Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > General Motors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedcan’t remove indicator stalk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mashedpot8er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can’t remove indicator stalk
    Posted: 17-May-2008 at 20:37
Hi all. Newbie alert !! :)  I'm trying to take the indicator stalk off of a 1973 E3 3.0 si. I have removed the lower stearing column cover and can undo one screw, but the top half of the coloumn cover is hiding the upper screw. I'm stuck as to how I can get to the bugger. I have agonised over it for a few weeks now, but cannot see a way of doing it. Maybe I need to take the whole stearing column out, but I really hope not as I'm a relative newcomer to mechanics.

Any help would be very well received as I need to get the car mot'd to get it on the road. I can take photos tomorrow if it helps at all. Cheers.
Sponsored Links

mashedpot8er View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mashedpot8er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2008 at 00:10
Quick Update: Took off stearing wheel + Boss. Screw was easy to get to ............doh. He he. As I said, Newbie.

Worth mentioning that the really nice fellas at Jaymic told me what to do. They seem like a fantastic bunch, from my dealings with them so far.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic