Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedProject Alpina Rep

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
"It’s F*cked"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big pimpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Project Alpina Rep
    Posted: 18-May-2008 at 23:26

Picked this up today....the latest project!

Chas, can you guess what it is?

Edited by big pimpin
E90 320d - M635 CSi - 635CSi Highline - GMC Typhoon - 4.6 P38
Sponsored Links

coupe king View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coupe king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2008 at 08:40

A B2.5?

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coupe king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2008 at 08:41
A 316 with alpina bits? lol
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2008 at 09:31
Hope thats not the Alpina Rep from new with engine probz that was for sale as Chas is going to rip you to bits
Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
big pimpin View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
"It’s F*cked"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big pimpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2008 at 10:00

Originally posted by Pete330 Pete330 wrote:

Hope thats not the Alpina Rep from new with engine probz that was for sale as Chas is going to rip you to bits

It may well be Pete!

I might be on the lookout for an M50(2) 2.5 or 2.8 motor as I think I cooked it on the way home!

Edited by big pimpin
Chas C View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Nothing new under the sun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chas C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2008 at 10:12

I'm not aware of the car Pete mentioned but the absence of a plaque and incorrect badge positioning makes me very dubious.  I haven't seen the analogue clock since my '92 320 days so I'm guessing it's an older model ('93/'94?).  It has the nice climate option but few other goodies - no cruise or DSC and the seats look standard too, albeit leather.

It's Lagoon Green (as was my first E36) which is still a very nice colour.  There used to be a Lagoon B2.5 and a Lagoon B3 in Aberdeen but I haven't seen them for a while.  I don't think this is either of them.  At least the Alpina wheels, gear-knob and mats are genuine!

I need to see the exhaust to be sure but I'd guess it's a 325 with bits on it.  Second guess would be a 320 and final punt would be a four cylinder version.

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
"It’s F*cked"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big pimpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2008 at 10:45

Originally posted by Chas C Chas C wrote:

I need to see the exhaust to be sure but I'd guess it's a 325 with bits on it.  Second guess would be a 320 and final punt would be a four cylinder version.

It is indeed a 2.5 (323) with Alpina bits fitted from new. It's a 1996 car and colour is Boston Green.

Not sure what I'm gonna do with it yet but as I mentioned I think I've KO'd the engine so thats a good enough excuse to find a bigger one!

It drove really nice though and dare I say it better than the M5!

I think that Lagoon Green B2.5 used to belong to a mate of mine as he sold it to someone in Aberdeen.

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2008 at 12:54

Sandy i was going to buy that on the hush

You seem to always beat me to these cars

Then again i changed my mind due to the fact it the omen Green

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv

Current:
116i Sport F20
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2008 at 12:56

I'm not aware of the car Pete mentioned

No i thought you Alpina guys always slag of wanabee Alpina that why i said it

Previous:

Current:
116i Sport F20
Chas C View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chas C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2008 at 14:06

Originally posted by big pimpin big pimpin wrote:

It's a 1996 car and colour is Boston Green.

Nice one!  It doesn't look dark enough in the photos for Boston but that could just be the colour representation on the screen.  Boston replaced Lagoon which is why I thought it was older.

If the engine is dead it should be simple enough (for you!) to drop in a 2.8 or an M3 lump.  Or you could be brave and try a V8 of course

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
"It’s F*cked"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big pimpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2008 at 14:51

It's a 1996 car and colour is Boston Green.

Nice one!  It doesn't look dark enough in the photos for Boston but that could just be the colour representation on the screen.  Boston replaced Lagoon which is why I thought it was older.

If the engine is dead it should be simple enough (for you!) to drop in a 2.8 or an M3 lump.  Or you could be brave and try a V8 of course

It must just be the Huntly Sun that makes it look lighter!

Im gonna check engine codes to see which doner 3's and 5's will work. You haven't seen any B8 sumps or engine mounts on the go have you????

Originally posted by Pete330 Pete330 wrote:

Sandy i was going to buy that on the hush

You seem to always beat me to these cars

Then again i changed my mind due to the fact it the omen Green

Aye Pete you've gotta be quick with the "Green Paper" !

Edited by big pimpin
Chas C View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chas C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-May-2008 at 16:27

Im gonna check engine codes to see which doner 3's and 5's will work. You haven't seen any B8 sumps or engine mounts on the go have you??

Serious rocking horse poo I'm afraid.

How about dropping in the trusty M30 and bolting on a supercharger...

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
"It’s F*cked"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big pimpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2008 at 10:08

Mmmm Oily bits !

After 2 cans of Carlsberg Export and a few skint knuckles I managed to get the head off for inspection last night. I was a bit disappointed as I was expecting more damage than was apparent! I'm assumng the bottom end might have some damage due to the overheating so I'm on the lookout for an M52 Engine (or a cheap S50!)

Oh and the Aircon must have been fully operational as I was blasted with high pressure gas at close range!

Dez25 View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dez25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2008 at 10:40

I'll like the photo with the carlsberg can lol. Nothing better than cooling down with a nice cold beer after a long days labour which looks like you have been doing!

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
"It’s F*cked"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big pimpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2008 at 12:03
Originally posted by Dez25 Dez25 wrote:

I'll like the photo with the carlsberg can lol. Nothing better than cooling down with a nice cold beer after a long days labour which looks like you have been doing!

Yeah can't beat it but I wish I had a day to labour, I started at 7:30 last night and finished at 11:30....it was dark but I was feeling my way to the exhaust manifold nuts anyway.

vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2008 at 13:42
Looks a nice wee project Sandy!!

Can you see what the problem Is?? Head gasket?? Water pump Failure??
Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coupe king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2008 at 14:33
'kin hell mate, drop a 3.5 out of an e34 / e32 in to it as practice then ill pay you to do the same to mine :o)
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coupe king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2008 at 16:03
By the way if you ever need another set of hands while you are doing a conversion on this, just shout! I would love to get to know the dirty bits on an e36 a bit more intimately lol
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
"It’s F*cked"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big pimpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2008 at 08:57

Originally posted by vpricey vpricey wrote:

Can you see what the problem Is?? Head gasket?? Water pump Failure??

Definately nae the pump as it looks fine. Think the Gasket was the problem.

Originally posted by coupe king coupe king wrote:

'kin hell mate, drop a 3.5 out of an e34 / e32 in to it as practice then ill pay you to do the same to mine :o)

Hey Neil, I'm trying to sus out replacement engine options at the moment. The M30's a big old heavy lump, they're cheap but not sure how easy they are to fit. An M50/M52 2.5 or 2.8 looks the simplest option.

I need to work out some figures to decide what I'm gonna do with it.....The Chevy LS1 conversion being at the expensive end of options! I seem to have grown very fond of the V8 burble!

Edited by big pimpin
Crombers View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crombers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2008 at 17:31
You weren't in Kirkintilloch on Thursday night by any chance?  Was waiting on my Chinese appearing and an identical E36 went by.

Alpina B7 E65 Facelift
Alpina B10 V8 Touring (Sold)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic