Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Website Forum > Website Announcements & Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHelp With Site Improvements?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2008 at 20:48

Originally posted by stevie53 stevie53 wrote:

I thought the idea of a shoutbox was an environment away from the main forum where you can abuse someone who is acting like a tw*t without the fear of the mods wanting to ban you.

Depends who your abusing, but generally....dream on

Best Wishes

Nigel

Sponsored Links

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2008 at 21:12
Originally posted by Nigel Nigel wrote:

Depends who you're abusing, but generally....dream on

Yeh, if we agree he's a tw*t.......

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
keithc View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-August-2008 at 13:21
Originally posted by Nick Nick wrote:

I still think that the regional pages need to go.. it's only us and the BMW Car Club that have them.. it makes it far too busy looking.. just one 'whats on in your area' would be fine - so long as everyone puts the location in the topic line.. such as 'Club Night - Howden - Yorkshire' it would be plain for all to see if its for them or not.

Thats my 2d.

Nick

Thats what I would think too. If it was more centeralised I think it'd be easier to manage and navigate. Too many choices and it gets confusing at times!
simoneyes View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simoneyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-August-2008 at 14:53
i like the site   have had a look at others but they have quite complicated masks,so didnt appeal to me. im not good with computers so the simplicity of this site was just what i was looking for. shame chatroom is always empty,culd do with a bit of typing practice.
540 V8 View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-August-2008 at 23:12

Originally posted by stevie53 stevie53 wrote:

I thought the idea of a shoutbox was an environment away from the main forum where you can abuse someone who is acting like a tw*t without the fear of the mods wanting to ban you.

Lol, what makes you think they wouldn't anyway??!!

Mike

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
big pimpin View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
"Its F*cked"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big pimpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2008 at 12:30
Dunno if this has already been mentioned but a "view your posts" link like in the e30zone and e36coupe forums is something I find very handy.
E90 320d - M635 CSi - 635CSi Highline - GMC Typhoon - 4.6 P38
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2008 at 13:45
There is already the "My Latest Topics" at the bottom right of the main forum listings page (click the forum banner at the top to get there also).
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-September-2008 at 00:26

Lol, perhaps given some people suggestions a "how to use this forum" section may not go amiss!

Mike

Edited by 540 V8

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-September-2008 at 08:41

I think this is one of the best and easiest forums to use and view.

Please do not change it.  Please do not get rid of the area sections.

I have joined a few forums and confusion sets in with me straight away after logging.

"I'm sorry you need to wait for your application to join this forum to be proccessed by a mod"

dum dee dum few days later

"Please activate your account by clicking here"

Yawn

And then when you do get the green light to post you are confused by the way it lets you do it.

It is nice and laid out well here.  click here for 5 series stuff, click here for 3 series stuff, click here for M stuff.

Other forums were like click here for engine questions, click here for electrical questions.  It is no use grouping together different parts of different cars.  I think it makes it more difficult to use.

I joined a Mercedes forum as my wife has a C Class Coupe and I got a message from a mod asking me to stop posting technical questions without having done a search.

I refused to argue that I had carried out a search (for fear of getting banned) couldn't find the answer so made a new post.

It was about how to check automatic transmission fluid levels so fairly chuffin' important stuff if you ask me and all I got from a mod was "that's been asked before please search before making a new post".   My answer was no it hasn't atleast on that particular type of Merc.   

All the different models of Mercs (which you can imagine there have been a few over the years) were all thrown together under headings like, engine, cooling,  gearbox, electrical.  I wanted one for C Class but there wasn't.

Toyota Celica forum wasn't up to much and some of the Detailing forums I have looked at are not particularly easy to post on or navigate around.

Have a look at my signature, that says it all.

Thanks to Killian for the way this site is run.

End of my 2p worth.

Andrew

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Misty Morning View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Misty Morning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2008 at 20:03

I've been on and belong to a few forums, and this one is far the best in its layout and the way it works.

Not to mention the best emoticons of any site

Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2008 at 20:14
Originally posted by Misty Morning Misty Morning wrote:

I've been on and belong to a few forums, and this one is far the best in its layout and the way it works.

Not to mention the best emoticons of any site

Really...?

Edited by Rhys
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2008 at 20:37

Originally posted by Rhys Rhys wrote:

Originally posted by Misty Morning Misty Morning wrote:

I've been on and belong to a few forums, and this one is far the best in its layout and the way it works. Not to mention the best emoticons of any site

Really...?  

Yes, really .....

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2008 at 22:33

Really...?

Are you having doubts? Maybe I should have left you in the room with Jeff and Andrew that day!

Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-September-2008 at 20:20
Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

Really...?

Are you having doubts? Maybe I should have left you in the room with Jeff and Andrew that day!

Argh! No!! Fate worse than death - even worse than loosing you door key.

(smiley nicked from another forum btw )
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
m5bm View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m5bm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2008 at 20:40
I like this site also but what do you think of this layout, I set it up for the ni-bmw crew when they asked, but then they never used it and now I am banned so its of no use........

http://www.ni-bmw.com/forum

Loving the E38
b318isp View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b318isp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-September-2008 at 14:04
I think the forum works well. KB - I didn't think you had the time to VOLUNTEER to improve it!
m5bm View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m5bm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-September-2008 at 16:59
Originally posted by b318isp b318isp wrote:

I think the forum works well. KB - I didn't think you had
the time to VOLUNTEER to improve it!

What do you mean ? Dont get it.
Loving the E38
b318isp View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b318isp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-September-2008 at 14:44
KB must have time on his hands to initiate the post! He's a busy man.
deeko1973 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deeko1973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-September-2008 at 10:45

Hi,

As a relative newcomer I don't want to sound like I'm criticising .. but compared to other forums I have used in the past I don't find it particularly easy to find what I'm looking for in previous posts. If I do a search for a topic it generally comes up with hundreds of answers which may or may not have anything to do with what I was looking for.

Someone suggested earlier that having a better 'knowledge database' would be an improvement and I agree. I think one of the main headings on the main menu should be 'Problem database' or something like that and have a topic-based breakdown of posts that are logged in the appropriate sub-sections... e.g. Engine/bodywork/mods/ etc... or other headings that are more appropriate...

I know we already have the 'how to' section, but I often don't find any info in there about what I'm looking for, whereas I sometimes find it in other posts... if it was all categorised it would be really useful and would save people (myself included) asking the same question over and over again.

More emphasis seems to be placed on splitting up the forums into car-type or location... which is fun for the local chat etc... but if you're just looking for an answer to a question it doesn't really matter where in the world the answer comes from (apart from obvious car changes in different countries!)...

Anyway.. I do like the forum and find it very useful the way it is!! Just my thoughts...

E46 2000 330i Saloon
Retro-Marc View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retro-Marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2008 at 02:44
Good site very helpful...nothing wrong really

E30 325i Sport - For Sale
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic