Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > Detailing & Car Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBlack Dakota Leather gone greyish

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Dakota Leather gone greyish
    Posted: 31-July-2008 at 22:03
I have recently bought a 2004 525D with 72k on clock. Overall its in great condition but I recently treated the leather seats with Poorboys World Leather and the black seems to have "bleached" leaving it kinda greyish and showing up scuffs really well. I got on to the detailing people that sold me my waxes and polishes etc and they said just put more on which I did but still no good. Each additional treatment looks fine when its wet, but when dry same as before.  Anyone else experienced this, and more important, any idea how to get the black original colour back, anyone actually done it to a reasonably new, good condition otherwise seat?
Sponsored Links

Fooljam View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fooljam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2008 at 00:33
My own experience of leather seats cleaning tells me than more you add product more it is difficult to remove it.
you probably have too much product that penetrated the leather, reason why you have got this color.

I personally use Auto Glym leather care and it works great.
Just using very little product and it does the job very well.

Rinse with clear water and change it regularly, you should get your color back. Fingers crossed...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic