polished Bliss" are  giving him a good service & at the end of the day that is all that count's ,if the customer is satisfied with the product .

I'm sure they did not "Detail" his car then drop the price on him ?    

Edited by shorty
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2008 at 22:09

I'm sorry if I have upset anyone, but being a moderator on the forum, surely does not preclude me from having an opinion?

I agree Alex's car is a very nice example of an E36, I also agree that after detailing it probably looks even better.

So, if he's happy with paying out all that money then fine.

However, check the posts, I'm not alone.

But don't care.
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2008 at 23:16
Each to their own, I happen to think the car looks mint and there would be no way mine would ever look like that (too many trolley dings and scuffs for me to worry about its looks over practicality).

I'm glad the heandbags have been put down (maybe Pitsy will dance round his now) and welcome to the chap from PB, I'm sure folks on here will be picking your brains on 'a right good car wash' ;)

As for the cost - well that's subjective to whether you've budgeted for it or not and if you personally think it's worthwhile. If you show your car then it's one less thing to worry about.

I once bought a camera for more than that a few years ago - I've used it only half a dozen times if that. Does it bother me? Not really as I know I've got the best and quality doesn't come cheap.
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
Clark@Polishedb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark@Polishedb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2008 at 23:58

Cheers for the welcome guys!

I could quite easily see that it was an attempt to lure me into an argument/bit of banter or whatever you want to call it, but in all honesty i've seen and heard it all so it doesnt bother me in the slightest - its only an internet forum after all! People who criticise and slag off our pricing, to put it bluntly, are not the kind of people we would want as customers and i'm sure they'd never want our services, end of!

I certainly have no hard feelings to anyone who may have posted negative comments, its a free world and i'm doing a job i love and it pays well so i couldnt give 2 hoots what anyone else thinks as long as we're keeping our customers happy

I've browsed this forum for a while after meeting some of you at our open day but only decided to register last night, and i shall continue to post here as long as i am welcome. If not then i shall leave you all in peace

Clark

Edited by Clark@Polishedb
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2008 at 00:01
Originally posted by Clark@Polishedb Clark@Polishedb wrote:

I could quite easily see that it was an attempt to lure me into an argument/bit of banter or whatever you want to call it, but in all honesty i've seen and heard it all so it doesnt bother me in the slightest - its only an internet forum after all! People who criticise and slag off our pricing, to put it bluntly, are not the kind of people we would want as customers and i'm sure they'd never want our services, end of!

I certainly have no hard feelings to anyone who may have posted negative comments, its a free world and i'm doing a job i love and it pays well so i couldnt give 2 hoots what anyone else thinks as long as we're keeping our customers happy

I've browsed this forum for a while after meeting some of you at our open day but only decided to register last night, and i shall continue to post here as long as i am welcome. If not then i shall leave you all in peace

Clark

Your more than welcome Clark

You guys even once sponsored the forum before the split with the BMWCC

The Detailing section is not the busiest TBH

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2008 at 00:17

Clark

Having been to your workshop on the open day & seen the work & care that you take in getting it "Just Right" i can appreciate a "job well done" & if Alex felt your pricing was not in his budget than he would have thanked you for your time & walked away.

Please let me apologize for the "Hard Time " you have got on your FIRST posts we don't greet all new people like that in the "Scottish Section " of the forum. I hope your company will continue to support us as you have ?

Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2008 at 00:30
Originally posted by shorty shorty wrote:

Clark

Having been to your workshop on the open day & seen the work & care that you take in getting it "Just Right" i can appreciate a "job well done" & if Alex felt your pricing was not in his budget than he would have thanked you for your time & walked away.

Please let me apologize for the "Hard Time " you have got on your FIRST posts we don't greet all new people like that in the "Scottish Section " of the forum. I hope your company will continue to support us as you have ?

I second that.......... welcome to the forum clark I too saw what you do and was very impressed with the service you provide to your customers keep up the good work!

Issy

tong328icab View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tong328icab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2008 at 01:10

Welcome Clark

I'm more than impressed with the work and attention to detail you have put into this car and others ive seen you have done, probably looks better now than the day it rolled out the showroom (we all know how bad dealer preped cars are)

Bill

Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2008 at 08:28

Clark

If I ever get to own another E60 V8, I might just pop up for an engine bay treatment!

I want to do the outside myself.  I was just about to buy a PC but some theiving person(s) stole my E60 from the BMW dealer it was in at the time!

Andrew

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2008 at 11:59
Guys I have seen this car and have to say it is cleanest E36 I have ever seen.

Both inside and out. It looks like it has just came from the showroom.

I never made it Aberdeen for the Polish Bliss event so can't comment on their work, but I have seen Alex's car and have to say it is a cracking job. The paintwork is well "perfect" (but then I'm no professional).

As for the price, that's entirly up to the individual. If I could afford it I would go to them, just on seeing Alex's car alone.
Chas C View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Nothing new under the sun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chas C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2008 at 13:29

Good to see you here Clark, complete with the necessary thick skin!

Nice to see a well looked after E36, it certainly is one of the cleanest I've seen for a long time.  Just don't suggest it's one of the best

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2008 at 13:36
Originally posted by Chas C Chas C wrote:

Just don't suggest it's one of the best

That belongs to yours(well after Clark gets to work on it)

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
m3tiko View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3tiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2008 at 16:11
Nice, clean and a credit to E36 owners.....

"Maybe, I should take more care of mine," he says to himself.

Tiko

335d evolve 354bhp/742nm....M3 SEE YA!!

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2008 at 21:29

I've browsed this forum for a while after meeting some of you at our open day but only decided to register last night, and i shall continue to post here as long as i am welcome. If not then i shall leave you all in peace Clark

Clark to the forum - long may you enjoy posting here.

(you didn't start this thread after all.. )

But don't care.
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2008 at 00:10
That car looks lovely - I only wish I had the time or money to make mine look that good!

Originally posted by shorty shorty wrote:

Clark

Ditto!
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2008 at 08:06

Hey K, yours looks alright!  Nice deep blue.  I had a look at your other photos when you put up your pics of the dashboard strip out!

Do you have a towbar?  If not what is the sort of bulge bit in the middle of the rear bumper?

Andrew

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-February-2008 at 09:21
I have no bulge (please don't use out of context!!!)

Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic