FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFormula 1 chit-chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 22>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-January-2009 at 11:34

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
Sponsored Links

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2009 at 09:25

2009 Ferrari F60

The launch line-up in full:
January 12 - Ferrari, online / Fiorano, Italy
January 15 - Toyota TF109, online
January 16 - McLaren MP4-24, Woking, UK
January 19 - Renault R29, Algarve Motor Park, Portugal
January 19 - Williams FW31, Algarve Motor Park, Portugal
January 20 - BMW Sauber F1.09, Valencia, Spain
January 20 - Toyota TF109 (track debut), Algarve Motor Park, Portugal
February 9 - Red Bull RB5, Jerez, Spain

(Minus Honda.)

Edited by Sporty1

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2009 at 11:34
fingers crossed!

Kubica will take the 2009 World title'

Saturday 10th January 2009

Murray Walker reckons Robert Kubica could this year's Drivers' Championship title, while Renault should also find themselves near the front of the pack.

Driving for BMW last season, Kubica found himself leading the Drivers' standings after his win at the Canadian GP.

The Polish driver, though, fell out of the running for the title at the penultimate race of the season with many claiming it was largely BMW's lack of progress that cost him rather than his own ability.

This year, though, former F1 commentator Walker believes Kubica could be in the running thanks to the sport's new regulations.

"Nobody has got the faintest idea what's going to be happening in 2009," Walker said during the Autosport International Show.

"They've thrown all the balls up in the air, we've got KERS, we've got slick tyres - thank God - all sorts of different things happening next year. It's going to be very different.

"Ask me who will win the Championship this year. Robert Kubica in the BMW.

"They're a mighty switched on organisation, BMW, they make cracking road cars and I am full of admiration and respect for what they've done. And they will get better."

As for Renault, Walker believes the 2005 and 2006 World Champions could find themselves winning more races with Fernando Alonso.

"They got it wrong by not stretching the rules as much as some of the other teams may have done in the engine department last year, but now that's being put right," Walker said.

"I think Renault are going to be a big threat, particularly with Fernando Alonso at the wheel because he has still got something to prove."

[planet-f1.com]
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2009 at 21:24

Kubica starts own kart team

6-Jan-2009

Robert Kubica has joined the growing ranks of formula one drivers who are also involved with teams in the lower categories of the sport.

The BMW-Sauber racer is reported to have founded a karting team, in collaboration with the kart manufacturer Birel, with which he was successful during his own days in the junior class.

"I wished to do something active in the world of kart racing, the discipline which allowed me to stand out and take the path leading to F1, and which I still love," Kubica, 24 and from Poland, told his F1 team's website.

After his F1 testing duties in December, Kubica tested the new chassis.

It is said he intends to take a hands-on management role with his team, which is set to participate in major international events starting this year.

Fernando Alonso and Jarno Trulli are also involved with their own kart outfits, while Kimi Raikkonen and Giancarlo Fisichella have teams in F3 and GP2 respectively.
1997 E39 523i
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-January-2009 at 10:12
Originally posted by Jack735 Jack735 wrote:

Carlos Slim Helú, the second richest man* in the world.

Slim's out

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-December-2008 at 12:06
Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-December-2008 at 12:03
Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

Are you suggesting that venues will not be able to afford to host them or that the teams may object to so many?
If the former then surely the relevant government would help out financially as its good for tourism and if the latter then this could entitle sponsors to claim a partial refund?
now there's no need to be so sarcastic KB

But don't care.
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-December-2008 at 17:43
Are you suggesting that venues will not be able to afford to host them or that the teams may object to so many?
If the former then surely the relevant government would help out financially as its good for tourism and if the latter then this could entitle sponsors to claim a partial refund?
I can't imagine Bernie suggesting it anyhow!
1997 E39 523i
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-December-2008 at 17:19

I see the final 2009 calendar has been published:
with current economic climate i'll suspect there may be more changes to come.

I presume that another Fantasy F1 competition (and prize!!!) is expected
hmm, lets start our own competition "Which F1 round will bite the bullet next" - with no prize.

But don't care.
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-December-2008 at 17:13
I see the final 2009 calendar has been published:
March 29 - Australia
April 5 - Malaysia
April 19 - China
April 26 - Bahrain
May 10 - Spain
May 24 - Monaco
June 7 - Turkey
June 21 - Britain
July 12 - Germany
July 26 - Hungary
August 23 - Europe
August 30 - Belgium
September 13 - Italy
September 27 - Singapore
October 4 - Japan
October 18 - Brazil
November 1 - United Arab Emirates

I presume that another Fantasy F1 competition (and prize!!!) is expected
1997 E39 523i
Jack735 View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-December-2008 at 09:51

3 potential buyers for the crappy Honda Team.

David Richards, owner of Prodrive.

Achilleas Kallakis, a Greek shipping tycoon, is interested.

Carlos Slim Helú, the second richest man* in the world.

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/12/23/early-suitors-for -honda-formula-one-team/?nl=wheels&emc=wheelsa1

* Imagine being THAT rich and being described as that - not quite good enough!!!  Ron Denis should have a word with him!

Oooh, The machine of a dream, such a clean machine With the pistons a pumpin', and the alloys all gleam, When I'm holding your wheel, All I hear is your gear, With my hand on your grease gun, Mmm it's like a disease son, I'm in love with my car, gotta feel for my automobile, Get a grip on my .......
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-December-2008 at 15:20
Originally posted by thepits thepits wrote:

Originally posted by Sporty1 Sporty1 wrote:

Read elsewhere it was Tata's IT consultancy, not their automotive arm.

Still Tata though, so as they own Jaguar/Land Rover, and it is rumoured that the UK government is going to bale them out to the tune of billons of £'s, and we pay the UK government taxes, does that mean that WE end up sponsoring Ferrari?

Not unless the UK government also 'bail' out TCS.

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-December-2008 at 14:33

Still Tata though, so as they own Jaguar/Land Rover, and it is rumoured that the UK government is going to bale them out to the tune of billons of £'s, and we pay the UK government taxes, does that mean that WE end up sponsoring Ferrari?

But don't care.
Peter Fenwick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-December-2008 at 09:30

Climate change makes fossil fools of F1

...But there's time to turn the corner - with some great ideas!

Usual cr%p from that rag.

Wouldn't wipe my ar*e with the Mail

Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-December-2008 at 13:06

ETA; http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/tcs-inks-marketi ng-dealferrari/18/31/51474/on

Edited by Sporty1

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-December-2008 at 22:01
Quote Ferrari F1 going racing with... Tata Motors?

An historic event will take place at the start of the 2009 Formula 1 season as Italian Ferrari grand prix cars will be emblazoned with the logos of an Indian automaker for the first time ever. Tata Motors, a subsidiary of the Tata Group, has purchased rights to sponsor Ferrari's F1 racing efforts. Details of the duration and the dollar amount have yet to be revealed. This isn't the first time Tata has been involved with F1, however. A few years back, it was a sponsor of both Jordan and Williams' F1 efforts.

The partnership is not as left-field as it might initially seem, as Fiat (which owns the Prancing Horse) has a few joint ventures with the Indian automaker. Ferrari, being a very small manufacturer of roadgoing supercars, requires sponsorships such as this to continue racing in such expensive series as Formula 1. For Tata, placing its corporate logos on Ferrari race cars outwardly associates them with one of the most prestigious marques in the world, a move they doubtlessly see as key in their push to become a global automotive force.
1997 E39 523i
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2008 at 16:34

But don't care.
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-December-2008 at 11:18

Mosley Delighted

Has he been for another spanking session?

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-December-2008 at 09:47

But don't care.
Jack735 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-December-2008 at 13:50

Climate change makes fossil fools of F1

...But there's time to turn the corner - with some great ideas!

It seems to me to be the rantings of someone a wee bit bitter and twisted.

Was he missed out when the freebies for the GB GP were handed out?

Has he just discovered he and his ‘partner’ haven’t been invited to the Max & Bernie Christmas bun fight?

It really is difficult to find any paper to read when the quality of reporting has become so shockingly poor, for the most part irresponsible and being virtually answerable to no one.

Oooh, The machine of a dream, such a clean machine With the pistons a pumpin', and the alloys all gleam, When I'm holding your wheel, All I hear is your gear, With my hand on your grease gun, Mmm it's like a disease son, I'm in love with my car, gotta feel for my automobile, Get a grip on my .......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 22>
  Share Topic