Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > BMW Related News
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Never Enough: Dinan to shoehorn 628-hp V10 into BMW M3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNever Enough: Dinan to shoehorn 628-hp V10 into BMW M3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Never Enough: Dinan to shoehorn 628-hp V10 into BMW M3
    Posted: 25-August-2008 at 12:08

Never Enough: Dinan to shoehorn 628-hp V10 into BMW M3

Posted Aug 18th 2008 10:29AM by Noah Joseph
Filed under: Aftermarket, Tuners, BMW

Click to view a hi-res gallery of the BMW M3

Ever meet one of those parents who are never satisfied no matter how well their kids do? The child comes home with a 98% on a school exam and the parent asks "How'd you lose two percent?" Dinan is one of those parents. But instead of overstressed children, Dinan produces overachieving performance automobiles.

Take, for example, the latest M3, which BMW unveiled with a V8 derived from the award-winning 5-liter V10 found in the M5 and M6. The eight replaced the inline-six on the previous model, but instead of remaining content to say "good job on the extra two cylinders", Dinan asks what happened to the extra two from the V10. Not that they would have been happy with the V10, either. On that, Dinan pushed and pushed, boring and stroking out the engine's ten cylinders until they got it up to 5.7 liters and 628 horsepower. Pretty sick, but saddled with the heft of a BMW 5 or 6 Series, Dinan couldn't help but ask what would happen to its pride and joy in a more suitable setting. Word has it now that Dinan is preparing to shoehorn in its 628-hp concoction into the M3's engine bay. Thankfully they'll be lightening it up a little after that, removing some of the bulk from the front end in order to keep the weight balance in check. We can't wait to see what it can achieve.

Gallery: 2008 BMW M3

[Source: autoblog.com from  Modified Luxury & Exotics]

Dinan Website
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Sponsored Links

simoneyes View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simoneyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-August-2008 at 13:29
wow  i want one   cant afford one but i want one    this car is proper hard 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic