Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > BMW Related News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedArticle: 2009 BMW M6 ZCP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Article: 2009 BMW M6 ZCP
    Posted: 31-July-2008 at 21:46
Quote Along with the list of 2009 model year changes for the entire BMW M range is the introduction of a new ‘Competition Package’ for the M6 Coupe. The latest package includes increases the performance of the already strong car, with an updated chassis, lowered suspension, new aluminum wheels and a restyled bonnet distinguishing the Competition Package from the standard M6.

Updates to the car’s mechanicals include a new active-chassis monitoring system, designed to alter the suspension travel and firmness on the fly. The Competition Package M6 also sits lower than the regular M6, with the front axle down an additional 12mm and the rear sitting 10mm lower. The end result is quicker turn-in and a more direct steering feel.

Visual differences include a new set of aluminum wheels with BMW’s double-spoke design and a revised bonnet with two new character lines.

Also new to the M6 range is the introduction of new side mirrors, electrically powered auxiliary systems such as the air-conditioning, an updated iDrive system and a new carbon-black exterior color option.

source...
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Sponsored Links

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2008 at 22:20

M6 Competition Package (2008): first pictures

By Ben Whitworth

11 August 2008 16:30

BMW has given its top-end 6-series performance models a visual and dynamic boost. The top-drawer M6 is now available with a £2180 Competition Package that drops the front and rear suspension by 12mm and 10mm, retunes the DSC Dynamic Stability Control and ABS settings, and throws in a modified Variable M differential. There are also unique alloys shod with Pirelli P Zero Corsa System rubber and a restyled bonnet.

What about my non-M BMW 6-series?

Available on all non-M derivatives, the new Sport Edition pack – which adds £3650 to the coupe and convertible’s pricing – features bespoke 19-inch alloys, stiffer anti-roll bars (10 percent front, 30 percent rear), a sports exhaust, a more scalloped bonnet, brushed aluminium cabin accents and a wider choice of exterior colours, plus those Pirelli tyres.

Any news on the range-topping BMW X6?

BMW has announced prices and specifications for its new X6 flagship. The £53,930 xDrive50i, which arrives in November, is powered by twin-turbo 4.4-litre V8 petrol that develops 408bhp – good enough for a 60mph sprint in 5.4 seconds and a 155mph limited speed.

Those with an environmental conscience will be pleased to hear that the BMW’s CO2 and combined fuel economy figures of 299g/km and 22.6mpg shame those of the Cayenne GTS (332g/km and 20.3mpg) and Range Rover Sport (374g/km and 17.8mpg). But then everything’s relative…

source...

1997 E39 523i
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2008 at 22:22
and another article on this (and the M3)
Quote BMW M3 and M6 receive further enhancements
11 August 2008

The BMW M6 Coupé is to be offered with a competition package aimed at offering enhanced driving dynamics. The new package features a revised suspension configuration comprising a 12mm lower front end and 10mm lower rear, retuned Dynamic Stability Control and ABS settings, and a modified Variable M differential for greater cornering capability.

Visually, a competition package-equipped M6 Coupé has a new bonnet with precision lines for an increased sporting look and M double-spoke light alloy wheels with wider rims that are shod with new Pirelli P Zero Corsa System tyres. The competition package costs £2,180 in addition to the £84,475 OTR price of a BMW M6 Coupé.

Following the announcement of the new BMW 3 Series Saloon and Touring, the M3 Saloon has also been updated for September. The pinnacle of 3 Series Saloon ownership now gets the same rear end enhancements as the ‘standard’ cars. A new light cluster with integrated LED indicators features alongside changes in the profile of the boot lid and the rear valance. Inside, and a light redesign of the centre console and the introduction of pearlescent chrome switchgear adds an additional tier of refinement.

News of the changes coincides with the introduction of the new iDrive platform on all 3 Series models and the 5 and 6 Series ranges for cars built from September. All 3 Series models now have active head restraints as standard to guard against whiplash injury in a rear end accident.

source...
1997 E39 523i
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic