Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 3 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHelp needed changing engine air filter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacman23555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help needed changing engine air filter
    Posted: 17-July-2008 at 12:30

Well,

Just got new air filter for 00' 320D, went to change it and I cant seem to get the acoustic panel on the engine, nearest the cabin to lift off,there seems to be a screw at the back holding it. The cabin air filter housing is directly over this and makes it very awkward to look in and see whats catching.there is only one screw visable on the cabin air filter housing that looks like it could be removed but I'd guess theres more than 1 screw holding the cabin filter housing.

ANy suggestions?has anyone done this?is it complicated removing cabin filter housing?

Appreciate any help howsoever minor.

Tommy

E 46 BMW 320D '00
Sponsored Links

Fooljam View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fooljam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-July-2008 at 20:41
Originally posted by pacman23555 pacman23555 wrote:

Well,

Just got new air filter for 00' 320D, went to change it and I cant seem to get the acoustic panel on the engine, nearest the cabin to lift off,there seems to be a screw at the back holding it. The cabin air filter housing is directly over this and makes it very awkward to look in and see whats catching.there is only one screw visable on the cabin air filter housing that looks like it could be removed but I'd guess theres more than 1 screw holding the cabin filter housing.

ANy suggestions?has anyone done this?is it complicated removing cabin filter housing?

Appreciate any help howsoever minor.

Tommy

A bit bitchy to remove, take your time and make sure you put it back properly.

Procedure
pacman23555 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacman23555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2008 at 11:56

cheers fooljam,

changed it at wkend no hassle whatsoever,

Thanks again

E 46 BMW 320D '00
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic