Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 3 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNewbie advice........

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antneebri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie advice........
    Posted: 10-July-2008 at 10:30
Hello to everyone newbie here.
Just put a deposit down on a 04 320i sport(E46) after doing plenty of 'gennin' up I'm pretty please with the deal.
Just wondering if there is anything I should be looking out for with these babies, its slighty up on miles at 74K but with full BM history I'm not too worried.
Anyway thanks in advance for any replies any advice will be appreciated.

Tony.
Sponsored Links

Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-July-2008 at 12:24
Hi and welcome to the forum. Post some pics up when you get it- I'm sure folks will give you plenty of advice on here about the E46.

V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
killwilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killwilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-July-2008 at 13:51

Hello Tony and welcome to the forum.

I have a 2001 320i E46. Whilst on holiday in the south of France at the end of May the power steering pump packed up (52000) miles. I was without the car for a week and was presented with a bill for 595!! I had no alternative but to have it repaired at a main dealer,no one else would touch it.

I have since read that  this can be a problem on E46 cars.

The blue bullet View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
Surfs Up!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The blue bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-July-2008 at 15:02

Try a search on the forum for known e46 failures. I remember with my old e46 the suspension bits and pieces need doing quite regularly, bushes etc. e46 is a real beauty though.

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum!
antneebri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antneebri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-July-2008 at 21:41
Cheers fellas for that, I'll post a pic when I pick it up,proper lookin forward to it like a big kid, easily please us eh?
By the way blue will the recent BM service have picked up on those possible suspension probs?

killwilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killwilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2008 at 06:48

Originally posted by Rhys Rhys wrote:

Hi and welcome to the forum. Post some pics up when you get it- I'm sure folks will give you plenty of advice on here about the E46.

Out of interest how do you post pictures on this forum? I would like to post one of my car.

Thanks in advance.

Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2008 at 10:22
Originally posted by killwilly killwilly wrote:

Out of interest how do you post pictures on this forum? I would like to post one of my car.

Thanks in advance.

You can upload them to a host such as Flickr etc. All you do then is choose which size to post (recommend about 600 pix wide) and use the button. Later on when you have a few hundred os so posts you can upload direct onto the forum.

If you have any problems just email them to me and I'll try and post them for you.

V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
killwilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killwilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2008 at 12:00

Originally posted by killwilly killwilly wrote:

Thanks in advance.

You can upload them to a host such as Flickr etc. All you do then is choose which size to post (recommend about 600 pix wide) and use the button. Later on when you have a few hundred os so posts you can upload direct onto the forum.

If you have any problems just email them to me and I'll try and post them for you.

Many thanks Rhys.

The blue bullet View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
Surfs Up!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The blue bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2008 at 14:13

Originally posted by antneebri antneebri wrote:

Cheers fellas for that, I'll post a pic when I pick it up,proper lookin forward to it like a big kid, easily please us eh?
By the way blue will the recent BM service have picked up on those possible suspension probs?

I would have thought so alright, another piece of advice: find a good indy in your area to help keep the costs down. BM can be expensive.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic