Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > BMW Motorsport & Track Days Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked2008 Bavarian Board Fantasy F1 League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2008 at 21:12
The lack of traction control should make it interesting also!
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Sponsored Links

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2008 at 10:02

**Look away now if you didn't watch it live!**

2008 FORMULA 1 ING AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX

1 22 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 58 1:34:50.616 1 10
2 3 Nick Heidfeld BMW 58 +5.4 secs 5 8
3 7 Nico Rosberg Williams-Toyota 58 +8.1 secs 7 6
4 5 Fernando Alonso Renault 58 +17.1 secs 11 5
5 23 Heikki Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes 58 +18.0 secs 3 4
6 8 Kazuki Nakajima Williams-Toyota 57 +1 Lap 13 3
7 14 Sebastien Bourdais STR-Ferrari 55 +3 Laps 17 2
8 1 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 53 Engine 15 1
Ret 4 Robert Kubica BMW 47 Accident 2
Ret 12 Timo Glock Toyota 43 Accident 18
Ret 18 Takuma Sato Super Aguri-Honda 32 Transmission 19
Ret 6 Nelsinho Piquet Renault 30 Accident damage 20
Ret 2 Felipe Massa Ferrari 29 Engine 4
Ret 9 David Coulthard Red Bull-Renault 25 Accident 8
Ret 11 Jarno Trulli Toyota 19 Electrical 6
Ret 20 Adrian Sutil Force India-Ferrari 8 Hydraulics 22
Ret 10 Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 0 Accident 14
Ret 16 Jenson Button Honda 0 Accident 12
Ret 19 Anthony Davidson Super Aguri-Honda 0 Accident 21
Ret 15 Sebastian Vettel STR-Ferrari 0 Accident 9
Ret 21 Giancarlo Fisichella Force India-Ferrari 0 Accident 16
DSQ 17 Rubens Barrichello Honda 58 +52.4 secs 10

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2008 at 12:18

Originally posted by 540 V8 540 V8 wrote:

Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint. Motoring maniacs will get ya! Mike

Mike, you'd better hope so - after the first race I'm still leading the mini-league 

(and 57th out of 1810 overall)

Edited by thepits

But don't care.
Peter Fenwick View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2008 at 17:55

Well I'm in 3rd so not too shabby.

Pits, your lead won't last long...

Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2008 at 19:09

Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

The lack of traction control should make it interesting also!

Your not kidding! wow that was somethin' else.

It seems the FIA have made the sport more dangerous without Traction Control (irony is, the FIA changed the cars back in 2004 IIRC from V10's to V8's because they deemed it too dangerous) go figure

(Note for Pitsy: although there was a limited V10 racing the next season)

I honestly think Kimi had a hangover  I couldn't believe he tried to overtake Kovaleinen on turn three late braking without engine traction control, when all he needed to do was just stick with him as the pit strategies would have panned out in his favour.

Well done though to Quick Nick and especially Nico Rosberg, who had a solid race 

Rookie, Sebastian Bourdais was my man of the race, pity the car let him down on the 3rd last lap (yet another ferrari engine failure!)

540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2008 at 19:54
Originally posted by thepits thepits wrote:

Mike, you'd better hope so - after the first race I'm still leading the mini-league 

Like I said.........

Hamilton was doing well through most of last saeson and look where he and Mclaren ended up. Anything can happen.

I did think it seperated the real drivers from the wannabees though. I think Hamilton drove impeccably and the lead he kept pulling out was fantasic. He'd already pitted 2 of the times when the safety car came out but whereas others tried to use it to their advantage, he just made use of the ground he'd already made up and kept pushing getting the fastest lap and overall average speed and he's how young?   Definatley a Schumacher without the attitude and arrogance!

The rule changes have brought back the excitement that used to have me watching Senna, Prost, Hill etc. Those days are back and I'm already looking forward to the next race!

The whole race kept me glued from start to finish. All three drivers who made the podium thouroughly deserved to be there although it's a shame about Raikkonen but these things happen. I did laugh at the Ferrari's though .

I already predict the top three teams this year as:

1. McLaren

2. BMW

3. Honda/Ferrari

And of course Hamilton as champ!!

Mike

Edited by 540 V8

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2008 at 20:11

Oh pitsy, you forgot to mention who is first based on points won during the race and second overall!  You being a miser could be your undoing. If I keep scoring at the same rate compared to you, your lead will be short lived.

Mike

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
E28 525e auto-Standard
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2008 at 09:53
Originally posted by Rossi Rossi wrote:

I honestly think Kimi had a hangover  I couldn't believe he tried to overtake Kovaleinen on turn three late braking without engine traction control, when all he needed to do was just stick with him as the pit strategies would have panned out in his favour.

Rossi... fairly academic when the engine lets go.... as did all the ferrari's/ferrari engined cars that made it past the first lap.

Definately a case of Fix It Again Tuesday! they need to sort it out... bring back Todt.

Wouldn't discount Ferrari just yet.... remember last years.

Edited by Sporty1

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2008 at 09:54

Look again.

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2008 at 09:56

Will the Team owner of AAAAArdvarrkF1 and super kacak reveal him/herself.

If you don't the team will be removed

Edited by Sporty1

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2008 at 10:03

Originally posted by Sporty1 Sporty1 wrote:

lets see how this all pans out tomorrow, when fuel loads will be revealed.

Remember that the regs have changed, no fuel top-top anymore after Q3 - so the grid reflects the fuel they have left to start the race.

Should be interesting

There's just no fuel burn anymore, fuel for the top ten is still 'locked off', and going from when they first stopped Kubica's car was lighter than Lewis', but he wasn't far behind, 2 laps, while Heikki stopped IIRC 4 laps after Lewis?, so who had the faster outright pace?

Edited by Sporty1

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2008 at 10:32

Definatley a Schumacher without the attitude and arrogance!

Yeah... how does he describe himself?

'As your average guy'.

Well question.... how can someone who has been groomed since he was 11 by Ron Dennis and Mclaren be 'your average guy'. If he wasn't doing well then there would be something wrong.

Is that not arrogance?

Edited by Sporty1

Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2008 at 19:22

Definately a case of Fix It Again Tuesday! they need to sort it out... bring back Todt.

The p!$$ poor performance of the ferrari's proves they are missing Jean Todt.

As I am led to believe, Ross Brawn is taking a back seat just now, to take in how Honda F1 Racing operates and then implement changes where he deems necessary. Watching this one with interest.

Had to laugh at Barrichello's disqualification for running a red light in the pit lane tho when the safety car was out on track, shame though, he was doing quite well...

come on then, reveal yourselves AAAAArdvarrkF1 and super kacak  

540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2008 at 22:16

Definatley a Schumacher without the attitude and arrogance!

Yeah... how does he describe himself?

'As your average guy'.

Well question.... how can someone who has been groomed since he was 11 by Ron Dennis and Mclaren be 'your average guy'. If he wasn't doing well then there would be something wrong.

Is that not arrogance?

Nope, i'd call that modesty. The guy has a talent and doesn't rub anyone elses nose in it. What he's saying is, apart from the fact he's in F1, outside of that he's a normal guy. He's not a primadonna. It's like in football, look at players like Thierry Henry and Michael Owen, both enjoyed excellent careers in football but both played it down and insisted they are just doing what they enjoy, the fact they are good at it is merely a bonus. Sheepwhacker on the other hand was good and told everyone so, that is arrogance.

I suppose it's possible he plays down his arrogance using his modesty but if you ever catch a glimpse of the documentary "the billion dollar man" (I think that's what it's called!) it shows Lewis from his early days and even a day on Blue Peter, racing a radio controlled car at the age of about 8. A psychiatrist analyses his facial expression and reaction throughout and says even at such a young age he shows signs of ultimate composure and the desire to win which is very rare for a child. She said as far back as a young boy, he already had a winning formula built in, long before he met Ron Dennis. If the show is ever repeated, I recommend it!

Mike

E28 525e auto-Standard
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2008 at 09:55

@ Rossi..... The AAAAArdvarrk is known, but as it was done by PM I believe anominity is desired for the time being at least.

super kacak has yet to reveal him/herself.

@ Mike when your seven times F1 world champion you can afford to be a little arrogant, just as Henry is when he's put one in the net..... where has Lewis acquired his in car celebration from? The fist pumping........ looks very 'Sheepwhacker' as you put it, to me, and where has he gone to live?...... and we know he can also thrown his toys out of his pram we saw that last year although he is, on the face of it, more gracious in defeat.

If he's an 'average guy' then you and I, and everyone on this forum are well below average............. he's far from your average guy. 

BTW... did you sort out the miss fire on the engine.

Edited by Sporty1

540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2008 at 16:09

@ Mike when your seven times F1 world champion you can afford to be a little arrogant, just as Henry is when he's put one in the net..... where has Lewis acquired his in car celebration from? The fist pumping........ looks very 'Sheepwhacker' as you put it, to me, and where has he gone to live?...... and we know he can also thrown his toys out of his pram we saw that last year although he is, on the face of it, more gracious in defeat.

If he's an 'average guy' then you and I, and everyone on this forum are well below average............. he's far from your average guy. 

BTW... did you sort out the miss fire on the engine.

I can see your point, I still hate sheepwhacker though!

On that programme I mentioned, the psychologist said the thumping the air in triumph is a show of a desire to win and the relief and determination put into the race. Another part of the winning formula. I guess you've either got it or you ain't!

As for the misfire, to be honest, I keep forgetting about it. You tend not to notice it in a V8 lol!  I am getting a set of plugs this weeka nd finding a free weekend to do them all, fingers crossed.......

Mike

E28 525e auto-Standard
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2008 at 16:39

I still hate sheepwhacker though!

Mike

That's fine, Im not asking you to like the guy, but you have to admit he knows how to drive....... a very interesting scenario would be Hamilton V's Schumacher in the same equipment... may be when Schumacher was a little more in his prime.

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2008 at 15:49

Even less chance of that happening now........

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/3/7510.html

540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2008 at 21:57

Even less chance of that happening now........

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/3/7510.html

So he's now got an easy life, takin a backseat but still getting paid BIG bucks! lucky sod, how the other half live!

I too would like to see Schuey take on Hamilton that would be very interesting. I think Hamilton will be just as great if not better.

Mike

E28 525e auto-Standard
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2008 at 22:14

Quote A new three-year presidency for di Montezemolo was also confirmed at the meeting held in Maranello.

They're doomed then.

(chiunque visto quel pneumatico di quarto? era qui un momento fa!)

But don't care.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
  Share Topic