Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 5 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked1995 E34 540i Manual - running and idling...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crispy-d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-October-2008 at 18:29
Hello again,

Well I've put in the new lambda sensors, changed all the spark plugs (the old ones were changed last October, so weren't that old) and changed the air filter and the car has never run better!! The idle is spot on - near perfect and sounds good and there's no hesitation anymore. Hopefully it'll pass the emissions too, but I'll do an oil change next just to help with that.

There's also noticeably more power and it's much more sharp - that'll be the shiny new spark plugs! And I also notice at low revs it is far more responsive and smooth so I presume the lambdas have something to with that!

So if your lambdas are original then change them, as although it'll cost you ~£99 it certainly makes for a nicer ride - with mine at least, which was not quite running right.

Right, MOT then...

Ciao for now,

Crispin
BMW E39 M5 - 2002
Land Rover 110 4.0 V8 - 1986
BMW E39 530d Manual SE - 2001
BMW E34 540i 6 Speed Manual - 1995
Volvo S90 3.0 CD - 1997
Volvo 460 Si Turbo - 1995
Volvo 340 GL - 1989
Sponsored Links

540 V8 View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-October-2008 at 21:14

Nice one Crispin, glad to hear you got it sorted! Maybe that's the niggly problem with my car. I might give it a try at some point but it'snot so urgent that I need toempty my wallet just yet, especially having 3 kids, 2 birthdays and christmas fast approaching! I have my MOT in february so in the new year I'll give that a go then.

Cheers

Mike

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic