Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > General E30
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked325i sport verification

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dekra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 325i sport verification
    Posted: 13-February-2008 at 17:45
hello all bm fans .i am going to look at 325isport what is the best way of making sure car is a real sport apart from usuall seats body kit ect. does vin nomber have different letters for sport models .any ideas much appricated.
530d 540i
Sponsored Links

Daveco View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2008 at 18:06
What year is the car?
GS.ie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GS.ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2008 at 18:14

Go to www.e30owners.com/forums and ask the same question. Its an Irish E30 forums and full of info etc. 

Michael O Leary is to blame for poor people feeling they have the right to travel.
dekra View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dekra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2008 at 18:27
thanks gs will do. the car is 89

Edited by dekra
530d 540i
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-February-2008 at 10:08
The visible clue that most peolple do not change is the roof lining, sports have a black roof lining , but if you take the VIN to a BMW dealer they should be able to tell you the exact spec of the car. HTH

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
cis coupe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cis coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-February-2008 at 16:08
 hi dekri it will have sports in the log book ie 325ci sport; im not sure about the e 30 but the e 46 does, the black lining is right from above,also it depends on the spec when new ie seats,mirrirs,engine etc.
dekra View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dekra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-February-2008 at 17:48
thanks lads .no point spending the cash if its not real.
530d 540i
Simon325i sport View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon325i sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-February-2008 at 20:35
Black headlining, can be retro fitted, and sport ca be added to the logbook, only 100% way of finding out is a check with BMW.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic