Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > Detailing & Car Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDetailing taken to the extreme

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Detailing taken to the extreme
    Posted: 29-August-2008 at 12:18

http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173150

You know the dieblond who detailed his VXR straight from the showroom and got in the expensive paint correction cuy "paul" or something. Well he detailed his new car straight from the dealership again.

But he also detailed a

Dyson

Dave Ryle

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -- George Bernard Shaw
Sponsored Links

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2008 at 12:22
cool 
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
steven.seed View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.seed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2008 at 13:03

Nice job,   I wonder if he'll do my ball (dyson that is )

The blokes a top hat,  effin shirt front  

1998 E36 318iS Saloon   
1989 E30 318i. Coupe
2000 E39 520i Touring

Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2008 at 13:06

Oh dear. 

I have just joined that forum! D'oh

I remember the detailing post about the Astra and the genral concensous was that "It's just an Astra FFS!"

And my neighbours think I'm bad at washing the car once a week but

"i clean my wheels at least 4 maybe 5 times a week and to do these took me 90 minutes from start to finish ...."

and

"i spotted a tiny little brown stain which had been bugging me"

Hmm curious! 

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2008 at 13:44
Originally posted by Detailer Detailer wrote:

"i clean my wheels at least 4 maybe 5 times a week and to do these took me 90 minutes from start to finish ...."

A quick translation = "I have no girlfriend!"
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
dryle View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2008 at 13:54
Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

A quick translation = "I have no life!"

fixed

Dave Ryle

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -- George Bernard Shaw
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2008 at 15:41
Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

A quick translation = "I have no girlfriend!"

That was the general consensus on the GTI forum that the link came from. 

The other guys on the detailing forum appeared to in the majority very impressed but I would still stand by the comments made on his previous attempt about this one.  "It's just an Astra FFS!"

I could see the point on a car that costs hundreds of thousands of pounds but on a front wheel drive shopping cart which doesn't exactly look nice is just a wee bit OTT.

Nice clean car with no swirls or scratches yeah o.k. but...

Andrew

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Allan320 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Obsessive Detailer!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allan320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2008 at 16:47

Legend.

Daz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-September-2008 at 22:37

Cool, could he do my granite worktops in my kitchen?  Could I clay those out of interest?

Daz

2009 E92 M3 - Milltek
keithc View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-September-2008 at 12:53
Man o man! What a spanner! Does he even drive the thing? I'd hate to think what he'd do if he did and a fly splatted on the windscreen! Talk about taking things to the extreme!
Security2U View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Security2U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-September-2008 at 04:22
mmmmm give me half an hour with it please i want ta make love to it here and now.did you see all the cleaning gear he had and all the bottles of stuff and his dorky mates that hav noting better to do than help there prev mate clean his car.my laptop did not even load up all the pics he had so many took.
Zim Zimmer who's got the keys 2 my Beamer
wackenzie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wackenzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2008 at 22:20

sweet child o mine.

If I am lucky I get to take the kids into the street, wash the card while they soak me, then I soak them, they go to mum crying, I wipe the car dry and apply some wax or polish or something, as quick as I can.

I want to see the pictures of him the first time he see's a birds doo or as I have experienced lately an eagles doo covering the astra from the bonnet to the boot.

At the end of the day, its metal sprayed with paint, not some kind of precious metal that is worth any real money.

Do you think he cleans his dinner dishes with clay and photographs the complete episode, or even worse, could there be a website on the WWW detailing and cataloging the cleaning of his own bunnet!

PMC

AndyS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
The Last of the Few

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2008 at 11:48
Stop taking the p!$$ out of the poor guy. He obviously suffers from OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) & can't help himself.

Yes, a white Astra with a decal kit & more power than the chassis can handle is a bit sad so I suggest the Bavarian-Board offer the services of it's members to help him achieve total satisfaction.

He can start by cleaning my cars. Afterwards he take as many photos of them as he likes.
AndyS
Live each day as if it's your last - one day it will be.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic