Forum LockedFormula 1 chit-chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202122
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
540 V8 View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-September-2008 at 17:28

lol, talk about a turn around, they make the cars faster, then safer, then take away safety features, then add some more, then take away downforce. MAKE YER FLIPPIN MINDS UP!!!

Keeps things interesting I suppose!

Mike

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
Sponsored Links

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2008 at 17:43

For the 2009 season there is a raft of changes, something like 50% less downforce from the cars as a whole, no add-ons eg. barge boards,additional wing, shark fin rear engine cover and the re- introduction of slick tyres instead of the grooved slicks currently being used.

2009 Technical Regulations

(It's a bit indepth and longwinded.)

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2008 at 17:36
Are they wanting less downforce at the back then?
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2008 at 17:27

The look of things to come ...........

New 2009 Wing

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2008 at 16:17

Quote "A year ago it wasn't possible to put him in our car, he was very inexperienced and you cannot gamble," team boss Mario Theissen explains.

"The BMW management have missed what was the right time to have the right driver. That he drives now for a different team, makes no sense to me," said Stuck, who raced in F1 in the 70s.

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2008 at 13:12

Theissen refutes claims of a rift with Kubica

Friday 19th September 2008

Mario Theissen has denied that relations with Robert Kubica are strained in the wake of the Pole's claims that BMW are not doing enough to support his title bid.

Kubica hit out at his team in the build-up to the Italian GP, stating that he feels they are not doing enough to support his chances of winning the World title.

Kubica is currently third in the standings having led the battle earlier in the season after winning the Canadian GP.

The Polish driver's comments led to reports that his relationship with BMW had broken down, however, Theissen has denied this.

"We sat down twice over the Monza weekend and spent quite some time together," the BMW team boss told Autosport. "They (the reports) have been totally exaggerated.

"Robert was disappointed after the Spa race and he made some comments which were then turned into much harsher press statements. Then, after that, I was asked about the situation in Monza, and my comments were turned into harsh statements as well.

"I was asked in a Friday (press) briefing if the driver could be given a penalty for comments like this, and my answer was: 'I don't talk about contractual content'. The journalist then wrote that Theissen does not rule out a penalty!

"It just tells you that this is made out of almost nothing. There is certainly an issue we have to discuss, and it is about performance of the car.

"We have not developed as strongly as we expected. We have discussed this several times and I am sure we will keep up the discussions with Robert."

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_4166585,00.html
1997 E39 523i
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2008 at 21:31
Quote Stuck - BMW should have kept Vettel
Thursday, 18 September 2008
Sep.18 (GMM)  Hans-Joachim Stuck, a former German racing driver with long links to BMW, has questioned the Hinwil based team's decision last year to let Sebastian Vettel switch to Toro Rosso.

Vettel, who wowed the world of formula one by winning last Sunday's Italian grand prix from pole, was - despite firm existing contractual links to Red Bull - actively involved with BMW-Sauber last year as test driver.

"A year ago it wasn't possible to put him in our car, he was very inexperienced and you cannot gamble," team boss Mario Theissen explains.

But Stuck doesn't see it like that.

"The BMW management have missed what was the right time to have the right driver," he told Spox.

"That he drives now for a different team, makes no sense to me," Stuck, who raced in F1 in the 70s, continued.

"BMW surely had their reasons, but I would have probably done things differently," he added.

http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/10313/900/
1997 E39 523i
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-September-2008 at 14:48

Ferrari has announced that Kimi Raikkonen will stay with the team for the next two seasons - ending speculation that the reigning champion is on the brink of retirement.

Raikkonen's future had been a hot topic in the paddock all summer, with his disappointing performances this year fuelling rumours that he would quit the sport at the end of 2009 - or even after at the end of this season.

Fernando Alonso was widely assumed to be waiting in the wings to take the Ferrari seat whenever Raikkonen departed.

However today's (12th September 2008) surprise announcement just before (Monza's) second practice means that Ferrari will retain the Raikkonen and Felipe Massa partnership for at least two more years, with Massa having been re-signed through 2010 last autumn.

But don't care.
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-September-2008 at 14:45

McLaren’s appeal against Lewis Hamilton’s Belgian Grand Prix penalty will be heard on 22nd September, Formula 1’s governing body has announced.

The FIA’s International Court of Appeal will convene in Paris on the Monday before the inaugural Singapore GP, with a verdict not expected until the following day.

Hamilton’s Spa victory was rescinded after race stewards deemed that he gained an advantage by cutting a chicane during his battle for the lead with Kimi Raikkonen.

The Briton was demoted to third place, handing the win to Raikkonen and reducing his world championship lead over Felipe Massa to two points.

There is a possibility that the appeal will be thrown out on a technicality, without the substantive issue being considered, since the retrospective time penalty imposed on Hamilton was in lieu of a drive-through and these are not subject to formal challenge.

The admissibility of the appeal is expected to be decided at the hearing itself.

Edited by thepits

But don't care.
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-September-2008 at 14:43

As the Bavarian Board Fantasy F1 League topic http://www.bavarian-board.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=40305 was getting a bit confusing, I'd thought i'd start this one

Edited by thepits

But don't care.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202122
  Share Topic