Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General BMW & Bavarian-Board Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedInsurance claim..now the fun begins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stone-IslandV8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Insurance claim..now the fun begins
    Posted: 18-August-2008 at 10:04
OK,waited in this morning for an engineer assessor to turn up to check the 328, turns up ok then seems bit miffed cos he asked for a written quote from a repair centre and I said I thought that was what he was doing!

He then started to argue that scratches on the lip between the bumper & bootlid couldnt possibly have been done in the crash and I'm trying to get stuff done for free!!

Anyway, am off to see Nigel at Autospray tomorrow to get the quote...good news is it doesnt seem like a write-off so its repair then sell.
Gentlemen I may not have a brain but I do have an idea

Past; E39 540T/E46 328CI/ E39 535/ E39 520/ E36 M3/ E36 318iS jet black Mtech/ E46 320d/ E36 318iS diamond black/ E36 318iS blue Mtech kit
Sponsored Links

Peter Fenwick View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2008 at 13:56
I didn't realise you had been in a crash. What happened?
Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
Stone-IslandV8 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stone-IslandV8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2008 at 14:16
Me n the kids on way into Bath to pick the missus up, tried to beat the road work delays by going in on a country road, had to stop as lorry n coach were trying to get past each other, guy behind me stopped but the guy behind him didnt bother....smashed into the Panda behind me which careered into the back of me......kids were fine, I got whiplash n sore back n the bumper on the 328 is mullered, dent on bootlid face, scratch on lip between bootld n bumper.

Police n paramedics called. Think both other cars were write-offs. Just had plod on the phone saying they need a full statement as their crash investigator has advised proceedings of dangerous driving against the driver who caused it.

I was driving back from test driving a 528 touring as well

Past; E39 540T/E46 328CI/ E39 535/ E39 520/ E36 M3/ E36 318iS jet black Mtech/ E46 320d/ E36 318iS diamond black/ E36 318iS blue Mtech kit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2008 at 14:22

Bummer. Still if the car isn't a write off then at least you can get it repaired and flog it on.

Are you making an injury claim?

Stone-IslandV8 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stone-IslandV8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2008 at 15:53
Yeah,waiting to see Doc 1st this week...whiplash n bad back plus poss claim for wrecking my wife's birthday n her pressie...the haircut she'd had done while I was driving and subsequently got screwed up cos she was left in Bath in the rain while I was sorting the mess out!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-August-2008 at 17:26
Good luck
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic