Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General BMW & Bavarian-Board Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI’m back.....again lol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I’m back.....again lol
    Posted: 18-February-2008 at 15:06
Hi everybody

I'm back if not a bit puzzled I used to be on the bmw car club uk but upon trying to log in was told i wasn't a paid up member anyway i find this place, try and register only to find i am already registered??? As you can see from my post count i'm not new here!

Anyway, if anyone still remembers, about 3 or 4 years ago i used to have an e34 535i sport. I went to a meet in essex with a few fine people, who i hope are still around?? Pic here to remind you (mine is the nearest) ->

After several attempts at getting back into a bmw i have finally bought myself an e36 316i saloon. It needs some cosmetic work plus the damn tickover is a bit iffy. I'm not surprised though as the car has done 240,000 miles

Pic ->

I'll catch ya laterz

1995 520i se auto 24v saloon
Sponsored Links

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2008 at 15:15
Welcome home speedy.
This forum used to be the BMW Club's forum until they wanted to close it off (long story).
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
speedy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2008 at 15:26
Oh so thats what it was, confused the hell out of me when i found i was already registered on a forum i'd never been on before lol.

Yep back for good this time. Shall check the meets pages, i miss the atmosphere

540 V8 View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-February-2008 at 20:26

Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

Welcome home speedy.
This forum used to be the BMW Club's forum until they wanted to close it off (long story).

That's ok KB, there's plenty of time and we all like a good story LOL!

Anyway speedy, still the nice bunch of folk on here, the odd change but definatley for the better. However, feel free to still join the BMWCC forum which is absolutely buzzing with activity, infact it's like the grand launch of Gareth Gates' new album

ttfn

Mike

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
speedy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2008 at 10:22
I would join the forum but i have to join the club first, not something i'm willing to do unless i can chat with a few people and get to know the club again. Not a clever idea really but that's just my opinion.

PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
East Anglia BMWCC Regional Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2008 at 11:12

Hello mate! Good to see you back in a beemer! Club activity is terrible in the EA region at the mo - tend to get more from outside the club than in it! I am still on the case though

Paul

95 E34 530i V8 Auto Maldives Blue
speedy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2008 at 11:49
Originally posted by e34silver530i e34silver530i wrote:

Hello mate! Good to see you back in a beemer! Club activity is terrible in the EA region at the mo - tend to get more from outside the club than in it! I am still on the case though

Paul

Glad to hear you're on the case. Is D12TRE and co still around?

Edited by speedy
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2008 at 12:55

Originally posted by speedy speedy wrote:

Hi everybody

Wow, those are some tiny garages !!!

speedy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-February-2008 at 14:56
Originally posted by Cambell Cambell wrote:

Hi everybody

Wow, those are some tiny garages !!!

I call them our beach huts
PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-February-2008 at 09:18

Originally posted by e34silver530i e34silver530i wrote:

Paul

Glad to hear you're on the case. Is D12TRE and co still around?

I've spoken to Colin (pockets) a couple of times, D12TRE still hasn't got another beemer after he was hit by a stolen range rover, but they're still doin ok.

Paul

speedy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-February-2008 at 09:35
Don't have to have a beemer to turn up though 
speedy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-June-2010 at 20:40
Two years have passed since my E36 blew up and ended up on the scrap heap. In that time i have been driving a jeep cherokee, and now i am back in a beemer, and back in an E34. Just taken ownership of a 1995 520i 24v auto....

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-June-2010 at 22:27
With metric wheels ?
Best Wishes

Nigel

PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-June-2010 at 11:12
Nice one speedy!! 

speedy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-June-2010 at 18:25
I gather it shouldn't have metric wheels? It is an SE if that's why they're fitted.

Edited by speedy
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-June-2010 at 22:30

I gather it shouldn't have metric wheels? It is an SE if that's why they're fitted.

The wheels, like most things BMW were an option.

Wheels and tyres are an odd thing, we measure the width and tread depth in mm, but the diameter of the wheel in inches.

In the 90's, it was decided we'd do the lot in mm's, only it didn't catch on, so I think you're only left with one tyre make now, and they're not very good by todays standards, and rather expensive.

My present E34 had metrics on when I bought it, I got a set of 6 standard fit "X" spokes from flea bay for £60 ....including two good tyres lol

I'd suggest you might want to do something similar, but it's your shout of course

Edited by Nigel
Best Wishes

Nigel

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-June-2010 at 23:08
There was a thread on here recently where someone was dumping a set with what were (IIRC) reasonable rubbers on them.
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
speedy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2010 at 09:51
Originally posted by Nigel Nigel wrote:

The wheels, like most things BMW were an option.

Wheels and tyres are an odd thing, we measure the width and tread depth in mm, but the diameter of the wheel in inches.

In the 90's, it was decided we'd do the lot in mm's, only it didn't catch on, so I think you're only left with one tyre make now, and they're not very good by todays standards, and rather expensive.

My present E34 had metrics on when I bought it, I got a set of 6 standard fit "X" spokes from flea bay for £60 ....including two good tyres lol

I'd suggest you might want to do something similar, but it's your shout of course

Michelin must still be doing them as it has a pair of nearly new michelin tyres on the back. I remember when i owned an e28 back in 1990, that had michelin TRX tyres and were expensive buggers then.

My fave alloys are the M5 ones, but finances cannot stretch that far. Then again the tyres on it now all have loads of life yet, so have time to keep an eye out.

540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2010 at 20:38

Welcome home speedy.

Are you sitting comfortably? then lets begin.........

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-June-2010 at 22:46

Originally posted by 540 V8 540 V8 wrote:

Welcome home speedy.

Are you sitting comfortably? then lets begin.........

LOL, just ask how many of the original moderating/admin team are still in the bmwcc gb

I think it's only Dunc

Edited by Nigel
Best Wishes

Nigel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic