Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat is she worth?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is she worth?
    Posted: 12-February-2008 at 20:16

Some of you may know me, some not but the time has come to sell my E30 M3.(tell you up front its RHD!!)

After doing the bodywork 2yrs ago  http://www.bavarian-board.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=24961&am p;am p;KW=floody&PN=0&TPN=1 the engine spun a bearing and has been sat for 18mths. Never did change the doors, so they are a bit rusty at the bottom; and never did get the sunroof panel lined up.

I have owned it for 7yrs and spent over 10k on it. Its a 1989 on an F with 148k on the clock but untill 2yrs ago no expence spared

i.e Diff rebuild, gearbox re build, new wish bones (alloy) propshaft bearings,balljoints anti rollbar links top shock mounts coil springs,new wings,scuttle rear pannel etc and a fully stamped service history.

Last week I charged the battery and within two turns she started (with a slight knock at 3k) from the bottom end. Ran her down the road and still felt fine its just this knock!

Loads more to say but what could I expect? Thinking of putting on eBay?

For the Mods if I have put this in the wrong place sorry and feel free to move

Edited by Floody
Mark E30 M3 RHD!!! now sold !!! still crying!!!!
E36 318 is in technoviolet, for sale
Thank's for the photo Coasting, Flood's on tour!
Sponsored Links

UweM3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-February-2008 at 20:01
If you would stop DRIVING with the knocking bottom end before it's too late you might be able to repair it without braking the bank. But whatever you have spent on the car will be worthless if you put it on Fleabay with a dead bottom end.

Edited by UweM3
E61 520d, slow and buzzy but my wallet likes the mpg.....
Floody View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Floody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-February-2008 at 21:56

Uwe,

I hear what you are saying,Not driven the car since the bottom end went apart from the "odd Start up but as it has gone from 0.99 to over 3k on Fleabay on its first day I think I wil let it run!

I just wish I had the space to sort it.Dont realy want to sell I just dont have the facilities. I will regret this one day (I am now) I would rater see the car back on the road than sat doing nothing.Think you will understand

Edited by Floody
Mark E30 M3 RHD!!! now sold !!! still crying!!!!
E36 318 is in technoviolet, for sale
Thank's for the photo Coasting, Flood's on tour!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic