Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Central Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhere are U all?????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where are U all?????
    Posted: 12-November-2003 at 20:15

I've been arranging events for over 4 years now, every month, and most of the people on this forum have never been to any of them.

So why should I arrange any more???????????

Next year I plan at least 4 Sunday events and it will be interesting to see who comes.

Bet there will be few, if any car club members.

We like driving, eating and visiting interesting places.

There are a regular group from around the country who come along and you are all most welcome.

Last night there were 3 Z3s, a 328 and a Porsche Turbo.

Fun drive and a jazz night with food.    

Sponsored Links

B 7 VP View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2003 at 09:34
Sorry Phil , bit of a nightmare from South central traffic for evenings.Please advise the 2004 weekend details ASAP, so we can plan ahead.
Stone-IslandV8 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2003 at 21:19
Agree with John above.

Unfortunately a hectic job means evenings and weekend family time are at a premium and whilst the wife and I love driving and food and interesting places, we do have to consider a 4 year old and a 5 month old. I try and get out whenever time allows and do attend the ace cafe meets, national event and the MK meets.

My feelings stated earlier are that the region is too big but might it be worth organising local-ish meets and mini-events and then , say every 3 months or so, a whole region meet?

John
Gentlemen I may not have a brain but I do have an idea

Past; E39 540T/E46 328CI/ E39 535/ E39 520/ E36 M3/ E36 318iS jet black Mtech/ E46 320d/ E36 318iS diamond black/ E36 318iS blue Mtech kit
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2003 at 22:05
Phil,
As you know we spoke about this weeks meet at the Horseshoes, but it didn't start till 8.30pm, when I've been at work all day, and to start eating and drinking at that time of night, and then have to drive home was not for me, sorry.

BUT, if you organise something for the weekend - thats different - I'll try and come to that.

(If it doesn't clash with my motor-racing. Hey-Hoe, what a lfe we lead!!??
Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Simon325i sport View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2003 at 15:55

Hi all im new to the forum but been a member for a couple of months now.

Im registered under the central region but living in south wales means im a bit out of the way for mid week meets, but as for any weekend meets in the future keep us posted, i would be interested.

Badger 540 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2003 at 19:47

Hi Phil. I have only been a member for a few months now, but would like to say thanks for your past organisation of events and for the future ones.  I used to be an area centre organiser so I know what a thankless task it sometimes becomes.

I spoke to you on the phone yesterday about Midland meetings. I agree with other forum contributors that an evening meet can sometimes be difficult to attend, so a Sunday one I'm sure would be better attended.

My activities with other car clubs have shown certain trends. The localised area centres are happy with an evening meeting, but clubs that cover a much larger area have better turn outs on a Sunday.

At this time of the year you don't see much of the other member's cars in the evenings (too dark man !!)  so a daytime meet is better for ogling the competition !!

Look forward to seeing some dates and hope to get to the next (last??) evening meeting !

Cheers

Andy  540i   Birmingham

Badger540      West Midlands
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic