Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Website Forum > Website Announcements & Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHelp With Site Improvements?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2008 at 20:22
Originally posted by Rossi Rossi wrote:

yes it's very easy to criticize..good luck then!

If an idea is 5h1t then it deserves criticism
///2000 E39 M5 Imola Red/// NO MORE

una volta lei ha avuto l'italiano lei non andr mai tedesco di nuovo haha
Sponsored Links

Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2008 at 23:55
I think it should be members only that can post on the forum.. Oh hang on.. Oops - forgot where I was then...

Lots of good suggestions so far

Howabout a 'shout box'? Bit like a cut down version of a chatroom but on the forum itself?
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2008 at 23:56
Originally posted by Rhys Rhys wrote:

Howabout a 'shout box'? Bit like a cut down version of a chatroom but on the forum itself?

So is it a thread or a chatroom or what?
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2008 at 14:18
Wikipedia definition of Shoutbox

Looking at the definition above, I'm don't think it is the way forward?

We already have a chatroom for those interested and there's always MSN or Yahoo Messengers as an alternative.

PaulG1991 View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulG1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2008 at 14:40
good old wikipedia. i agree, i think this would just attract spam to the site. seems like a good chatroom. hows about a car of the month feature? a members car on the homepage with all the ins and outs? also is there going to be merchandise available?
316i Compact
540 V8 View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2008 at 22:44

I think the forum works well as it is but I'm only saying that because I can't think of anything  If I do, I'll post it here!

Mike

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2008 at 23:42

I think the forum works well.

Its a free forum, funded by Killian, donations, & advertising.

It isn't affiliated to any real world club, so I think prizes are out of the question, even merchandise comes expensive to have sitting around at home waiting for someone that wants a T shirt, sticker etc.

There is a wealth of knowledge on here, and by and large a very good posting record.

Group hug for K I think !

Best Wishes

Nigel

ricfeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricfeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2008 at 11:16

Good site. Not much to do with it.

Would say that the events page needs to be updated. Think 2006 is the last time it was!

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2008 at 14:30
"WE" dont actually have any events of our own (unless they've not been inviting me)  
Best Wishes

Nigel

ricfeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricfeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2008 at 15:38

Well who puts them posts up for events up on the bmwcarsclubireland site.

Why don't 'ye' have some events of yur own.

Peter Fenwick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2008 at 17:01

I like the forum as it is and don't think it needs any changes.

Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
Nick View Drop Down
BMWCC Area Organiser Yorks & Humber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2008 at 19:19
There is one thing that would help me a lot.

I post my trackdays and meets on nearly all the BMW forums.. a lot of the others have a quick link to go to "see my posts" which I find very useful.

I still think that the regional pages need to go.. it's only us and the BMW Car Club that have them.. it makes it far too busy looking.. just one 'whats on in your area' would be fine - so long as everyone puts the location in the topic line.. such as 'Club Night - Howden - Yorkshire' it would be plain for all to see if its for them or not.

Thats my 2d.

Nick

Edited by Nick
540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2008 at 21:40

Originally posted by Nick Nick wrote:

There is one thing that would help me a lot.

I post my trackdays and meets on nearly all the BMW forums.. a lot of the others have a quick link to go to "see my posts" which I find very useful.

I still think that the regional pages need to go.. it's only us and the BMW Car Club that have them.. it makes it far too busy looking.. just one 'whats on in your area' would be fine - so long as everyone puts the location in the topic line.. such as 'Club Night - Howden - Yorkshire' it would be plain for all to see if its for them or not.

Thats my 2d.

Nick

The man has a point! As mentioned, the areas are associated with the BMWCC and this site is in no way affiliated with any such club so why not just have an area which you can list meets and events on?

Mike

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2008 at 22:32

Have you seen the "My Latest Topics" section on the main page? (bottom right)

Thats my 2d.

Nick

Fair enough, but several of the regional forums are quite busy (Irish, Scottish for example).
1997 E39 523i
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2008 at 22:58
Originally posted by ricfeen ricfeen wrote:

Well who puts them posts up for events up on the bmwcarsclubireland site.

That would be me.

However, because of a split with the BMW Club GB's directors, the site hasn't received much effort recently (mainly because they want it!)

Originally posted by ricfeen ricfeen wrote:

Why don't 'ye' have some events of yur own.

What do you plan on organising?
1997 E39 523i
alym786 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alym786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2008 at 02:25
Originally posted by PaulG1991 PaulG1991 wrote:

hows about a car of the month feature? a members car on the homepage with all the ins and outs? 

I like this idea...
E46 328ci now sold :(
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2008 at 12:49
Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

Originally posted by Rhys Rhys wrote:

So is it a thread or a chatroom or what?

I found an example of a Shoutbox on another forum. This one was hosted on the home page only and seems to be infrequently used

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2008 at 13:44
Originally posted by nero nero wrote:

I found an example of a Shoutbox on another forum. This one was hosted on the home page only and seems to be infrequently used ...
...and very exciting
Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Nick View Drop Down
BMWCC Area Organiser Yorks & Humber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2008 at 19:19
Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

Have you seen the "My Latest Topics" section on the main page? (bottom right)

Nope - missed that lot, my browser always takes me straight to 'active topics'.. not been to the main page for ages but I will now.
Thanks
stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2008 at 19:22
I thought the idea of a shoutbox was an environment away from the main forum where you can abuse someone who is acting like a tw*t without the fear of the mods wanting to ban you.

///2000 E39 M5 Imola Red/// NO MORE

una volta lei ha avuto l'italiano lei non andr mai tedesco di nuovo haha
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic