Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedScottish Region at Gaydon - Reports & Pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scottish Region at Gaydon - Reports & Pics
    Posted: 11-August-2008 at 01:32
I'll start with a few pics ...

Lots of cars

Scottish Stand

Scottish Stand (left)

Scottish Stand (right)

M3 Cab (supercharged)

M3

Sponsored Links

nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2008 at 01:32
A couple of cars that took my fancy ...

New Alpina B3 Bi-Turbo

Old School Frazer Nash

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2008 at 01:56

Just home

Spk way later

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2008 at 08:58
Good pix already NeRo. Nice one. Drive back was smooth and seemed to fly past. Averaged over 30mpg and got home in a respectable 5 hours with fuel stop.

Thanks to all those who came along and made the weekend what it was. Special thanks to those who mucked in and helped out with the marshalling. Apologies for the stand confusion at the start - I'll be attempting to sort an accurate map of the arena to help Gaydon/the office next year
HairyHaggis View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2008 at 09:39
Maybe I will make next years 

BMW E36 328is M52B28 - SOLD
BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
Bigian View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2008 at 10:10

Excellent photo's as per no semi clad females.

Weather look mixed but looked like good day.good turn out of cars

Neil at least you did not have to jump over that wee burn this year

Ian

If you can't be good don't get caught
--------------------------
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2008 at 10:13

We got home about 11pm after a good steady drive up. Managed to average a nice 33 mpg which i was happy about. We stopped a couple of times for kfc n coffee with Stevie and bumped into a few folk in the services. I hope everyone got home safely!

What a great weekend we both had. The banter was great and the weather ended up not too bad.

No guesses what the highlight of the weekend for me was!!!!! ..........Apart from seeing Gary n Mark in action that is  I have never laughed so much in ages.......you are outragous boys  

A huge thanks for the ticket to go in the csl round the track  in case no one noticed I totally loved it I just wish I could have had video evidence but it wasnt aloud. The noise was awsome  I am totally hooked and want more..... Knockhill here i come

I didnt take too many photo but once i get the camera out the car I will post them.

Thanks once again to everyone especially to Duncan for being so organised, to Steph for helping with the BBQ, to all you guys n gals for the great company and banter....... roll on next year is all I can say!

Cheers

Issy .........n Jemma

PS. Hats off to Stevie n Tommy for coming shopping with me

Edited by Issy

gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2008 at 10:37
I would just like to say a BIG massive thanks to Issy and Steph for not only cooking those lovely burgers but also for putting up with my younger brother.

You two girls are cracking burds and if it wasn't for the both of you we would all have been skint and starving. So well done and thanks for all you efforts.

A special mention must go to Jemma.....I have never heard of anyone puking at the smell of their own fart... So well done hen, brilliant.

Well done to all how trapped on the day and to Dunc and Shorty for the organising of our stand, by far the best once again.

Edited by gary
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2008 at 10:43

Originally posted by gary gary wrote:

I would just like to say a BIG massive thanks to Issy and Steph for not only cooking those lovely burgers but also for putting up with my younger brother.

You two girls are cracking burds and if it wasn't for the both of you we would all have been skint and starving. So well done and thanks for all you efforts.

A special mention must go to Jemma.....I have never heard of anyone puking at the smell of their own fart... So well done hen, brilliant.

Well done to all how trapped on the day and to Dunc and Shorty for the organising of our stand, by far the best once again.

You are more than welcome maybe we will have our burger van by next year

BTW Just thank your lucky stars you didnt have to come home in the car with her......I should get a medal for that

nessiemark View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nessiemark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2008 at 11:27

Thanks to all I had a cracking time, not sure I want to sleep with Gary again though the squirrel nearly got me at 4am.

My poor son has been traumatised by you lot!!!!!.  He has learned a whole new vocabulary that him mum is not impressed with.

Thanks again, brilliant.

E36 M3 GT sold

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2008 at 11:30
Originally posted by nessiemark nessiemark wrote:

He has learned a whole new vocabulary that him mum is not impressed with.

I blame the uncle
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2008 at 11:39
Gary - what a shame embarrassing Jemma like that 

How about we make fun of you and your wee freckle

gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2008 at 11:44
Originally posted by nero nero wrote:

<span style="font-weight: bold;">Gary</span> - what a shame embarrassing Jemma like that How about we make fun of you and your wee freckle

Oh that's below the belt (boom boom)
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2008 at 11:46

Thanks to all I had a cracking time, not sure I want to sleep with Gary again though the squirrel nearly got me at 4am.

My poor son has been traumatised by you lot!!!!!.  He has learned a whole new vocabulary that him mum is not impressed with.

Thanks again, brilliant.

Your lucky it was just the squirrel mate.....The freckle was eager to come out and play.

shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2008 at 12:11

Gee !!!! what a weekend

HIGH POINTS :-

The drive down , the "Crack" on Friday & Sat night ( i will defo be a "Friday & Sat " night man from now on !!! )

Meeting all the guy's & girls you speak to on here but never have a chance to meet ( Note to guy's from North East " Yez are cannie lad's like !!!" spoke in my very best Geordie accent !!!  )

My "Blast" on the track with the bloke from "Thornley" motor sport , it was his own car so i thought this is going to be pants as he won't "boot it " ......... did he heck !!!!!! 145 mph on the straights !!! Awsome !!!

Also  getting a phone call on the way down to tell me i had got the job that i was interviewed for on Thursday before i left for Gaydon

Finding out that Jemma "P" can puke at the smell of her own farts ( you should be on the T.V  program  "Britain's Got Talent" as that is a unique talent indeed !!! )

Going shpping with Issy, Stevie , Paul , Steph , & Neil for "Supply's"........ They must have thought we were the wierdest "Family" they had ever seen !!!

LOW POINTS :-

Radiator over heating AGAIN  !!!!  

Poor Service at the restaurant on Friday night

Poor quality of food at restaurant on Friday night

I did take some pic's & will try to get what i can on here a.s.a.p

Thanks too all who made my weekend agood one

Edited by shorty
mikem View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2008 at 12:23

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome and letting me tag along on the way down Sat, still wasn`t feeling great after the chicken pox but glad I went. I had a lot of friends there from the NE region so spent most of the time catching up with them but did get chance to speak to a few of you guys aswell, Gary your a madman, we could do with a lot more coppers like you. For anyone who didn`t make it onto the test track heres a video recorded from a friends car, if you look closely you might just spot Duncan in my passenger seat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPQm69Jn7Mw&feature=relat ed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl8ZCESEIag&feature=relat ed

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2008 at 13:09
Originally posted by mikem mikem wrote:

Duncan in my passenger seat.

Cheers for the run out in your car I was VERY impressed with the quality of the power delivery and it was a rare opportunity to be alongside some cars with properly daft horsepower at full chat. Being passed by a BTCC car is some experience!

I'm not convinced by the format of the track time itself TBH as I felt there was real potential for a nasty incident given the fleet of cars in close proximity at 100mph+
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2008 at 13:23
Track piccies - www.4x4navigation.com
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2008 at 14:05

Originally posted by Webdunk Webdunk wrote:

Track piccies - www.4x4navigation.com

Thanks Duncan

Spot the cheesy grin of the passenger in the csl in the front row, right hand side in the 10.30 photos

Edited by Issy

Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2008 at 15:18

Thanks again, brilliant.

Mark was great to meet you at last after hearing so much about you  Jemma thought the 2 of you were hillarious.......i will send the therapy bill to you both later!

Edited by Issy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic