FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedM635/E28 M5 front caliper pistons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
m3Cecotto View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3Cecotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M635/E28 M5 front caliper pistons
    Posted: 27-July-2008 at 22:23
As we know the pistons for the front calipers on the E24 M635 and the E28 M5 are NLA, though the seal kits are available.  Where do they get the pistons for the new calipers that are available?

I am currently investigating have some remade.  I have access to  the necessary facilities and we are making test pieces at the moment.

To assess the viability or otherwise, who would be interested in a set, subject to sensible pricing?

They will be exactly as OEM in terms of material, finish and constitution.

I envisage selling in sets of 8.  I could do them bundled with seal kits - as I have an offer of decent deals on the seal kits from my tame partsman - and I could even do  reconditioned calipers on an exchange basis.

If, subject to pricing, you could be interested in any of these options,  can you drop me an e-mail please (bbeattie at m635.co.uk) or a PM here will do, indicating which option floats your boat highest please.  please pass on to any M88 powered owners you know.

Right now, I have absolutely no idea of pricing - but I'm *hoping* to get a set of pistons in at under £100GBP - and a pair of exchange recon calipers at less than the cost of one new one.
1981 E23 735i
1989 E30 325i Motorsport Cabrio
1989 E24 635CSi Motorsport Edition

Bavarian Retro Cars
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic