Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 7 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedwindscreen/wash wipe stalk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wax-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: windscreen/wash wipe stalk
    Posted: 05-August-2008 at 19:07

Hello

I am new to the forum and have purchased a 1990 e32 totally mint apart from a couple of small things, I cannot get the washer jets to work, I have replaced one of the pumps still no joy, the chap that I bought it off said it was the stalk on the steering column and gave me a used one, but the original one operates the wipers but will not squirt water onto the screen, and for the life of me I cannot get the cowling off from around the steering rack to try whether or not this is the problem by fitting this other stalk, I think the steering wheel may have to come off but can anyone confirm this or else it's going to have to go into a garage, I would be grateful for any help.

Thanks   

Sponsored Links

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-August-2008 at 23:38

Hello, welcome to the forum, your actually reasonably local to me, I'm just down the M5 in Worcester.

I'm unsure about the 7 series, but I've just replaced the wiper/washer stalk, with a second hand one on my 5 series.

On mine there was a plastic screw into a plastic rivet type thing (technical expression ) on both the top & bottom cover (the top one was quite well hidden unless you extended the steering wheel all the way out and looked through the windscreen).

Then , with a slight grunt, the two uncliped and came away reasonably easily..........without having to remove the wheel.

On the five it was possible to wire the stalk in to test it, without having to fit it, or remove the cowels, by removing the drivers glovebox (if fitted), the lower trim by the drivers right knee if it isn't, and you could access the stalk loom plugs and test it was the problem before dismanteling the column shrouds.

Here's hoping the 7 is a similar setup

Best Wishes

Nigel

wax-it View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wax-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-August-2008 at 23:04

Nigel

thanks for reply and help.

Nick

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic